Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tBulldogSnipers
    replied
    Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

that prediction was hard for me to deliver, but that is what my heart is telling me is going to happen. Hoping rather for 3 maybe even 4 points! 2 on the road is acceptable though!

Leave a comment:

• tBulldogSnipers
    replied

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Bulldogs better not take the goofers lightly. Remember the unranked gophers just split with the nationally ranked Beavers. They're obviously a dangerous team to play. Is Lou Chia still the coach?
    I have no worries about tUMD players taking the Rodents lightly..I do, however think that the Goofers might overlook the Dogs because we lost to Tech. tUMD players are always fired up for this series, and that 8-1 thrashing last Saturday will provide some much needed confidence, as they travel down I-35 to invade Mariucci. Look for the dogs to be fired up and use their offensive explosiveness to over power the U's lackluster "D" on friday. Saturday, I am worried about the fatigue factor that goes with playing on the big sheet, but anything can happen.

My predictions...

Friday:

tUMD: 5
    UMTC: 3

Saturday:

tUMD: 3
    UMTC: 4 (in OT)

Leave a comment:

• Skeeterman
    replied

Bulldogs better not take the goofers lightly. Remember the unranked gophers just split with the nationally ranked Beavers. They're obviously a dangerous team to play. Is Lou Chia still the coach?

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    Wow....I'm getting ripped here tonight. You are partially right. I didn't put forth a strong prediction. Which was exactly the point of my post. I think a split is what would make the most sense, but am really hoping for a sweep while at the same time nervous of being swept....translation: anything is possible this weekend.
    At least I said SOMETHING about the upcoming games rather than just misunderstanding what someone else said and using a tired old line from a decade-old movie.
    Your post had no point, you said
    I think a split makes sense, would be very happy with a sweep, and am pretty nervous about getting swept.
    You would have been better off just typing "I hope each team has fun". As for me, I did say something about the upcoming games in my first post, I said that UMD has a better offense and each team is roughly even in D and Goaltending, with both aspects being keys to a victory for either team. Tired old lines from a decades-old movie means they're classic.

Leave a comment:

• UMDSimmerdown
    replied

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
    There's a SLIGHT difference in quality of opponent. Only one of the teams the 'Dogs have played has a winning record--CC. Four of the five teams the Goofs are ranked in the top 20, including three in the top 8.
    While you're correct that UMD has played weaker opponents, you really should stick to one category of comparison when trying to show this. Switching from winning percentage to rankings is like saying my team is is better than yours because you have a penalty kill of 53% and our goalie has a .931 GAA.

Examples: #14 Notre Dame is ranked and they have a .500 record, #16 Michigan is .400, #17 Vermont is .500. For awhile Yale was in the top 10 without having played a game. Hell, even Minnesota was ranked for a couple of weeks!

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
    1) UMTC isn't very good this year, and 2) Kangas has been playing pretty average.

1) TBD
    2) If you had any credibility you lost it there

Leave a comment:

• Jockstock
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Bemidji is a better team, and since they themselves were in the F4, they are more clued in to that, location be dammed. tUMD is on an island of ignorance, due to their lack of connection to the outside world.
    Congratulations! You've proven you're about as dense as an elephant's foreskin.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Bemidji only put up 4 shots in the period. 2 went in.
    F yeah. I like those odds. 50 goals this weekend, *****es!!!

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by Plante26 View Post
    FYP. He doesn't listen well. This is what got him booted off the tPenalty Box board.
    Who says that I'm not here for the abuse?? Its All Part Of The Plan.

*****http://www.overthinkingit.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/heath-ledger-joker1.jpg******

And the last I looked in on www.umdpenaltybo***** , there's still a thread about UMD football that was started there just in my honor.

Besides, you Bulldog fans should take pride in the football team in Duluth. I'm pretty sure they would have taken care of the Jackrabbits a lot quicker than some other Upper Midwest football programs could.
    Last edited by bigmrg74; 11-16-2009, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    While that doesn't sound like an appetizing shot (and isn't...I've taken similar) it shouldn't make anyone who fancies him/herself a drinker puke. Brent, I think he's another Techie that we need to teach drink this year...

Correct. Brent's arrogance runs deep...he is nowhere near his usual form at this point...

NO ONE CARES ABOUT D2 FOOTBALL!!!!!
    If we had to teach the UP how to drink, we'd be 90 by the time we're done.

And it's only Monday. I'm just grooming that horse.

