X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starlessixisky
    replied
    Re: Yale vs. Umass 11/19/09

Definitely a great game! I have to say that both teams played really well. Both skated FAST! I couldn't believe the speed of the game. And the puck handling by UMass was amazing. Not only could they find the puck well, they were able to control it once they found it. Yale never gave up, even into the third period they were skating hard. Great effort all around.
    I'm glad I went to see the game. It was a good night.

Leave a comment:

• Stories
    replied

UMass, you guys have a solid team. It was a entertaining, well played game by both teams.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

I purchased this game from Yale all-access, and it was well worth it. Maricic played well for Yale, and certainly kept his team in the game, especially in the 2nd period making some huge stops. It was that kind of game where I thought Yale would probably win as UMass had several chances denied such as huge saves, and hit posts. I was very surprised to see Meyers in net tonight, but he played fairly well and got the win. Michael Marcou's play impressed me tonight the most as he scored the first goal on a nice feed from Watson, and also assisted on another. He also played solid defense, and looked physical at times, which is good.

Leave a comment:

• allnightwong
    replied

Great game from a somewhat objective viewer. These have to be two of the fastest teams in the nation and the pace of the game never slowed. Fun to watch. Fair crowd for a top 10 matchup but everyone in the building was into the game and for as much as the place exploded when Yale scored it became deflated when the Minutemen ended it with a minute to go in OT. Great game.

Leave a comment:

• jjmc85
    replied

Sounded like Maricic was awesome tonight.

Leave a comment:

• alan
    replied

What a huge win for UMass tonight, 4-3 in OT.

Leave a comment:

• redrocker
    replied

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    I would assume Rondeau would get the start since he has played the most games, and being a junior he has some time in past years. I doubt you would see Blase because UMass is #11 right now and playing fairly well, and playing a tough non-conference opponent for your first action of the year might be a bad idea. Dainton will most likely be in net for the Minutemen.
    Well, Yale started a freshman who had yet to play a game, Maricic, against the #3 team in the nation (Cornell) that also happened to be a conference game in a situation where Yale really needed a win after a poor performance the previous week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blase.

Leave a comment:

• thecomicbookguy
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Yale rolls.
    They should probably try skating, instead.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
    Our current goalies have been shaky:
    Ryan Rondeau (junior): came into the year as the starter, looked shaky against RPI, decent against Union, and strong against Princeton

Nick Maricic (frosh): made first start against Cornell and looked decent, followed it up with a shaky start against Colgate

Billy Blase (senior): hasn't seen any action, starting goalie during his sophomore year

IMO, either Blase or Rondeau will get the start after Maricic looked weak in the last game.
    I would assume Rondeau would get the start since he has played the most games, and being a junior he has some time in past years. I doubt you would see Blase because UMass is #11 right now and playing fairly well, and playing a tough non-conference opponent for your first action of the year might be a bad idea. Dainton will most likely be in net for the Minutemen.

Leave a comment:

• justinD
    replied

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Yale rolls.
    Thanks for the always requested, hard hitting analysis.

Leave a comment:

• yalebulldogfan
    replied

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
    UMass has been probably the most inconsistent team in college hockey over the last few seasons. They have had games where they would beat a top ranked team like BU or BC, only to lose to Merrimack the following game. There is uncertainties on both sides. Like I said before, Alec Richards is gone, so I think that could work to UMass' favor, but they can't let players like Arcobello and Backman stick around, or else they will be in trouble. How have the replacement goalies looked so far?
    Our current goalies have been shaky:
    Ryan Rondeau (junior): came into the year as the starter, looked shaky against RPI, decent against Union, and strong against Princeton

Nick Maricic (frosh): made first start against Cornell and looked decent, followed it up with a shaky start against Colgate

Billy Blase (senior): hasn't seen any action, starting goalie during his sophomore year

IMO, either Blase or Rondeau will get the start after Maricic looked weak in the last game.

Leave a comment:

• umassfan49
    replied

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
    I am not sure what to expect of this Yale team against a quality opponent from a stronger conference. Last year they lost to UNO 8-3 in a game that Yale actually had more shots and then they were dominated by UVM in the NCAA's.
    UMass has been probably the most inconsistent team in college hockey over the last few seasons. They have had games where they would beat a top ranked team like BU or BC, only to lose to Merrimack the following game. There is uncertainties on both sides. Like I said before, Alec Richards is gone, so I think that could work to UMass' favor, but they can't let players like Arcobello and Backman stick around, or else they will be in trouble. How have the replacement goalies looked so far?

Leave a comment:

• yalebulldogfan
    replied

I am not sure what to expect of this Yale team against a quality opponent from a stronger conference. Last year they lost to UNO 8-3 in a game that Yale actually had more shots and then they were dominated by UVM in the NCAA's.

Leave a comment:

• Patronick
    replied

Yale rolls.

Leave a comment:

• hockeyguy
    replied

I think that this is going to be a great game. Umass has James Marcou and Ortiz and Yale has Backman and arcabello. The goalies are going to put on a good show. I hope they sell this game out!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X