Yale vs. Umass 11/19/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yale vs. Umass 11/19/09

This is going to be a great game. Hopefully there will be a hugh crowd for a Thursday night.
    Last edited by hockeyguy; 11-16-2009, 08:13 AM.

Re: Yale vs. Umass 11/19/09

Yale fans: how likely is this game to sell out? I didn't get my ticket from the Mullins box office, so would have to buy it when I get to the Whale...
    Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
    University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

If you want to be safe you can order your tix, here's the office contact info:

Phone #: 203.432.1400
      Fax #: 203.432.7772
      E-mail: athletic.tickets@yale.edu

But, I'd be surprised if it sold out.

Comment

I wouldn't call the ticket office this week. The 126th edition of "The Game" is taking place this Saturday in New Haven and the phones lines are pretty busy. There are plenty of tickets for the UMass game. You can save yourself $5 by getting tickets at the door Thursday night.

Comment

Yeah I do not see a Thursday night game selling out. You should not have a problem getting tickets at the door.
          Yale Hockey

Comment

Standing room is the best view and best bet at the Whale IMHO.

Comment

Allright, thanks Yale folk! I'll take my chances with getting tickets at the door.

Hope you guys beat Harvard on Saturday!
              Dartmouth College: NCAAs 1948 1949 1960 1979 1980
              University of Massachusetts: NCAAs 2007, ECAC Div. II Champs 1972

"When in doubt, use brute force." -- Ken Thompson

Comment

This game makes me nervous because there are a lot of uncertains in my mind. For one, how will UMass play against a strong non-conference opponent, especially on the road. Yale's goaltending situation is also in question for me as I don't know how good this team will be without Alec Richards, but with Backman and others they are obviously still dangerous. Should be a great game.
                Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

I think that this is going to be a great game. Umass has James Marcou and Ortiz and Yale has Backman and arcabello. The goalies are going to put on a good show. I hope they sell this game out!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yale rolls.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

I am not sure what to expect of this Yale team against a quality opponent from a stronger conference. Last year they lost to UNO 8-3 in a game that Yale actually had more shots and then they were dominated by UVM in the NCAA's.
                      Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                        I am not sure what to expect of this Yale team against a quality opponent from a stronger conference. Last year they lost to UNO 8-3 in a game that Yale actually had more shots and then they were dominated by UVM in the NCAA's.
                        UMass has been probably the most inconsistent team in college hockey over the last few seasons. They have had games where they would beat a top ranked team like BU or BC, only to lose to Merrimack the following game. There is uncertainties on both sides. Like I said before, Alec Richards is gone, so I think that could work to UMass' favor, but they can't let players like Arcobello and Backman stick around, or else they will be in trouble. How have the replacement goalies looked so far?
                        Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Originally posted by umassfan49 View Post
                          UMass has been probably the most inconsistent team in college hockey over the last few seasons. They have had games where they would beat a top ranked team like BU or BC, only to lose to Merrimack the following game. There is uncertainties on both sides. Like I said before, Alec Richards is gone, so I think that could work to UMass' favor, but they can't let players like Arcobello and Backman stick around, or else they will be in trouble. How have the replacement goalies looked so far?
                          Our current goalies have been shaky:
                          Ryan Rondeau (junior): came into the year as the starter, looked shaky against RPI, decent against Union, and strong against Princeton

Nick Maricic (frosh): made first start against Cornell and looked decent, followed it up with a shaky start against Colgate

Billy Blase (senior): hasn't seen any action, starting goalie during his sophomore year

IMO, either Blase or Rondeau will get the start after Maricic looked weak in the last game.
                          Yale Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                            Yale rolls.
                            Thanks for the always requested, hard hitting analysis.
                            It's easy to root for a winner...

Comment

Originally posted by yalebulldogfan View Post
                              Our current goalies have been shaky:
                              Ryan Rondeau (junior): came into the year as the starter, looked shaky against RPI, decent against Union, and strong against Princeton

Nick Maricic (frosh): made first start against Cornell and looked decent, followed it up with a shaky start against Colgate

Billy Blase (senior): hasn't seen any action, starting goalie during his sophomore year

IMO, either Blase or Rondeau will get the start after Maricic looked weak in the last game.
                              I would assume Rondeau would get the start since he has played the most games, and being a junior he has some time in past years. I doubt you would see Blase because UMass is #11 right now and playing fairly well, and playing a tough non-conference opponent for your first action of the year might be a bad idea. Dainton will most likely be in net for the Minutemen.
                              Let the Rebuilding Begin

Comment

Working...
                              X