Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thursday-Sunday -- What's Up With That? Michigan State vs. Notre Dame

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    We're all missin' the blimp. Do you run the controls?
    I did a few years ago. But alas, I graduated and had to hand over the reins to another. From what I've heard, the Shaheen Blimp has numerous holes and is on its last leg.

Comment

Would I be correct in assuming there's going to be some walk-up seats available for the Sunday game?

Flag Man and I are trying to put together a bit of a travelling convoy for the game in Fort Wayne, and we'd like to gauge the possibility of picking up four to five connecting seats in the 600-level before puck-drop.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
        Would I be correct in assuming there's going to be some walk-up seats available for the Sunday game?

Flag Man and I are trying to put together a bit of a travelling convoy for the game in Fort Wayne, and we'd like to gauge the possibility of picking up four to five connecting seats in the 600-level before puck-drop.
        I think tickets will be easy to come by day of the game. Five thousand in attendance would shock me and the place has about 11,000 seats for hockey.

Comment

Is it too early to start the Palmisano for Hoby talk yet? I am absolutely amazed...I just had a chance to see yesterdays game, and I am positive it would have been a 4 or 5 to 1 game with anyone else in net. He had no D in front of him Thursday. The perfect breakout we saw last weekend was completely disabled by Notre Dame.
          MICHIGAN STATE
          1966:1986:2007

Comment

well mayb not yet. i think by far this was palmys first truly bad game. he didnt see the puck that well. but abs. all credit to nd. they schooled us on the art of defense. we r not at their level.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
              well mayb not yet. i think by far this was palmys first truly bad game. he didnt see the puck that well. but abs. all credit to nd. they schooled us on the art of defense. we r not at their level.
              I don't know about that.

Palmisano was screened to death on the first and third goals, and the second goal was set up from a superball-esque bounce off the endboards. There was little he could have done on all accounts.

Generally speaking, I liked our play tonight. I think we controlled the game as a whole, but ND did a good job restricting us to shots from the sides and points.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                I don't know about that.

Palmisano was screened to death on the first and third goals, and the second goal was set up from a superball-esque bounce off the endboards. There was little he could have done on all accounts.

Generally speaking, I liked our play tonight. I think we controlled the game as a whole, but ND did a good job restricting us to shots from the sides and points.
                He was beat on the glove side on the first goal with a clear sight line. He simply got caught leaning to his right. I believe MSU badly wanted to score first. When Notre Dame scored early, that took something out of them. He looked nervous, his team felt under pressure to try to squeeze something out of ND's suffocating defense between the circles and they hurries some shots. There may have been 2 or 3 difficult saves their guy had to make.
                "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                X