X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    7th place. I believe we are better than most of the teams ahead of us. PP was spot on. Liked how Bails was moved down low, less trarffic for him to shot thru. Played well with a lead, poised and composed. Very nice weekend. Can we stop the fire SA stuff for awhile?
    Aspy-can only partially agree. We are most certainly better than our record-especially the ECAC record. We have now played 4 straight good league games but only have 5 points to show for it. I am very excited about this team but just would like not to get carried away just yet. We won these two games-and it is a great feeling to come away with all 4 points. But we were outshot both nights and we certainly did not blow these teams out of the arena. Let's see how we do over the next 2-3 weeks before we start to think about how we compare to all the teams above us in the standings. And remember, we have moved up in the standings but every team below us has played fewer league games-and if they also win-only Harvard cannot catch us at the moment. Stay calm and be cool-and hope that our boys can stay that way also.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
      Aspy-can only partially agree. We are most certainly better than our record-especially the ECAC record. We have now played 4 straight good league games but only have 5 points to show for it. I am very excited about this team but just would like not to get carried away just yet. We won these two games-and it is a great feeling to come away with all 4 points. But we were outshot both nights and we certainly did not blow these teams out of the arena. Let's see how we do over the next 2-3 weeks before we start to think about how we compare to all the teams above us in the standings. And remember, we have moved up in the standings but every team below us has played fewer league games-and if they also win-only Harvard cannot catch us at the moment. Stay calm and be cool-and hope that our boys can stay that way also.
      Doc, you know that we are not going to blow any teams out. And we may get out shot in most of our games. But the defense is keeping most of the shots to the perimeter and Kasdorf looks like the real deal.
      Our break out is solid and our passing is much improved. If we can get Bailen to stop passing into the slot and Lee to stop taking offensive zone penalties, we will win a lot of games.
      I make no prediction on where we will finish, but with 10 league games left, I see us winning more than half of those, and that should keep us in the middle of the pack by the playoffs.
      If we continue to improve going into the playoffs, I think we will have as good a shot as anyone of winning the tournament.
      Of course, we have to stay healthy and we have to keep improving. Any backslide and who knows how low we can go.
      Think happy thoughts, and lets go red!!!!!!!!!!
      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
      Benjamin Franklin
      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I respectfully disagree. You rightly point out that special teams and especially PP is very important but more so is goaltending and I do not see too many teams with the netminder we have. I do see your wait and see attitude but this team has a run in it...call it my gut.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Officiating was awful tonight...again. Feola and Baker. On a side note Keith Allain went after Chip Mcdonald after handshake of their game. Stewart is a joke.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
            Officiating was awful tonight...again. Feola and Baker. On a side note Keith Allain went after Chip Mcdonald after handshake of their game. Stewart is a joke.
            It wasn't too bad... ...for a Cornell game.

Comment

4 point weekend is a good start, as in everything in life, gotta get better each day. Gotta make monday-thursday as important as friday and saturday night. Enjoy the victory tonight, get back to work monday and get ready for Union at the TUC.
              Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I just read on the rpiathletics site that this was the first time RPI has beaten both Colgate & Cornell at home since Feb. 26 1999! http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

RPI's RPI is .4998. I wonder if games next Friday can make us a TUC at the TUC on Saturday.
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-20-2013, 02:52 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ed Weaver's article http://www.troyrecord.com/articles/2...mode=fullstory
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      I just read on the rpiathletics site that this was the first time RPI has beaten both Colgate & Cornell at home since Feb. 26 1999! http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...px?path=hockey
                      Well, the last time we beat Cornell at home was 2006 (obviously that was the kick mark game for Colgate), and I can't remember the last time we beat Colgate at home...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        RPI's RPI is .4998. I wonder if games next Friday can make us a TUC at the TUC on Saturday.
                        SO dang close...

I believe that, given Union's RatingsPI, a tie will give it to us. Obviously we want to shoot for the win, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          SO dang close...

I believe that, given Union's RatingsPI, a tie will give it to us. Obviously we want to shoot for the win, though.
                          I guess as often is the case I wasn't clear.

The Union game is Saturday. My question is if other games could get us there before that game. As you wrote, we are quite close to an RPI of 0.5000.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess as often is the case I wasn't clear.

The Union game is Saturday. My question is if other games could get us there before that game. As you wrote, we are quite close to an RPI of 0.5000.
                            Heck, even UCONN/QPac could give it to us, depending on how that goes (especially because of that little tie we got on them).

As for clarity, you were perfectly clear. I just don't like to associate other schools directly with us, hence why I use RatingsPI.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Heck, even UCONN/QPac could give it to us, depending on how that goes (especially because of that little tie we got on them).

As for clarity, you were perfectly clear. I just don't like to associate other schools directly with us, hence why I use RatingsPI.

I don't have a program to play around with the RatingsPI, but I would not think that QPac would gain enough from a victory over UConn to lift us to 0.5000. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if results from some of the OOC teams we played could do it alone.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I don't have a program to play around with the RatingsPI, but I would not think that QPac would gain enough from a victory over UConn to lift us to 0.5000. OTOH, I wouldn't be surprised if results from some of the OOC teams we played could do it alone.
                                What if Connecticut winning, or a tie helped? Mercyhurst earned a split, and Sacred Heart has only played one game. They lost to MSU-M and tied Union. LOTS of common opponents. Granted the common opponents doesn't help in RatingsPI (onyl the PWR), but UCONN is still an opponent of opponent, and that's 54% of your RatingsPI as opposed to 21% for straight opponents.

Comment

Working...
                                X