Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shot, SAVE Kangas!
    replied
    Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Can we find an excuse to play the "moral victory" card tonight.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing View Post
    I get a kick out of these idiots on FSN making a big deal that the Dogs went 6 for 12 against Tech last weekend but only 2 for 11 this weekend.

You mean the Gophers PK is better than Michigan Tech? What a shocking revelation!
    That's what it's come too. Minnesota has a better PK than Tech. Welcome to the NEW Pride On Ice.

Leave a comment:

• UMDBulldogHockeyIsKing
    replied

I get a kick out of these idiots on FSN making a big deal that the Dogs went 6 for 12 against Tech last weekend but only 2 for 11 this weekend.

You mean the Gophers PK is better than Michigan Tech? What a shocking revelation!

Leave a comment:

• Mo-Tay
    replied

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Let's face facts:
    1. gophers are just not that good.
    2. NHL draft picks are overrated.
    3. too many prima donnas.
    4. They don't get any of these top high school recruits to do a year of juniors, so they just can't play with the big boys.
    5. Lou Chia is past his glory years. The only teams he won with were guys that the previous coaches recruited. Maybe he was never a good coach.
    6. Bulldogs have more skill, more heart, as do most of the other WCHA teams.
    7. Their fans are mostly bandwagon types, not true hockey fans
    8. In line for a 7th place finish.
    Skeeter Skeeter Greezy Grimy Goldy Guts Eater, you may be right on all accounts! Except # 7....I drink the kool-aid every week.

I hate it when your mostly right.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Congrats on the win tonight, tUMD. You played tough and beat us square up.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
    I'll be happy to oblige, what do you look like?
    Look for a Ginger Kid with a straight-brimmed baseball hat, hanging out with two midgets.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by beersong View Post
    My how the mighty have fallen when their fans start counting up "fluke" vs "non-fluke" goals, then stating that their team "won" in the "non-fluke" goal category. Congratulations - I'm sure you were smiling as widely as tDon was on the post-game interview.

That being said, tDogs played poorly last night. I look for a better perfomance tonight.
    I wasn't smiling, and I DO NOT, ABSOLUTELY DO NOT prescribe to the fluke-non-fluke goal theory to describe wins, losses, and moral victories.

Leave a comment:

• goldy_331
    replied

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    I wonder how many gopher fans will flick me off tonight.
    I'll be happy to oblige, what do you look like?

Leave a comment:

• InebriatedMike
    replied

I hope the Bulldogs play better and we can get some more points!

Go Bulldogs!
    When we went out to Colorado Springs with Burb and Co some little old 50 year old woman gave us the finger as we did the "Beat the traffic" cheer

Leave a comment:

• SiouxTechie
    replied

I'm a big fan of whenever the Gophers lose, especially at home!. So thank you Bulldogs. Let's see another Gopher loss tonight!

Go Bulldogs (man I hate sayin that :P)

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Go Bulldogs!
    Give 'em the finger back. Unless it's done in fun, I have no use for that. Even if it's directed at you.

And Gord, no worries. I'll take my lumps of defeat like a man; I'm not jumping ship.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied

Go Bulldogs!

Leave a comment:

• gordwiser
    replied

Sorry, I didn't read back far enough to see you said the second goal was a fluke. My feeling is just that MN doesn't do enough to give themselves the chances for what some people would consider fluke goals. The more I watch these games, the less inclination I have to say a team won by luck. It just seems to even out for everyone in the end... didn't mean to patronize you on that point.

MN didn't play poorly, they played average... and I don't see how that D is going to sustain protection game in and game out. I expected them to battle for the 2nd-4th spots in the league, whereas now I think they battle for the 4th-7th spot. Schroeder can light it up, he also gets pushed off the puck quite easily in the corners. Budish will be a force, he's too inconsistant right now.

No doubt, that was one of the most consistant games the Gophers have played this year. I agree they did a lot of things better, and the PP looked tons better. Are they capable of consistantly playing at a higher level? I'm not so sure.

Leave a comment:

• The Rube
    replied

Originally posted by Runninwiththedogs View Post
    See, now, you might have a problem here. Because maybe they watched a bunch of tape of Fischer and that whole thing was planned!
    The sad thing is......that makes sense.

Leave a comment:

• Runninwiththedogs
    replied

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And I'm not looking for the bang-bang play. But I just dismiss Fisher specials (that was a textbook fluke goal, IMO).
    See, now, you might have a problem here. Because maybe they watched a bunch of tape of Fischer and that whole thing was planned!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X