X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    First I was wondering how Clarkson was coming 2x to Troy.

There are too many CU's in our league.
    We should reduce by three.
    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
      It is funny how 2 different reporters see it. Weaver, whom I'm assuming was still in Troy, got it right stating it was a wide angle shot as CJ was in the corner when he took the shot. This reporter states he was in front of the net. Not sure if he was there either but still makes me chuckle a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
        It is funny how 2 different reporters see it. Weaver, whom I'm assuming was still in Troy, got it right stating it was a wide angle shot as CJ was in the corner when he took the shot. This reporter states he was in front of the net. Not sure if he was there either but still makes me chuckle a bit.
        This is why I appreciate RPI TV and the work they do, so much. To really get a feel for how we play you either have to be there or see it covered well on a broadcast. Our WRPI announcers do an incredible job-they are about as neutral as any I have ever listened to. You get spoiled by our broadcast teams both internet and TV. I find I just cannot listen to the homers on other broadcasts. Although i must admit, this year, I can watch the Yale TV broadcasts very often.
        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          This is why I appreciate RPI TV and the work they do, so much. To really get a feel for how we play you either have to be there or see it covered well on a broadcast. Our WRPI announcers do an incredible job-they are about as neutral as any I have ever listened to. You get spoiled by our broadcast teams both internet and TV. I find I just cannot listen to the homers on other broadcasts. Although i must admit, this year, I can watch the Yale TV broadcasts very often.
          I never usually have the opportunity to watch the games on RPI TV since I attend all the home games and usually don't bother with watching the replays (though maybe I should this year!). But the Freakout was broadcasted on TW Cable and it was just the feed from the RPI TV broadcast. The announcers were very impressive even though we didn't get much from Kevin Broad who had difficulties with his mic. You would have figured Kevin to be a homer, since he was a former player, but I didn't really see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            You called the maturity comments.

Comment

Just for fun, I checked the ECAC statistics going into this weekend and I found that we have
              3 players in the top 50 in ECAC scoring. None in the top 35.
              Kasdorf is either first or second in Save percentage, goals against and shutouts.
              Kasdorf is 7-2-2 after last night.
              It would appear that our strength is in goal.
              And our potential is in our forwards.
              Lets just keep winning.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Just for fun, I checked the ECAC statistics going into this weekend and I found that we have
                Balanced. We're not going to blow teams out but we can get scoring from many different players.
                Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Lets just keep winning.
                  exactly
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                    Balanced. We're not going to blow teams out but we can get scoring from many different players.
                    Bingo. I'd much rather us have four scoring lines than 2 or 3 hot shots. It means the other team has to have 18 good defending skaters.

Comment

Originally posted by hawthr View Post
                      I know people asked for it, so I followed up - I got Sachi to send me a copy of the tentative 2013-14 men's schedule, and uploaded a PDF to Google Drive. The link below is to the schedule:

2013-14 Hockey Schedule
                      Interesting that RPI is playing at BC next year. Any chance this game ends up as part of the Madison Square Garden event?

Also, question on the PWR rankings, does a team's performance in the last 16 or so games carry heavier weight? I recall this being the case in the past but I think the formula may have been changed. If games later in the season are weighted heavier RPI would be a big beneficiary. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by RPIcrank View Post
                        Interesting that RPI is playing at BC next year. Any chance this game ends up as part of the Madison Square Garden event?
                        I would think so - to me, it doesn't make sense that we'd be traveling to Boston to play BC on Sunday the 13th, and then go back on Friday the 18th (IIRC, you can't stay on a road trip that long to bridge the gap between the 2 games). I know just getting a game with BC is tough, but you'd think common sense would prevail.

Also, question on the PWR rankings, does a team's performance in the last 16 or so games carry heavier weight? I recall this being the case in the past but I think the formula may have been changed. If games later in the season are weighted heavier RPI would be a big beneficiary. Anyone know?
                        As far as I remember, each game carries equal weight. This is how we got in to the tournament in 2011 - our good OOC play early in the season.
                        Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RPIcrank View Post

We read the rumor on a BC blog several months ago it would be in MSG, but nothing since.

The weighting of recent game has been removed from the formula.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Kasdorf is either first or second in Save percentage, goals against and shutouts.
                            Kasdorf is 7-2-2 after last night.
                            It would appear that our strength is in goal.
                            And our potential is in our forwards.
                            Lets just keep winning.
                            Our scoring is definitely in the sophomores and freshmen forwards. Bodes well for next year when we add another class. As you said-let's just keep winning. After tonight we have 4 games left at home and 2 on the road. We have been a better home team so getting home ice in the first round (or even better-a bye) could go a long way towards helping us to AC(and further)
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This team is rounding into form nicely. Imagine where we would be if we won even half of the games that we should have but didn't this year. I've been playing with the what if tool for PWR on the CHN site. Just flipping the last Union game and giving us the win vs. Princeton (1st time) move us up into the top 20 of PWR. Flipping all of the should have won games (BU, Minn St. tie, the other Princeton game) would put us well into the top 10.

What's done is done though and we must look forward. I'm still liking my prediction of a 2nd place in the ECAC.

Comment

I don't feel like finding the post on yesterday's game thread where we said that Laliberte hasn't done much recently (or something like that). He ended with three assists yesterday. http://collegehockeystats.net/1213/boxes/mrenstl1.f08
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X