Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biddco
    replied
    Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    I disagree. Kangas played very well this Saturday. His only bad game came Friday against Wisconsin. As for last night, he let in 1 bad goal, really. BSU's second goal wasn't a great shot. I don't want to say too much about that second goal, other than that while it was a pretty weak shot, it is difficult for a goaltender to come out and play the shooter when he has an opposing player's *** right in his face about a foot off the goal line.

This weekend? Should be pretty intense. I think a split makes sense, would be very happy with a sweep, and am pretty nervous about getting swept. As long as the Gophers show up ready to play both nights, I highly doubt they get swept (which I'm sure UMD is saying as well). But there hasn't been much shown this season to make me *expect* that the Gophers will show up both nights.
    If Kangas was playing well why was he pulled?

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
    As for this weekend, the winning team needs their starting goalie to show up. tUMD has been rotating between Hjelle and Reiter, and likely will continue this weekend. Both have been average so far. As for UMTC, Kangas and Patterson looked god awful on Saturday night with average play most of the season, the exception being Kangas' play against Bucky.
    I disagree. Kangas played very well this Saturday. His only bad game came Friday against Wisconsin. As for last night, he let in 1 bad goal, really. BSU's second goal wasn't a great shot. I don't want to say too much about that second goal, other than that while it was a pretty weak shot, it is difficult for a goaltender to come out and play the shooter when he has an opposing player's *** right in his face about a foot off the goal line.

This weekend? Should be pretty intense. I think a split makes sense, would be very happy with a sweep, and am pretty nervous about getting swept. As long as the Gophers show up ready to play both nights, I highly doubt they get swept (which I'm sure UMD is saying as well). But there hasn't been much shown this season to make me *expect* that the Gophers will show up both nights.

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

I'm not so mad about splitting with Tech since the Dogs dominated the Friday night game and put 48 shots on net while Tech blocked another 47. We all know that in hockey its possible to lose a game you dominate if the other team is defensively strong, which Tech is well known for.

As for this weekend, the winning team needs their starting goalie to show up. tUMD has been rotating between Hjelle and Reiter, and likely will continue this weekend. Both have been average so far. As for UMTC, Kangas and Patterson looked god awful on Saturday night with average play most of the season, the exception being Kangas' play against Bucky. The way I see it, UMD has a better offense, but neither team's defense or goaltending is worth writing home about. Whichever team brings it in their own zone will win.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    And Minnesota too. You probably don't realize this but the Red River borders on Minnesota.
    It's probably more like a 1/5 of Minnesota that would be flooded

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    But if you put a little 4' high dam on it, you could flood half the dam state.
    And Minnesota too. You probably don't realize this but the Red River borders on Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
    It's a river, not a dam.
    But if you put a little 4' high dam on it, you could flood half the dam state.

Leave a comment:

• burbstyle
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    BSU is #7 in the country. What's tUMD?

Just saying.
    18 per INCH. What's UMTC?

Just saying.

I'm thinking split since both teams are liable to give up a fair amount of goals on any given night. I think it depends on which Dogs team shows up to play on the big ice.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    And flows the wrong dam way!
    It's a river, not a dam.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by tBulldogSnipers View Post
    Says a Sue fan....The only thing Grand Forks is by, is a river that floods WAY too often and easily!
    And flows the wrong dam way!

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

**** yeah! We've got Jockstock action!

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Wow, so you can toss a message in a bottle and it can reach the ocean.
    Sting did it.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by beersong View Post
    Correct. Brent = fail.
    Wow, so you can toss a message in a bottle and it can reach the ocean. I guess that's communicating with the outside world.

Leave a comment:

• beersong
    replied

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    Lack of connection to the outside world? Duluth is the worlds most inland port navigable by ocean going vessels. You don't get more connected than that.
    Correct. Brent = fail.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    At least we're not right next door to Wisconsin though.
    But we always look down on them!

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

Originally posted by tBulldogSnipers View Post
    Says a Sue fan....The only thing Grand Forks is by, is a river that floods WAY too often and easily!
    At least we're not right next door to Wisconsin though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X