X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by jericho View Post
    You're one of THOSE. If I was the doctor doing surgery, I'd demand to put to sleep.
    J: Having performed so many of these kinds of surgeries-I always left the decision up to the patient. But i would explain carefully to them the advantages of both being awake and being put out. It really depends on the patient and the surgery. For people who are good candidates i always recommended being as awake as possible. Never discount the number of anesthetic accidents and problems. Nothing we do is without risk and although the numbers are pretty small, there is a real increased risk of general anesthesia. Today was uncomfortable at most and certainly not in any way painful.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

get well Doc, hope this doesn't impact your always insightful posts...
      Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
        get well Doc, hope this doesn't impact your always insightful posts...
        That one belongs on the pun thread. Thanks to all the well wishers. If my eyesight returns to form then maybe I can see all those penalties that Kotyra and Dumas and others have been calling. I've just had so much trouble figuring out if they are seeing something that I have been missing.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          That one belongs on the pun thread. Thanks to all the well wishers. If my eyesight returns to form then maybe I can see all those penalties that Kotyra and Dumas and others have been calling. I've just had so much trouble figuring out if they are seeing something that I have been missing.
          And if your eyesight doesn't return to form, you can be a ref yourself.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            And if your eyesight doesn't return to form, you can be a ref yourself.
            I would never be able to do that-I am very compulsive and would actually try to do the job correctly. It just seems like some of these fellows make penalty calls by the sound of the hit alone.

Comment

Not knowing the recovery time for this type of surgery, will you know immediately after the patch comes off if your sight is what you wanted it to be, or will there be more time for your sight to clear up?
              We cecrtaily hope for a full recovery and the ability to watch RPI hockey move forward with clear vision.
              Get well soon.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Nice. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, we played Clarkson last year, but #10 doesn't play #9.
                Thanks RB. Liked the article because one of my favorite Engineers, Haggs is featured. He has been absolutely dominant lately. John Rogic has played unbelievable as of late (cue the you youtube). Our puck possession has been fantastic and I am waiting for some puck luck to follow the hard work the boys have been providing. Go Red!!!!!
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Get well soon Doc. All my best.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                    Thanks RB. Liked the article because one of my favorite Engineers, Haggs is featured. He has been absolutely dominant lately. John Rogic has played unbelievable as of late (cue the you youtube). Our puck possession has been fantastic and I am waiting for some puck luck to follow the hard work the boys have been providing. Go Red!!!!!
                    What youtube?
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

What youtube?
                      We haven't seen Rogic on Youtube since he was in juniors.

Comment

What youtube?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGzPCyticMI

Comment

You have to eliminate the Matt Hatch part before posting that.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Not knowing the recovery time for this type of surgery, will you know immediately after the patch comes off if your sight is what you wanted it to be, or will there be more time for your sight to clear up?
                            We cecrtaily hope for a full recovery and the ability to watch RPI hockey move forward with clear vision.
                            Get well soon.
                            Patch removed an hour ago. The effect of the cataract removal and lens replacement is almost immediate. Went from legally blind (20/200) in the eye and corrected with glases to 20/100 to an immediate 20/30 without glasses and doc says that will get far better n the next week. The hooker in all of this is the retina surgery. Still have to protect the eye for now since the retina takes some time for the 'welding' of the two detached areas. But as Jenny was driving us home-i saw things around me that I have been missing for years-I can read almost all the signs and the colors are so vivid that it is mind boggling. Now the process is to keep protecting the area and frequent drops for inflammation and to avoid infection. Eye doc is suggesting that we think about the other eye-it is not urgent but the contrast between the vision now is so dramatic that it might just be prudent to do this again in a month or so for the other side.

Now back to the important stuff-anyone know how we stand health wise after the Union game? it seems to be we are at almost full strenght minus one major injury that was probably season ending.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              Get well soon Doc. All my best.
                              Missed you at Princeton-after the game dinner was not the same without you.

Comment

[QUOTE=DrDemento;5614736]Patch removed an hour ago. The effect of the cataract removal and lens replacement is almost immediate. Went from legally blind (20/200) in the eye and corrected with glases to 20/100 to an immediate 20/30 without glasses and doc says that will get far better n the next week. The hooker in all of this is the retina surgery. Still have to protect the eye for now since the retina takes some time for the 'welding' of the two detached areas. But as Jenny was driving us home-i saw things around me that I have been missing for years-I can read almost all the signs and the colors are so vivid that it is mind boggling. Now the process is to keep protecting the area and frequent drops for inflammation and to avoid infection. Eye doc is suggesting that we think about the other eye-it is not urgent but the contrast between the vision now is so dramatic that it might just be prudent to do this again in a month or so for the other side.

This is all great news Doc, and glad to hear turning out so well for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X