Leave a comment:

• Plante26
    replied

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
    FYP. He doesn't listen well. This is what got him booted off the tPenalty Box board.

Leave a comment:

• MinnesotaNorthStar
    replied

Originally posted by crazypotatoes View Post
    I really wish I would have stopped and unloaded on your table instead of continuing to the bathroom. It would have been worth it. Definitely never doing a shot like that again though.
    While that doesn't sound like an appetizing shot (and isn't...I've taken similar) it shouldn't make anyone who fancies him/herself a drinker puke. Brent, I think he's another Techie that we need to teach drink this year...

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    You haven't seen Brent on his high horse. This isn't one of those times. When he is... you'll recognize it.
    Correct. Brent's arrogance runs deep...he is nowhere near his usual form at this point...

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
    WOW!!! You wouldn't be one of the UMD posters over on D2F that's talking about how the Bulldogs are going to *prison violate* the Antelopes this weekend as well?? I expect UMD to win that game, setting up another rematch, but not quite that big of a win.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by UMDSimmerdown View Post
    You essentially just waffled back and forth, emitting nothing close to a succinct analysis/preview/prediction. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    Wow....I'm getting ripped here tonight. You are partially right. I didn't put forth a strong prediction. Which was exactly the point of my post. I think a split is what would make the most sense, but am really hoping for a sweep while at the same time nervous of being swept....translation: anything is possible this weekend.
    At least I said SOMETHING about the upcoming games rather than just misunderstanding what someone else said and using a tired old line from a decade-old movie.

Leave a comment:

• Plante26
    replied

Originally posted by dogs2012 View Post
    Brenthoven get off your high horse.
    You will know when Brent is on his high horse. He'll be heavily drinking whiskey while wielding a flaming sword and will make the noobs in this thread rue the day they dropped from their mother's vag, let alone the day they signed up to post in this forum.

Anyone that thinks that the Goofs are having a "down year" and that tUMD will easily sweep has been sharing heroin needles and good times with people of questionable character in the basement of the Duluth Family Sauna. Exhibit A of why the Gophers are 4-5-1:

1st series: NoDak
    2nd series: Denver
    3rd series: Wisconsin
    4th series: UAA
    5th series: Bemidji St.

Exhibit 1a of why tUMD is 7-4-1:

1st series: LSSU, N. Mich
    2nd series: Mankato
    3rd series: St. Cloud
    4th series: Clarkson
    5th series: CC
    6th series: Tech

There's a SLIGHT difference in quality of opponent. Only one of the teams the 'Dogs have played has a winning record--CC. Four of the five teams the Goofs are ranked in the top 20, including three in the top 8.

tUMD is going to get a reality check this weekend, and if they don't bring their absolute A game, it will be a laugher of a weekend and a UMTC sweep. If tUMD goes to the box 4-5 more times than the Gophs each game, it will be game over. If tUMD doesn't stay at home in the defensive zone and protect Reiter/Hjelle by blocking shots and keeping shooting lanes from the point clear, it will be a blowout.

tUMD will win this weekend if they do what they have done in the past to beat Minnesota: flawless defense, phenomenal goaltending and capitalization on the handful of great scoring chances that they'll get. I predict a split.

Originally posted by tBulldogSnipers View Post
    BEST POST IN THE HISTORY OF THIS WEBSITE!!!
    You've been on this site for two minutes. Don't make yourself look like a rookie biatch. You might browse around a while before making such sweeping judgements.......though it was mildly amusing.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Wow, so you can toss a message in a bottle and it can reach the ocean. I guess that's communicating with the outside world.
    I managed to get a hold of your sister. Tell her I say hi.

Leave a comment:

• Stauber1
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    If Kangas was playing well why was he pulled?
    Bemidji only put up 4 shots in the period. 2 went in. Like I said, the first one was pretty weak. The second one wasn't that great either, but I cut him a break for the reason stated. I think everyone was kind of expecting Patterson to start Sunday, and I'm guessing the coaching staff debated that pretty strongly leading in to the game. So after that period, they decided to give him a shot. I'm not saying Kangas played well that first period, but he didn't really have much of a chance to play well either. After he came back in to the game in the third, he had more than a couple very nice saves. So you can rip him for being "average", but coming in to the weekend he had a saves percentage above .93 which is much better than average in my opinion.

Edit: After reading the GPL forums, it appears that a number of fans felt the goaltending situation was mismanaged on Sunday, which just solidifies my view that Kangas wasn't playing all that poorly.
    Last edited by Stauber1; 11-16-2009, 11:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X