X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
    IIRC he paid about 1300 to be back there if not more. I cannot remember who exactly the other guy was but know he was an Alum from the 85 team I believe who also paid the same amount. They can pick any home game they wish. I was out of the bidding at 400 since my would have killed me even if I won it at that price.

They also auction off a weekend of your choice to travel with the team on an away trip. You travel with them on the bus, I believe eat with them, stay at same hotel and go to the games. Forget who won this and home much they paid but recall somewhere around 800
    I was happy winning my Titleist Pro V-1's with the puckman on them.

Comment

What a night, lots of fun. We are becomming a tough team to play against. I loved Miller's goal, all effort.

One of my favorite parts of the night was when we scored with 10 seconds left in the 1st period. The hockey alumni gathered near the doorway(next to the bench) for the intermission introductions were clapping for the goal, and as the 5 guys that were on the ice skated by the bench, giving high fives, they skated past the alums and some of them were pounding on the glass, pumping their fists, or clapping. Cool moment.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
        What a night, lots of fun. We are becomming a tough team to play against. I loved Miller's goal, all effort.

One of my favorite parts of the night was when we scored with 10 seconds left in the 1st period. The hockey alumni gathered near the doorway(next to the bench) for the intermission introductions were clapping for the goal, and as the 5 guys that were on the ice skated by the bench, giving high fives, they skated past the alums and some of them were pounding on the glass, pumping their fists, or clapping. Cool moment.
        ....same thing happened with around 30 seconds left in game when the former players were over by Sec.7 glass pounding away....I thought glass was gonna break it was swaying so much.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

IIRC he paid about 1300 to be back there if not more. I cannot remember who exactly the other guy was but know he was an Alum from the 85 team I believe who also paid the same amount. They can pick any home game they wish. I was out of the bidding at 400 since my would have killed me even if I won it at that price.

They also auction off a weekend of your choice to travel with the team on an away trip. You travel with them on the bus, I believe eat with them, stay at same hotel and go to the games. Forget who won this and home much they paid but recall somewhere around 800
          IIRC, that would've been Dino Macaluso....Aspy or troyboy can help me out on this one.
          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            According to the ECAC website,

For some reason, I got the impression from reading the score thread that people who were at the game estimated the crowd at around 4,800?

and not a single word about the Pep Band. I thought lots of Pep Band alumni traveled to Troy to play with the Band during BRF?
            The band was enourmous, loud, and excited. Freakout is my favorite day of the year and having all the alumni back in the band is definitely part of that! We were totally out of seats in our space quite quickly and squeezing in people wherever they could fit. At the very end of the game with less than a minute left there were a couple stoppages and instead of playing one of our normal cheers the band started up "Na, Na, Na, Na, Hey, Hey, Hey, Good-bye" and kept it going through to the end of the game, playing instrumentals during the stoppages and singing while play was going. It was an amazing end to a fantastic game. I'm SO excited for this team. Now time for the men to go up to the North Country! (but we'll be here to help the women out when the North Country comes here as well. )

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
              Not a fight. It was a check to the head - I can't recall if it was a shoulder or an elbow. Broke JJ's jaw and probably was one of the reasons he ended up getting traded out of Boston. Harry Sinden seemed to think everyone needed to play like Cam Neely. So he traded Joey for a chain smoking defenseman with a hard shot who was tough (and out of the league a year later).
              Thanks JM-that was it-refreshed my aging memory completely. The trade for Iafrate may go down as Boston's worst ever. Sinden never liked Joey ever since the original signing-I remember when JJ was leading Team Canada in the Olympic scoring (not goals but total points) on a line with Lindros before coming to Boston. he was holding out for a bit more money from Sinden and threatening to play in Sweden. Sinden had said something to the effect that he should go play and yodel there. All Joey did was come in and set a record for assists for right wingers and finish second in the Rookie of the Year award to Selanne(who really was a more seasoned veteran having played in Europe). Iafrate was big, tough, fast and had a 100+ mph slap shot. But his knees were held together with tin foil and duct tape. It was Lipuma who broke his jaw in a fight.
              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

"Special "team" surprise in store for Freakout!!!!!"

I posted this on the game thread. Actually, there were two surprises.......SA got his first Freakout win as FD mentioned....congrats to him. The surprise I was referring to was the Freakout uniforms......they were special!!
                I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                  "Special "team" surprise in store for Freakout!!!!!"

I posted this on the game thread. Actually, there were two surprises.......SA got his first Freakout win as FD mentioned....congrats to him. The surprise I was referring to was the Freakout uniforms......they were special!!
                  Appert doesn't get credit for winning the 2011 Freakout against #1 Yale?
                  Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by RKarger View Post
                    At the very end of the game with less than a minute left there were a couple stoppages and instead of playing one of our normal cheers the band started up "Na, Na, Na, Na, Hey, Hey, Hey, Good-bye" and kept it going through to the end of the game, playing instrumentals during the stoppages and singing while play was going.
                    That used to be the norm when a game was a fait accompli in the last two minutes.
                    Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                      Appert doesn't get credit for winning the 2011 Freakout against #1 Yale?
                      How soon we forget.
                      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                        I have only seen Dr.J at the Freakout and Black Friday. I don't go to many games each year, and from talking to students when my own kids were attending RPI, she is only doing what she thinks she needs to do as president, and is not a big hockey fan. But it is good to see her participate.
                        As a season ticket holder who has been to every home game this year, EHF is correct that she was only at Black Friday and the Freakout. There have been a lot of nights where "the palace" has been empty. And I would love to see the HFH with 4000+ each night. Haven't seen that since the glory days df 84 and 85. Of course, if we could continue to play like we did this past weekend, attendance will certainly have to go up...
                        Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 02-03-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                          "Tryouts are in August" will now be the battle cry.
                          I love it!!!!
                          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            IIRC, that would've been Dino Macaluso....Aspy or troyboy can help me out on this one.
                            If you remember I was too inebriated to remember my name at golf tourney.
                            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

We did as well my friend thank you for gracing us with your companionship and wealth of hockey knowledge.
                              I like to spend time with the little people to keep myself grounded.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
                                That used to be the norm when a game was a fait accompli in the last two minutes.
                                Which hasn't been the case all that often since RKarger has been at RPI.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X