This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Best weekend in a long time. Kasdorf should of started earlier in season. Refs were solid all weekend # let them play 5-5
    I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
      Best weekend in a long time. Kasdorf should of started earlier in season. Refs were solid all weekend # let them play 5-5
      I agree with the ref statement. They basically were good.

As to Kasdorf starting earlier, maybe a few games earlier, but I can't fault SA in not putting him up to the wolves when the team was being experemnted with up and down the lineup. Goalies' confidence can be shaken easily, and SA probably knows that first hand.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I thought Allen was good last night and Fri. Dumas not so much.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Mark Miller is awesome. What a competitor.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            I agree with the ref statement. They basically were good.

As to Kasdorf starting earlier, maybe a few games earlier, but I can't fault SA in not putting him up to the wolves when the team was being experemnted with up and down the lineup. Goalies' confidence can be shaken easily, and SA probably knows that first hand.
            Spot on RB-easy for some to say that Kasdorf should have started sooner. But that is with retrospective knowledge. We were not a good team early this year. We have had seasons like that before. It took a little time for things to gel. This team is led by freshmen and sophomores and throwing Kaz out there before these guys got things together would not have been a smart move. All credit to SA. He knew this would be a long season and there would be a time to introduce the kid to NCAA Division I hockey goaltending. I do not know that anything would have made much difference in our record earlier this season.(other than better special teams play) Besides I am of the opinion that Bryce and Diebold are both very good keepers and most teams would love to have either one of them.
            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              Mark Miller is awesome. What a competitor.
              Yes. I can't get over all of the emails I exchanged with various people trying to figure out last year what his strengths were.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                I thought Allen was good last night and Fri. Dumas not so much.
                ]
                Dumas was much worse in Princeton. But he had the added attraction of working with Kotyra that afternoon. What one called wrong the other made up for by making the next bad call. I hope they are on vacation next weekend and far away from the North Country.

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                  Not a fight. It was a check to the head - I can't recall if it was a shoulder or an elbow. Broke JJ's jaw and probably was one of the reasons he ended up getting traded out of Boston. Harry Sinden seemed to think everyone needed to play like Cam Neely. So he traded Joey for a chain smoking defenseman with a hard shot who was tough (and out of the league a year later).
                  jmhusker's recollection is spot on - no fight, a clean check with the shoulder and Joey led with his face. Juneau was way too intelligent and well spoken for the Bruins regime at that time. Insult was Iafrate was often injured too,and dragged the B's down further into the morass.

Anyways, great weekend from the boys. Let's hope they keep it going, especially the team defense. lgr!
                  Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Booked a flight a month ago to get back for the slu clarkson senior nite games and maybe a home ice playoff series. Thought they would start a streak like this. Any chance for another tailgate party or Knotty Pine?? Impressed with Miller Bubela and Zalewski. Glad to see Higgs back hustling all game. Would J D'a and Pirri make this team as seniors?? just kidding. One game at a time.
                    Last edited by Havasu M; 02-03-2013, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                      Booked a flight a month ago to get back for the slu clarkson senior nite games and maybe a home ice playoff series. Thought they would start a streak like this. Any chance for another tailgate party or Knotty Pine?? Impressed with Miller Bubela and Zalewski. Glad to see Higgs back hustling all game. Would J D'a and Pirri make this team as seniors?? just kidding.
                      I don't care how you slice it, neither of those guys look too smart leaving when they did. Especially D'Amigo, he's cost himself a lot of $$$.
                      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Which hasn't been the case all that often since RKarger has been at RPI.
                        Unfortunately. I certainly hope it's the case much more often before I graduate.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                          That used to be the norm when a game was a fait accompli in the last two minutes.
                          Probably why it happened last night. I remember also doing it, but of course we didn't do it very often because, when I was playing iwth the band, we didn't win very often.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            I don't care how you slice it, neither of those guys look too smart leaving when they did. Especially D'Amigo, he's cost himself a lot of $$$.
                            no doubt agree completely

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                              Since I was not privy to the money involved i really have no clue-but I don't think either would have suffered by staying at RPI for at least one more year. if nothing else to be that much closer to a degree in case things just never do work out in hockey. Making it at the NHL level is just so incredibly difficult with increasing competition every year from NCAA boys, Canadian Juniors, and of course the eastern Europeans. Add to that the financial situation causing many NHL level players to hang on and play a few extra years. Of course i wish the two boys the best but as of now it certainly looks like their decisions were marginal at best.

Comment

I'm good with this if it truly is a clean game. From what I could tell, it truly was a clean game, and any of the calls made were blatantly obvious. Maybe a miss here and there, but for the most part decent. Allen did a very good job with his control of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X