X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    Edit: Wait, AspyDad would be reminding us how smart SA is.
    Our great coach.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Underscore biased. It also makes a big difference to look at what team was the opposition when a ref was on the ice. There is a big difference between playing Sacred Heart and playing Cornell. No matter how bad kotyra has been-and no matter what he has called or not called-it is harder for that to influence a game against Sacred Heart, Alabama Huntsville, AIC, etc. If you look at the recent Princeton game down here, the score card looks almost like he and Dumas called a very fair game. I was not so sure-being given the only penalties during play in the first period certainly had an effect. Calling off an RPI goal mid game also did not help. None of that will show up well on paper.
      Are you saying that it is more likely that we get Kotyra and Hicks when we play poorer teams - I don't think so.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
        Our great coach.
        That's the one.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
          ......sure do!
          If we all were as smart as you Your Honor!!!
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Are you saying that it is more likely that we get Kotyra and Hicks when we play poorer teams - I don't think so.
            No usually Paul waits for high profile games like the NBC game or the BU game at HFH where they had to pry Jack Parker off of Hicks.

Comment

No usually Paul waits for high profile games like the NBC game or the BU game at HFH where they had to pry Jack Parker off of Hicks.
              A game, it should be noted, that Parker vividly remembered two years later. That's one of the rare times when I could look at the other coach losing his **** and say aloud... "you know, if I were in his position I'd be losing my ****, too."
              Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

That is what I suspected also, but it sounded like DrD was going in the other direction.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No-but you are the mathematician-when we do get them for those games-and we still win, then their statistics do not show how really bad they have been. These things are hard to quantify-as i keep saying-you really have to see the games and how they are called. I maintain that by simply looking at the resulting score sheet-no one can tell how an official affected a game. They just do not show the blown off sides, the missed penalties, the quick whistles, etc etc etc.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

That is what I suspected also, but it sounded like DrD was going in the other direction.
                    Not at all. I wasn't commenting about Mr Stewart at all. From what I have been told he is usually too busy looking in the mirror to be bothered by much else anyway. it would be interesting to see however how often we draw certain officials. It does seem(and I have not bothered to look) like we have gotten Kotyra more frequently recently.

In the past 2 years-I just cannot recall any regular season ECAC game in which we had Kotyra on the ice that we won. Sure we won this year against Sacred Heart and in the playoffs up at Potsdam last year and I think he was on the ice there. But i know we have had him about 5 or 6 times during the regular season for ECAC games.
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 02-01-2013, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      From what I have been told he is usually too busy looking in the mirror to be bothered by much else anyway.
                      Epic. I did miss seeing you and the beautiful Jenny. TB and I hope that we can all meet at Atlantic City.

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Epic. I did miss seeing you and the beautiful Jenny. TB and I hope that we can all meet at Atlantic City.
                        Who do you think you are kidding? You will not get a pass to go to wanna be sin city. Even if you do last minute you will drop out like the PU trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                          Who do you think you are kidding? You will not get a pass to go to wanna be sin city. Even if you do last minute you will drop out like the PU trip.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                            So you have to tell everybody that the Mrs. runs me.

Comment

I have not made any plans for AC yet-seems the last 2 years when I did, the team just never made it. although i love college hockey-I really do not want to sit and watch 4 other teams play this year. I am hoping by not planning on being there-that it works as a good luck charm and we have to end up scrambling to get there.

Comment

So you have to tell everybody that the Mrs. runs me.
                                We have a similar situation. We make all our decisions together. I ask Jenny what she thinks, and then we do whatever she decides.

Comment

Working...
                                X