Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: tUMD @ UMTC : The in-state rivalry revisited!

As a closet gopher fan, it's a great season thus far. I'm a fan of players leaving early. I'm a fan of seeing gopher fans jump off the bandwagon and want to fire Lou Chia. I'm a fan of the gophers getting all those NHL draftees and then seeing them under perform in college and do OK if they go pro. I'm a fan of seeing 17 year olds get bounced around like little pinballs. I'm a fan of seeing them miss the NCAAs when they host regional tournaments. I'm a fan of seeing teams like the Beavers take it to them. It's great being a closet gopher fan!
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      As a closet gopher fan, it's a great season thus far. I'm a fan of players leaving early. I'm a fan of seeing gopher fans jump off the bandwagon and want to fire Lou Chia. I'm a fan of the gophers getting all those NHL draftees and then seeing them under perform in college and do OK if they go pro. I'm a fan of seeing 17 year olds get bounced around like little pinballs. I'm a fan of seeing them miss the NCAAs when they host regional tournaments. I'm a fan of seeing teams like the Beavers take it to them. It's great being a closet gopher fan!
      And I'm a fan of the SCSU Husky fans getting all excited in the pre-season about how great their team will be only to see them fail during the real season. And I'm a fan of the Huskies actually making the tourney once in a while only to lose in the first round every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Page 2!?!?!?! W T F ???

I thought this was a rivalry!
        Not really. Our little sister to the north thinks it is. It's kinda cute. I haven't said much this week because I was too busy laughing at all the talkers from tUMD who think their team is soooooo much better than MN, even though they barely have a better record (and have faced much easier competition).

It's gameday, however, and it's time to scold our little Bullpuppies, swat them on the butt with a newspaper, and send them back up I-35.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

And I'm a fan of the Huskies actually making the tourney once in a while only to lose in the first round every single time.
          Like clockwork. In fact, I believe Lent officially starts the first Sunday after SCSU's NCAA loss.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
            Page 8?

All the Gopher fans are off the band wagon.
            No we're just comfortably numb.
            Originally posted by CavalryNate
            Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
              Page 8?

All the Gopher fans are off the band wagon.

I am excited to have that one person who gives me crap at Mariucci, every year it happens and its so much fun because of their stupidity.
              It is always surprizing at how fast the wheels can fall off the bandwagon when most of the supposed fans on said bandwagon got their Jersey's from Walmart.
              bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
                I'm a fan of seeing them miss the NCAAs when they host regional tournaments!
                I am sorry to hear your second favorite team not winning a NCAA game. It is awesome to see you spending less time cheering for SCSU and more time cheering on your beloved Golden Gophers. We know this because you spend more time in Minnesota threads and less time in SCSU threads.
                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

And I'm a fan of the SCSU Husky fans getting all excited in the pre-season about how great their team will be only to see them fail during the real season. And I'm a fan of the Huskies actually making the tourney once in a while only to lose in the first round every single time.
                  I'm a fan of them turning the hot goalie recruit into just another run of the mill goaltender.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Pretty original for a gopher fan.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

The fish are biting.
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                        The fish are biting.

Aw, he deleted it.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

Aw, he deleted it.
                          I was going to quote it I should have.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            I was going to quote it I should have.
                            Me too.

The guy's a "moran" anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              I'm a fan of them turning the hot goalie recruit into just another run of the mill goaltender.
                              Don't say that to FTLT, she will go into a long rant about how the team losing has nothing to do with the goaltender....
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                                Don't say that to FTLT, she will go into a long rant about how the team losing has nothing to do with the goaltender....
                                In all three shutouts suffered by the Gophs this year, I would make the same rant. Hard to win when you don't score.

Comment

Working...
                                X