This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2012-2013 Part III: There Will Be Math Involved

Rumor has it AspyDad will be in front of ECAC offices on Monday morning demanding a debate with Stewart, and to lobby for Coach Appert to be named "Our Great Coach" Seth Appert in all league wide press releases from now until the end of time.
    Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      I'm starting to think these motivational posts from Beman are starting to really do the trick.
      Was that Beman on the bench last night with the coaches? But seriously, do we know who that guy was with them? Did he win some contest or something.
      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
        Was that Beman on the bench last night with the coaches? But seriously, do we know who that guy was with them? Did he win some contest or something.
        No, it was Mr. Tinordi. He won the bid at golf tourney to be on bench for a game. Nice that Tuna hit the score sheet while he was there. Great night.
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
          How many in the luxury boxes?
          They were full (complete with Dr. J in attendance), and the crowd was announced at 4820 which is 20 over what I thought the new reported capacity is (4800).

The band probably numbered about 100 plus family and friends sitting nearby.
          Last edited by GRussinko; 02-03-2013, 08:06 AM.
          APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
            Rumor has it AspyDad will be in front of ECAC offices on Monday morning demanding a debate with Stewart, and to lobby for Coach Appert to be named "Our Great Coach" Seth Appert in all league wide press releases from now until the end of time.
            Unfortunately, Mr. Stewart will dismiss me and the good fans that pay the $$$$ that pay his salary. So nice to see you this weekend my friend.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

No, it was Mr. Tinordi. He won the bid at golf tourney to be on bench for a game. Nice that Tuna hit the score sheet while he was there. Great night.
              Ahh ok. Figured it was a auction winning or something.

Comment

Unfortunately, Mr. Stewart will dismiss me and the good fans that pay the $$$$ that pay his salary. So nice to see you this weekend my friend.
                "Tryouts are in August" will now be the battle cry.

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                  They were full (complete with Dr. J in attendance), and the crowd was announced at 4820 which is 20 over what I thought the new reported capacity is (4800).

The band probably numbered about 100 plus family and friends sitting nearby.
                  They had an interview with Dr J on RPI TV between the first 2 periods. I did not know she was much of a hockey enthusiast. Does anyone know if she attends other home games besides the BRF? Would love to see us draw 4000+ for more home games-that kind of atmosphere has got to help the players and might even influence a few officials with an occassional call. It seems to work in other rinks where I have seen the crowd reaction influence a penalty call every so often.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

A bit funny that a former NHL player would win that.
                    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 02-03-2013, 09:37 AM.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They had an interview with Dr J on RPI TV between the first 2 periods. I did not know she was much of a hockey enthusiast. Does anyone know if she attends other home games besides the BRF? Would love to see us draw 4000+ for more home games-that kind of atmosphere has got to help the players and might even influence a few officials with an occassional call. It seems to work in other rinks where I have seen the crowd reaction influence a penalty call every so often.
                      I have only seen Dr.J at the Freakout and Black Friday. I don't go to many games each year, and from talking to students when my own kids were attending RPI, she is only doing what she thinks she needs to do as president, and is not a big hockey fan. But it is good to see her participate.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        I bit funny that a former NHL player would win that.
                        If it depended on some sort of golfing talent i would never be surprised. Most hockey players are golf addicts-and usually quite good at it. I cannot recall for certain-but years ago wasn't there a time in the NHL where Mr Tinordi pummeled our own Joey Juneau in a fight? Of course not while teammates in Washington. I might have this one mistaken but i think JJ suffered a major facial injury. Not the Chris Lipuma fight-i know that one resulted in a broken jaw for Joey.
                        Last edited by DrDemento; 02-03-2013, 09:39 AM.
                        Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                          I bit funny that a former NHL player would win that.
                          IIRC he paid about 1300 to be back there if not more. I cannot remember who exactly the other guy was but know he was an Alum from the 85 team I believe who also paid the same amount. They can pick any home game they wish. I was out of the bidding at 400 since my would have killed me even if I won it at that price.

They also auction off a weekend of your choice to travel with the team on an away trip. You travel with them on the bus, I believe eat with them, stay at same hotel and go to the games. Forget who won this and home much they paid but recall somewhere around 800

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            The Jets need a QB not a goaltender Although I thought Tebow should have played. I don't believe Winnipeg will pull Kazzie out of here because he is clearly make progress with our great coach. If he wasn't playing and/or getting lit up, that would be clearly a different story. Haggs will be fine, he is a warrior. Enjoyed the beers with you and the Mrs. at rec room.
                            We did as well my friend thank you for gracing us with your companionship and wealth of hockey knowledge.

Comment

If it depended on some sort of golfing talent i would never be surprised. Most hockey players are golf addicts-and usually quite good at it. I cannot recall for certain-but years ago wasn't there a time in the NHL where Mr Tinordi pummeled our own Joey Juneau in a fight? Of course not while teammates in Washington. I might have this one mistaken but i think JJ suffered a major facial injury. Not the Chris Lipuma fight-i know that one resulted in a broken jaw for Joey.
                              Not a fight. It was a check to the head - I can't recall if it was a shoulder or an elbow. Broke JJ's jaw and probably was one of the reasons he ended up getting traded out of Boston. Harry Sinden seemed to think everyone needed to play like Cam Neely. So he traded Joey for a chain smoking defenseman with a hard shot who was tough (and out of the league a year later).

Comment

If someone would scan a copy of the tentative 2013-2014 schedule, it would be much appreciated. I walked right past the pile of them, and for some reason assumed it was this year's schedule (which I thought was rather odd to be handing out so late in the year).
                                Proud founder of the First Church of RPI Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X