X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack @ Lowell 11/21

Originally posted by dmjossel View Post
    You're kidding, right?

Dryden won 20+ games each season at Cornell and posted a GAA below 2.0.

With all due respect to Cannata, and with recognition of the fact that the game is not exactly the same as it was in '65-'69, these two players are in no way comparable.
    Just wait till hokydad shows up. You two will have some good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      He was just reiterating the words of USCHO's bestest poster ever - Hokydad. Just wait!! I'm sure he'll infest...I mean, join in the discussion here given his fan loyalties. Seriously, just wait! It'll be a treat!!
      *hides*
      Gary

www.umlhockey.com
      Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
      "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
      KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
        *hides*
        There's no hiding from Hokydad!!!

Comment

When was the last time that Lowell/MC played even this far into the season with both teams being above .500? Hell, I'm stunned that Merrimack has still garnered fewer votes at this point than BU. Interesting to see that MC's undefeated at home, and winless on the road. Hope that continues at least for this weekend.

Just looking at stats, DaCosta, Barton and Cucci have more points than anyone on the Lowell team (and Bowen's tied with all four of the Lowell point leaders).

I'm assuming Lowell will see Canata Saturday in net?

Merrimack lost all three games against Lowell last year, all close games, 3-1, 3-2 and 3-2. Canata got the L in the latter two games (Brathwaite started the first), and put together a 91.6% save rate in the two games. Just didn't get the offensive support he needed.

This is going to be a very tough game against a very spirited Warrior squad.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
            Just looking at stats, DaCosta, Barton and Cucci have more points than anyone on the Lowell team (and Bowen's tied with all four of the Lowell point leaders).
            they played army, holy cross and uconn. mystery solved.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLGoon View Post
              Merrimack's strength of schedule is currently 38th while Lowell's is now 15th.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

How about the unthinkable... will Merrimack's students travel?
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

No kidding. No need for UML to even cover the frosh, DaCosta and Brodhag.
                  You might want to put a man on the upperclassmen though.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

as opposed to that powerhouse, Alabama-Huntsville?

Regardless of whom they've played, to see "Merrimack" listed among the top scoring teams in the nation is sort of an alternate universe situation. In recent years (okay, even going back further) the Mack has not exactly been an offensive juggernaught. Usually it was one or two players (Stringer, Porter) who could score. This year's team seems to have a lot more offensive balance.
                    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      No kidding. No need for UML to even cover the frosh, DaCosta and Brodhag.
                      You might want to put a man on the upperclassmen though.
                      Sarcasm I hope?
                      Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
                        Just wait till hokydad shows up. You two will have some good times.
                        I put him on the ignore list first thing.

Comment

DaCosta is tied for 3rd in league scoring with a 3-5--8 mark. This does not (obviously) include his five-goal game against Army (or any other nonleague play, for that matter).

Brodhag is tied for 6th in league scoring with UML's Schaus (5-2--7 and 3-4--7 marks respectively).

Barton and Cucci are tied with Vallorani, Worthington, and Holmstrom. Those players' six points in 5 games tie them for 14th in league scoring.

In the next slot, freshman Elliott Sheen has five points in five games.

With four points in four games, Merrimack's Bowen, Bigos, and Velleca are tied with UML's Scheau, Edwards, Auger and Felite.

So, yes, the advantage in scoring is not as pronounced in league-only play as it is in all play-- but as others have pointed out, Lowell did have two games against UAH.

In league play, both teams have an identical +5 mark, although Merrimack has scored (and allowed) more goals: 23-18 vs 19-14.

Merrimack's special teams have a slight edge in PP percentage (27-22) and UML's has a slight edge in PK percentage (88-86). Something has to give there.

The first period may be telling; Merrimack has struggled in the first stanza, while Lowell has been strong in the first and last. UML is 4-1 when leading after one, where MC is 2-0 (which just says they haven't had a first period lead very often, but when they have, it has held up-- but only at home.)

I'd expect a close game, but so far it seems that home ice advantage in HE this year has been pretty strong. It's great to see both of these teams in the thick of things this year, and I hope it continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                            Sarcasm I hope?
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

How can we let this thread go dead during what is one of the most exciting seasons in recent memory for both these teams?!?!
                              Honestly, as much as I think Lowell is a terrific team, I'm a little afraid of this game, for the following reasons:

1. They have a goaltender who can steal a game
                              2. But they also have guys who can score
                              3. Perhaps most importantly, MC has a ton of heart.

This game will be close either way, here's hoping Lowell can pull it out!

Comment

Originally posted by HawksSk860 View Post
                                How can we let this thread go dead during what is one of the most exciting seasons in recent memory for both these teams?!?!
                                Honestly, as much as I think Lowell is a terrific team, I'm a little afraid of this game, for the following reasons:

1. They have a goaltender who can steal a game
                                2. But they also have guys who can score
                                3. Perhaps most importantly, MC has a ton of heart.

This game will be close either way, here's hoping Lowell can pull it out!
                                Plus they have a better coach

Comment

Working...
                                X