Thursday-Sunday -- What's Up With That? Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday-Sunday -- What's Up With That? Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

The timing - not to mention Fort Wayne on a Sunday - is a little out there, but it doesn't change how much fun it will be. Let's talk!
    "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
    - Mark Twain

Re: Thursday-Sunday -- What's Up With That? Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

Holy hell... I thought minnesota had it bad with saturday sunday and friday sundays all year...

Gross...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Now look here - let's not complain about the scheduling.
      That's someone else's job

Comment

If you couldn't figure it out, both teams have home FB games Saturday, thus the Sunday game. It's in Ft. Wayne because ND is hosting the NCAA in March (God, I hope they make it that far...), and they want to stir up interest. The Thursday game, I assume, is to accommodate respective pep rallies for FB. Actually, ND's is to accommodate the burning in effigy of Chas. Weis.
        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
          If you couldn't figure it out, both teams have home FB games Saturday, thus the Sunday game. It's in Ft. Wayne because ND is hosting the NCAA in March (God, I hope they make it that far...), and they want to stir up interest. The Thursday game, I assume, is to accommodate respective pep rallies for FB. Actually, ND's is to accommodate the burning in effigy of Chas. Weis.
          Aren't you concerned about the amount of smoke that will produce? Sounds like you have a busy 4 days ahead.

Comment

I hear grease fires can easily get out of hand.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Actually the Thursday hockey game is to accomodate Friday basketball vs. Toledo. They have done basketball/hockey on the same day, but in this instance the times directly conflict so basketball gets the priority.
              MICHIGAN STATE
              1966:1986:2007

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                Actually the Thursday hockey game is to accomodate Friday basketball vs. Toledo. They have done basketball/hockey on the same day, but in this instance the times directly conflict so basketball gets the priority.
                And you wouldn't want to preempt any matchup with Toledo. It's only Notre Dame after all, not Ohio State. :^)
                Last edited by owslachief; 11-16-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I heard Clausen's in net for the Domers.

Comment

Originally posted by JHG722 View Post
                    I heard Clausen's in net for the Domers.
                    Hey maybe that will help sell a few extra tickets!

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      Hey maybe that will help sell a few extra tickets!
                      Not as many as Charlie Weis in net for the other team would

Comment

Now that would provide for a statistical anomaly in every sense of the word

Comment

Originally posted by STATEdude3 View Post
                          This is what confuses me. Our basketball team can play any day of the year and people will pack the bres. till nobody can fit in the door nowadays but the hockey turnout will be negatively affected by this. I still think it will be a great draw because it is ND but it wouldn't surprise me to to not see a sellout.

Comment

That would probably help our GA though. He has no 5-hole.

If Clausen were in net for us, I bet the ND players would try to shoot on him!

"Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                              That would probably help our GA though. He has no 5-hole.

If Clausen were in net for us, I bet the ND players would try to shoot on him!

From what I'm hearing he is a 5-hole.

I'm thinking the Spartan run will take a hiatus this "weekend". From what I saw in B.U. Notre Dame's better than their 5-5 shows, and MSU's just 5 days removed from an emotional weekend.

MSU may buy an NCAA tie / CCHA shootout (or 2).

It's just a major gauntlet we've got to run through November and we either stumble this time around or in the CHSC.

Comment

Working...
                              X