Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patronick
    replied
    Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Way to take part of my post, Jockstrap, I mean Harley.

Take away the what-ifs. We still outplayed 'em, still score more non-fluke goals, and should have won using those facts.
    You win when you put more pucks in the net than the other guys.

Fact. Science.

I don't usually hang around WCHA threads, but I got to watch this game last night. Do you usually whine and complain when your team looses, or is this a special occasion?

Try to lose with some dignity, crybaby.

Leave a comment:

• section16rowA
    replied

Not sure if you have to fire tDon, but alumni and fans have to let him expand his recruiting radius. He took the job and had the smarts to see how the all Minny thing had not worked for Woog. He brought in non Minnys such as Vanek GPotulny and I believe Briggs and won two titles. He continued to recruit non Minn and brought in Little Potulny, Kessel, Chucko etc. But then I think he was told to restore the purity and the end result is missing the NCAAs and moral victories.

If tUMD limited their recruiting radius they would have missed out on some of their better players...Fontaine, Sharp, Raymond, MConnolly. Sure they have had star Minny players...tStalock, JConnolly, Meyers, Niskanen, and now Bordson, but a mixture is crucial.

Like my financial advisor says, a diverse portfolio provides the best opportunity for maximum performance.

Leave a comment:

• startthebus
    replied

Fire Don Lucia..

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

Edit: vf: Harley posted something, Dirty quoted to respond, Harley deleted post, then a couple minutes later (if that) Jock posted the exact same thing word for word. Lengthy post too, and it was quick enough to not be a C&P job.
    And when did this take place? Again if I can get more information that will help. I have sent an email to the administrator to inquire about it. Believe what you want, it's really not that significant to me, but I am checking into it.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

And before you ask, I'd trade a win for the "dishonor" or whatever of being more lucky than good.
    You know, if you wear one of those fancy shmancy figure skating outfits with the sequins, sparklers, shear lycra, and ruffles, it just might change UMTC's luck for the good.

Then again, you in an outfit that hideous might just cause a Gopher or 3 to look up at you in the stands, be blinded by the light, and then be out 4 to 8 weeks because they then crashed into something while blinded by the light. EARWIG!

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
    A goal is a goal. Fancy, fluke, whatever. The object of this particular game is to score more goals, that is when the puck crosses a line into the opposing teams net. UMD scored more goals than its rival this eve and was the victor. Perhaps if you want to argue you can take it up with the NCAA rules comittee and make your "Legit" goals worth 3 points, and a "fluke" goal 1 point?

Or we can play and not keep score, at the end of the game a judging panel will rank each team on a scale of 1 to 10 based on athleticism, speed, strength, and artistic merit. The bottom and top score will be dropped, of course, and then the scores averaged. The higher of these scores will be declared the winner.
    A penchant for the dramatic, eh?

As was stated in the full context of my ranting and raving, you play out the game tonight 10 times, MN will win 8. Why? Because of fluke goals. It happens. I wish MN had the luck tUMD did tonight. I think I could legitimately add 2-3 wins this season (tonight included).

Are they goals in the final score? Yes. But do they paint a true picture of the game tonight? No. Hence, the "fluke" designation. As the saying goes: "Better lucky than good." I'm not saying tUMD is bad, because they are not. But tonight, they were indeed more lucky than good.

And before you ask, I'd trade a win for the "dishonor" or whatever of being more lucky than good.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied

Originally posted by InebriatedMike View Post
    A goal is a goal. Fancy, fluke, whatever. The object of this particular game is to score more goals, that is when the puck crosses a line into the opposing teams net. UMD scored more goals than its rival this eve and was the victor. Perhaps if you want to argue you can take it up with the NCAA rules comittee and make your "Legit" goals worth 3 points, and a "fluke" goal 1 point?

Or we can play and not keep score, at the end of the game a judging panel will rank each team on a scale of 1 to 10 based on athleticism, speed, strength, and artistic merit. The bottom and top score will be dropped, of course, and then the scores averaged. The higher of these scores will be declared the winner.
    That would work just fine and dandy until the Russians pay off the French Judges to vote with them.

Leave a comment:

• InebriatedMike
    replied

Legit non-fluke goals:

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    The other way around? Does that mean put the stick in?

Why am I awake? Stupid work tomorrow.
    Ha ha. I have a day that involves no required activity. It's beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

The other way around? Does that mean put the stick in?

Why am I awake? Stupid work tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Edit: vf: Harley posted something, Dirty quoted to respond, Harley deleted post, then a couple minutes later (if that) Jock posted the exact same thing word for word. Lengthy post too, and it was quick enough to not be a C&P job.
    Nice detective work boys.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
    I'm not "worked up" about anything. I simply want to clarify you're statement. "Take the stick out"? I think it's the other way around.
    Clearly your disillusioned. No sticks here. Just having fun, discussing hockey with a diehard tUMD fan. Amazing, I know.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyMC
    replied

If it's not true, why are you getting so worked up over it?

Take the stick out. It's more fun that way.
    I'm not "worked up" about anything. I simply want to clarify you're statement. "Take the stick out"? I think it's the other way around.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    Not sure who Hellje is. Hjelle will play. We have a goalie rotation, so it is not reactionary. Kangas had some rebound troubles, but I would be shocked to see Patterson tomorrow, as would the entire GPL community.

Please don't talk about Dirty exposing anything.

I expect tDogs to make adjustments but not the ones you suggest. It's also one thing to watch tape and tighten up your passing, but it's another thing to go out and execute it. Mariucci was a freaking sauna tonight, though. Maybe they just need to lower the temperature a bit to get ideal ice.
    Sorry for the mis-spell.

I know it's not reactionary, but well, we've seen weirder things concerning goalies in this camp.

Yep, it's definitely execution. I agree, for real. I was surprised at the aggressiveness of the Gophers tonight, I admit, because tUMD always has been pesky and gnat-like against MN. They swarm over ya, wait until you try and swat them, then BOOM they react and score. So, being overly aggressive usually isn't the best plan.

And yeah, the ice was a little odd tonight. Some of the bounces off the back boards were weird, too.

Leave a comment:

• brianvf
    replied

Jockstrap = Harley?
    Where is the exposing?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X