Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

jcarter and Hokydad, a match made in heaven.

If UnhCat07 shows up, which one of you is Moe?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
      jcarter and Hokydad, a match made in heaven.

If UnhCat07 shows up, which one of you is Moe?
      None of them. Shemp, Joe, and Curly Joe.

Comment

moe is their leader!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
          know who else leaves the net a lot to play the puck? marty brodeur. .
          Wouldn't Ben Bishop be a better example
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

rick dipietro....when he's not injured or watching his direct deposit on a ridiculous contract
            "Great moments are born from great oppurtunities.” - Herb Brooks

"MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!! MATTEAU!!!"

Comment

The officials for the game are:

Referee:.......................................... .............. Kevin Keenan
              Referee:.......................................... ..............Chris Federico
              Linesman: .................................................. .... Chris Aughe
              Linesman:......................................... ......... Shane Belanger

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                The officials for the game are:

Referee:.......................................... .............. Kevin Keenan
                Referee:.......................................... ..............Chris Federico
                Linesman: .................................................. .... Chris Aughe
                Linesman:......................................... ......... Shane Belanger
                Well, with Aughe, add 20 mins to game time with faceoffs.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  What kind of sad, warped existence do you lead where you continually waste your time typing out these idiotic posts? Why do you keep coming back to a message board whose users genuinely wouldn't care if you lost both of your hands in a silo explosion and could never type again?
                  I think you summed up all the Vermont fans feelings toward you and Goon.
                  New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Big win for the 'Hawks.
                    Lowell Forever
                    Forever Lowell

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                      Big win for the 'Hawks.
                      Agreed. I was pretty happy with how UML came out. The season's momentum is maintained. On to Providence.
                      Gary

www.umlhockey.com

"It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Post game interview with MC coach Mark Dennehy from the warrior hockey site.
                        http://warriorhockey.org/vb/showthre...&threadid=1775

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          Lowell has no shot, Cannata is better than Roy, Brodeur, and Dryden among others.
                          6 GA says no...
                          "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

Comment

Went to the game last night and Chris Auger was an absolute beast!

It will be interesting to see how Merrimack responds after this. UML exposed a few holes in their game, namely the D folds BIG Time on strong forecheck pressure, and their goaltending (at least last night) is suspect. They also had a tough time defending down low on a strong cycle. UML set up two goals off the cycle that MC had no defense for. I fully expect other HE teams to exploit this stuff in the future after looking at the game film. MC needs to fix this or risk taking their customary place in the HE standings.
                            "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."

Comment

Dennehy's 'I need to be very careful' comments are pretty good indicators that he thinks he got the shaft on penalty calls. I was not aware of the point of emphasis on the double-penalty calls if they're warranted.

Personally, there was one penalty call against MC that I thought was definitely a complete gift for UML and probably a second. I didn't get a good look on the double-call that put us up 5x3 for 2:00 so don't have an opinion on that.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                Personally, there was one penalty call against MC that I thought was definitely a complete gift for UML and probably a second. I didn't get a good look on the double-call that put us up 5x3 for 2:00 so don't have an opinion on that.
                                I got a really good view of both penalties as I was in the front row and here is my take: the first penalty for boarding was called on Adam Ross and that call was probably a gift for UML. The issue for Merrimack is that the 6'4" Ross (and 6'5" Bigos) get a ton of bogus penalty calls because they are our biggest players, and focal points. I feel like the call on Ross was a fringe penalty that was called more because of Ross' physicality than for an infraction.

The Da Costa boarding penalty, called a few seconds later on the delayed penalty call on Ross was warranted...I didn't like it, but that was mostly because of the 5 on 3 situation the back to back calls created.
                                "Get used to this drill, we'll be doing it a lot."
                                "Why?"
                                "Because the legs feed the wolf, gentlemen..."

Comment

Working...
                                X