Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HarleyMC
    replied
    Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    The Gophers finally played better and surely out played UMD but that is the facts of life. I am just praying this type of effort continues.
    What game were you watching? They couldn't buy a faceoff, were outshot, gave up 3 unanswered goals to blow a lead. That my friend is not good hockey. Let's get real here, if they don't win tomorrow. this team will reap a whirlwind of criticism in Minnesota.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    On the plus side, they did contain him.

So, uh, the Gophers deserved it?

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH . That is a completely false statement. Actually, two completely false statements. Stop acting like Biddco!
    Yes, the Gophers did, minus Fisher.

A neutral fan says MN had the better of the play, except for the transition.

And I say you're full of it.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    The Gophers finally played better and surely out played UMD but that is the facts of life. I am just praying this type of effort continues.
    This is a joke, right?

Leave a comment:

• 4four4
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Plus, I'm not super confident about our D versus Fontaine.
    On the plus side, they did contain him.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    fUMD escapes with a win. 2 fluke goals (the first on a BS PP). Stalock leaves his horseshoe behind for this year's team to use. Even taking off my Gopher glasses, fUMD did not deserve the game tonight.
    So, uh, the Gophers deserved it?

Overall, MN outplayed fUMD. About the only time fUMD outplayed MN completely was the last 7-8 minutes of the 3rd (minus a very short stretch here and there).
    HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH . That is a completely false statement. Actually, two completely false statements. Stop acting like Biddco!

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Let's say they get the win. That basically puts the weekend at a split which is what everyone expects. Sad, that the Gophers expect splits at home but that's where the expectations are at. So, now you've gone 6 weeks into the season. You have a signature loss against Denver. A sweep at home to your opponent making people break out record books that go back to the 1920's, and you haven't had a single signature win. No sweep against a good opponent, no win on the road against UND. Nothing. So, where is the team at? Same, same. This is the tape from last year.
    This is worse than last year. Remember at this time last year at least they were unbeaten before the meltdown. Maybe the scheduled season meltdown is early this year compared to the past 3 years and they'll turn it around for the second half?

Leave a comment:

• Bakunin
    replied

To be clear, you're referring to the 2nd half of last season.

The Gophers' first half of last season was very good.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I totally disagree with the moral victory crap. The loss puts the Gophers deeper in the Gopher hole. The OT goal was blown coverage on a 5/3 with 12 seconds left? Come on, man that's about as lame as it gets, that's not a moral victory. This team has got to wake up fast. They don't have the guns like in years past and every game is crucial. This is another hard loss for the Gophers and tomorrow is a must win or another nail.
    Let's say they get the win. That basically puts the weekend at a split which is what everyone expects. Sad, that the Gophers expect splits at home but that's where the expectations are at. So, now you've gone 6 weeks into the season. You have a signature loss against Denver. A sweep at home to your opponent making people break out record books that go back to the 1920's, and you haven't had a single signature win. No sweep against a good opponent, no win on the road against UND. Nothing. So, where is the team at? Same, same. This is the tape from last year.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

I totally disagree with the moral victory crap. The loss puts the Gophers deeper in the Gopher hole. The OT goal was blown coverage on a 5/3 with 12 seconds left? Come on, man that's about as lame as it gets, that's not a moral victory. This team has got to wake up fast. They don't have the guns like in years past and every game is crucial. This is another hard loss for the Gophers and tomorrow is a must win or another nail.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
    And to be honest, had that game ended in a tie or the Gophers won, that would have been a gift from the Dogs.
    That's one of the funniest things I've read in the past week. Thank you for cheering me up!

Gift my arse. Reiter had his head on swivel all night, didn't know where the puck was half the time, and his D-men made 3 or 4 saves (literally) in the crease.

Overall, MN outplayed fUMD. About the only time fUMD outplayed MN completely was the last 7-8 minutes of the 3rd (minus a very short stretch here and there).

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
    Let's not get carried away here Brent. It's not like the Gophers were clearly the dominant team. FWIW, I thought both teams looked very average out there. The amount of bad turnovers tonight was staggering. And to be honest, had that game ended in a tie or the Gophers won, that would have been a gift from the Dogs.
    They were when they had the two goal lead. But instead of sticking their skates on the dogs throats they decided to choke on their own sticks.

Leave a comment:

• UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    replied

fUMD escapes with a win. 2 fluke goals (the first on a BS PP). Stalock leaves his horseshoe behind for this year's team to use. Even taking off my Gopher glasses, fUMD did not deserve the game tonight.

And some of the calls/non-calls were VERY questionable. Not blaming the loss on them whatsoever, but it was frustrating.

Congrats on the win, just realize you guys got lucky as hell tonight.
    Let's not get carried away here Brent. It's not like the Gophers were clearly the dominant team. FWIW, I thought both teams looked very average out there. The amount of bad turnovers tonight was staggering. And to be honest, had that game ended in a tie or the Gophers won, that would have been a gift from the Dogs.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

And some of the calls/non-calls were VERY questionable. Not blaming the loss on them whatsoever, but it was frustrating.

Don't worry. The Gophers got the moral victory.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Leave a comment:

• UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    replied

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Sure.

And on the radio during the coach interview we have the moral victory card played.

Seriously, this program is in serious trouble.
    I think a lot of programs would give their left nut to have the Gophers' problems right now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X