Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
    ...thereare couple of things worthy of comment....
    How dare you profane this thread with a coherent, thoughtful and well-documented post!!! Shame, I say. Shame!
    Gary

www.umlhockey.com
    Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
    "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
    KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by UMLWeatherman View Post
      I think its Nevin's turn in the rotation...with Carter on Tuesday

Its more of the question who will start the Maine game because that's who will likely start Saturday with the Sat-Tues-Fri schedule.
      There hasn't really been a rotation. Since I've been wrong since the 2nd game of the season I guess Hutton will be in net Saturday which means Hamilton will get the start!
      Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669
        Nice neg rep

"shut up, you nazi twatmuffin."

Nazi?? Really?? Could have at least signed your user name so I knew who the dip**** was that accuses people of anti semitic behaivor with no basis. Twatmuffin I can take, but throwing around nazi is a little over board.

GO MACK !!!
        To: jcarter7669

Subject: Polluting threads

Please stay in the UVM thread.
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          To: jcarter7669

Subject: Polluting threads

Please stay in the UVM thread.
          Dear Gainzo, this, as I am sure you are aware, is a public forum, and as a fan of hockey east I am keeping track of other teams as well as UVM, as I am free to do. One word of note, I would likely simply look, if it weren't for the few posters who like to bother UVM fans in every thread they happened to post in. Sorry sometimes there are innocent causalties, but that's just what ends up happening. Regardless, "polluting threads" is no reason to call someone a nazi. There is trash talk that occurs and that's all good but nazi has serious implications to many people in this world that have family that suffered through the holocaust, and is simply uncalled for.

Good luck to MC.
          Originally posted by Hokydad
          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
            Dear Gainzo, this, as I am sure you are aware, is a public forum, and as a fan of hockey east I am keeping track of other teams as well as UVM, as I am free to do. One word of note, I would likely simply look, if it weren't for the few posters who like to bother UVM fans in every thread they happened to post in. Sorry sometimes there are innocent causalties, but that's just what ends up happening. Regardless, "polluting threads" is no reason to call someone a nazi. There is trash talk that occurs and that's all good but nazi has serious implications to many people in this world that have family that suffered through the holocaust, and is simply uncalled for.

Good luck to MC.
            Whatever mate. I wouldn't be surprised if one of your fellow UVM fans sent you that neg rep.
            Last edited by Gainzo; 11-19-2009, 03:24 PM.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

So based on how Blaise has handled the goalies so far this season, I think you see Carter get the start on Saturday. Nevin had the better of the games against BU and then got the start the following game against UVM. While Nevin only gave up one last week @ UAH, Hutts at the shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                So based on how Blaise has handled the goalies so far this season, I think you see Carter get the start on Saturday. Nevin had the better of the games against BU and then got the start the following game against UVM. While Nevin only gave up one last week @ UAH, Hutts at the shutout.
                Carter also started both games in Omaha after shutting out St. Lawrence on the 1st night.
                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                  Carter also started both games in Omaha after shutting out St. Lawrence on the 1st night.
                  True.

I have confidence in both goalies but would prefer Carter on Saturday as Nevin gives up more rebounds. With Merrimack having an actual offense this season the less rebounds the better.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                    True.

I have confidence in both goalies but would prefer Carter on Saturday as Nevin gives up more rebounds. With Merrimack having an actual offense this season the less rebounds the better.
                    Can't we just leash him to the post though?
                    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Can't we just leash him to the post though?
                      christ this is one of the things i hate the most about people that don't understand hockey.

you know that his coming out of the net all the time is what helped him shut out huntsville and the team score four goals, right? they played a dump and chase the entire game and he was always there to start a quick transition and get lowell up the ice with numbers.

i get that not everyone is super-familiar with hockey tactics, but this one is fairly obvious. know who else leaves the net a lot to play the puck? marty brodeur. people don't get on him for doing it and it almost never costs his team a goal. in fact, i can't think of a time coming out of the net to play a puck has cost hutton a goal, and actually the only time i remember a play like that happening, it was nevin who came out to play a puck against BU in i wanna say feb. of 2008 (whenever that 6-2 game was... weston came up with the puck after nevin and goers ran into eachother behind the net and mccarthy was alone at the top of the crease for a tap-in).

so if it costs lowell a goal every season and a half but nets them a couple every month, then i'll take the trade-off sight unseen.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                        christ this is one of the things i hate the most about people that don't understand hockey.

you know that his coming out of the net all the time is what helped him shut out huntsville and the team score four goals, right? they played a dump and chase the entire game and he was always there to start a quick transition and get lowell up the ice with numbers.

i get that not everyone is super-familiar with hockey tactics, but this one is fairly obvious. know who else leaves the net a lot to play the puck? marty brodeur. people don't get on him for doing it and it almost never costs his team a goal. in fact, i can't think of a time coming out of the net to play a puck has cost hutton a goal, and actually the only time i remember a play like that happening, it was nevin who came out to play a puck against BU in i wanna say feb. of 2008 (whenever that 6-2 game was... weston came up with the puck after nevin and goers ran into eachother behind the net and mccarthy was alone at the top of the crease for a tap-in).

so if it costs lowell a goal every season and a half but nets them a couple every month, then i'll take the trade-off sight unseen.
                        I never said that it causes goals. I just don't need the scare every time he goes out of the net.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I never said that it causes goals. I just don't need the scare every time he goes out of the net.
                          that's entirely my point. there's nothing to be scared about. in fact, it's the opposite of something to be scared about.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
                            that's entirely my point. there's nothing to be scared about. in fact, it's the opposite of something to be scared about.
                            While I agree with you, its not like goalies don't sometimes muff the puck and then ends up in the back of the net. See Bruins vs Pens in OT a few days ago

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                              While I agree with you, its not like goalies don't sometimes muff the puck and then ends up in the back of the net. See Bruins vs Pens in OT a few days ago
                              well first, that was the fault of the defensemen, one for stopping and watching thomas play it while he also saw a forward coming in, and the other for not keeping pace with the forward and beating him to the puck.

second, again, how many times does tim thomas play a puck behind the net and have nothing bad happen at worst and something good happen at best? people that don't understand the game, sure, i don't begrudge them that, but just don't comment on it as though you do.

simple fact: hutton wins lowell far more games with that kind of play than he could ever lose them.

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                                How dare you profane this thread with a coherent, thoughtful and well-documented post!!! Shame, I say. Shame!
                                Sorry (or thanks? )My bad. I'm a little rusty and don't know what got into me. I promise to pollute a future thread with unsubstantiated rumors, incorrect facts, and incoherent rambling.

Would be great for Hockey East if the Chiefs (don't give me no Riverhawks!) and the Warriors (old school, not the condomn box logo version) could rachet up a relatively dormant rivalry.
                                Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Working...
                                X