X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    I specifically noted that this was not a suggestion for the PP. It is mostly for rushes. We come down the ice 3 on 2 with a wide open shot on the wing and we try to pass it through the defenseman for a shot from the slot.
    I would like to see us take that shot from the wing with the other forwards on the rush going to the net. We are not scoring, something has to change. Again, I believe that it is a confidence issue. So we continue to look for the perfect play and pass up good scoring opportunities.
    Changing the lines this weekend was an indication that the coaches know that we have to change something.
    All great stuff posted on this page of the thread - simplified, its speed and motion and creating options...whether on the power play or even strength or during odd man rushes. For all the years I coached youth hockey, I always told the kids that speed kills, and its true. It seems that we have recruited speed and want to play up tempo. Cant do that standing around. Absolutely have to have guys moving as well as the puck and getting the option for the pass into the slot or cross ice thru the box because the goalie cannot move as fast as the puck. Same with something like a 3 on 2 - guy with the puck needs to create time and space and the others need to break hard to the net with the last guy as a drop or a trail. the puck carrier then has options on either a shot or 2 passing alternatives....but never should a shot be passed or broken up. Just means that we didnt create the correct gapping and options for the carrier. All gets back to what I was trying to communicate last week - we have the speed, we just need to use it. I am so glad we have the kids we do and very obvious that they can flat out play...so let them. I'll never be disappointed if we constantly pressure the puck, play the body, use speed to our advantage, and play with a sense of urgency. We have said for the past severl years also, that we have the right goaltending, and we are strong enough defensively, but that 2 goals or less per game is just going to cut it. we start scoring 3-4, and we will have the record that we deserve.

Comment

was there a Presser today to drum up what's being called, "The Inaugrul Mayors Cup"? ........http://www.rpiathletics.com/index.aspx?path=hockey
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
        was there a Presser today to drum up what's being called, "The Inaugrul Mayors Cup"? ........http://www.rpiathletics.com/index.aspx?path=hockey
        It's a nice idea, but I highly doubt they'll get over 5,000. Heck, I'd be shocked if they fill the lower bowl after giving away tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          It's a nice idea, but I highly doubt they'll get over 5,000. Heck, I'd be shocked if they fill the lower bowl after giving away tickets.
          Ditto. We can't get excited for, Black Friday or BRF yet we're supposed to flock to the TUC for a manufactured Big Game???????? Give me a break.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Ditto. We can't get excited for, Black Friday or BRF yet we're supposed to flock to the TUC for a manufactured Big Game???????? Give me a break.
            Hey now, we can sell out BRF. Black Friday they give away tickets and still can't sell it out.

Comment

Hey now, we can sell out BRF. Black Friday they give away tickets and still can't sell it out.
              I,m not talking about sell-outs or attendance.....I'm talking about all the BS we've heard about in-season games that are big to the fans but downplayed by SA.....now a game that doesn't count in the standings is supposed to be a Big Deal.

Comment

I,m not talking about sell-outs or attendance.....I'm talking about all the BS we've heard about in-season games that are big to the fans but downplayed by SA.....now a game that doesn't count in the standings is supposed to be a Big Deal.
                Especially against a team that isn't our rival.

Comment

Especially against a team that isn't our rival.
                  I guess because I'm relatively new to RPI hockey (7yrs) Clarkson means nothing to me as neither team has been a player in that time. Union & Cornell (family rivalry) are where I get my hate on.

Comment

It is worth a try, but unless both teams are having good seasons, I doubt that it will drum up more interest than what you are saying.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I guess because I'm relatively new to RPI hockey (7yrs) Clarkson means nothing to me as neither team has been a player in that time. Union & Cornell (family rivalry) are where I get my hate on.
                      7 years? You mean that you are really SA?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        It is worth a try, but unless both teams are having good seasons, I doubt that it will drum up more interest than what you are saying.
                        Not only that, but unless it involves an orange round thing or celebrity musician, the TUC will not promote it.

Comment

Not only that, but unless it involves an orange round thing or celebrity musician, the TUC will not promote it.
                          last week when I went to see Yorkie & Springfield was the 1st time I saw any kind of promotion at the TUC for this game.....I've been to about 5-6 Devil's games besides that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            7 years? You mean that you are really SA?
                            hence why I can't discuss possible recruits here

Comment

So if we get the Union fans to throw oranges, and people will come?
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

hence why I can't discuss possible recruits here
                                It's all clear now.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X