X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale vs. Umass 11/19/09

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Yale rolls.
    They should probably try skating, instead.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must first set yourself on fire.
    -Fred Shero

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
      I would assume Rondeau would get the start since he has played the most games, and being a junior he has some time in past years. I doubt you would see Blase because UMass is #11 right now and playing fairly well, and playing a tough non-conference opponent for your first action of the year might be a bad idea. Dainton will most likely be in net for the Minutemen.
      Well, Yale started a freshman who had yet to play a game, Maricic, against the #3 team in the nation (Cornell) that also happened to be a conference game in a situation where Yale really needed a win after a poor performance the previous week. I wouldn't be surprised to see Blase.

Comment

What a huge win for UMass tonight, 4-3 in OT.
        Sons of old Massachusetts,
        Devoted daughters true,
        Bay State, old Bay State,
        We'll give our best to you.

Comment

Sounded like Maricic was awesome tonight.
          #NewMass

Comment

Great game from a somewhat objective viewer. These have to be two of the fastest teams in the nation and the pace of the game never slowed. Fun to watch. Fair crowd for a top 10 matchup but everyone in the building was into the game and for as much as the place exploded when Yale scored it became deflated when the Minutemen ended it with a minute to go in OT. Great game.

Comment

I purchased this game from Yale all-access, and it was well worth it. Maricic played well for Yale, and certainly kept his team in the game, especially in the 2nd period making some huge stops. It was that kind of game where I thought Yale would probably win as UMass had several chances denied such as huge saves, and hit posts. I was very surprised to see Meyers in net tonight, but he played fairly well and got the win. Michael Marcou's play impressed me tonight the most as he scored the first goal on a nice feed from Watson, and also assisted on another. He also played solid defense, and looked physical at times, which is good.
              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

UMass, you guys have a solid team. It was a entertaining, well played game by both teams.
                Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                Boston University '06/'08
                Yale University '13

Comment

Definitely a great game! I have to say that both teams played really well. Both skated FAST! I couldn't believe the speed of the game. And the puck handling by UMass was amazing. Not only could they find the puck well, they were able to control it once they found it. Yale never gave up, even into the third period they were skating hard. Great effort all around.
                  I'm glad I went to see the game. It was a good night.
                  Let's go Q!

Win or Lose, I'm still a Bobcat

Comment

Working...
                  X