Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI & BU (Friday 12/4) & UNH (Saturday 12/5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI & BU (Friday 12/4) & UNH (Saturday 12/5)

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    I agree with you as far as the resources that have been pumped into the program. As far as wins and losses, you would have a hard time convincing me on that......not even comparable!!!! Must be the kool aid.
    Happy New Year to you and yours.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
      Happy New Year to you and yours.
      Thank you. My best wishes to you and your family as well!
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I'm not sure i have posted much without being PWI. It certainly makes reality a bit easier to take.
        Given the reality in front of us, I agree.

LGR!
        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
          Highlights from the UNH and RPI game:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AmM2Yku4jUA
          The guy in the black coat who jumped up after the first RPI goal - that was me.
          Last edited by mackek2; 01-06-2013, 11:52 PM.
          Watch many of the RPI hockey games on our website, rpitv.org

Comment

I agree with everything you have said. I believe SA beat #1 Yale, BU a couple of times (including that classic at HFH where Capt. Jack blew a top), Michigan when BP and JDA were here. Nobody, I repeat nobody is going to bring in the talent that SA brings in with the academic standards we have...bottom line.
            JDA wasn't even there for the Michigan game; he was too busy kicking Canada's ******* ***.

Comment

Thanks, my best to you and yours. Your son is starting to become a legend at chuck a puck. Most likely wants to win to collect $$$$ from Sachi. No doubt that I am a kool aid drinker for our great coach because I admire him greatly and the way he runs a clean, competitve program. I have no issues with people bringing up special teams, things are so close in CH that you have to score on the PP to win. DrD is absolutely right. I just think were light years ahead of where we were and all though last year was a crap show, SA salvaged a playoff series win ( and denied Mike cleary cup). When peopele tout names like Monty there wrong because Monty is not coming here...he is headed to Maine or something bigger, so IMHO let's stay with the program because to me 98% of coaching college sports is recruiting and SA has that down cold. BTW- your post about the co-ed shower stuff in Germany was a classic, epic post. Hope to see at HFH soon.
              Too funny - lets just say that my kid, who has won the chuck a puck 4 or 5 times this year and was giving tips at the last game to Babo, isnt trying to collect from Sachi....he's trying to sell me the certificates at face value in cash ! Funny part is that he's using my money to buy the pucks to begin with. Remember, this is the same kid that bought 6 season tickets (for 3 people). Clearly not an economics major as old Dad has that figured out pretty quick. Gotta tell you the rest of the "Girls Night at Hockey" story face to face - cant make this stuff up....

Have to also agree on the special teams play, but for me its the play in every aspect of the game including 5 on 5. I cant believe we get some of the kids we do from a recruiting perspective, but we gotta let them play and use the attributes that put them on the radar for the program to begin with. I also cant see Monty coming here and think you are spot on that recruiting is more than 50% of the battle (I wouldnt say 98%, but you do need to horses to be competitive), so cant be anything but happy about that. What we do with them once they arrive is what baffles me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                Ok, fishcore12 talked this frustrated fan off the ledge last night. While the PP continues to be a huge problem, the UNH game was the fifth in 10 days. They played 4 games on the road against top teams. The best players are frosh and sophs, so they are still learning. A strong non-conference schedule is designed to get ready for the stretch run in the ECAC, so the next 14 games will be the real test. The truth is, none of us on this board is close enough to this team to know whether this group is going to come together down the stretch. We just need to wait and see. Waiting for 19 and 20 year olds to grow and develop into a successful team is frustrating and difficult for fans. It must be much more so for coaches.
                Agree completely. I haven't seen it mentioned here, but not for nothing, IMO UNH is a really, REALLY, good team. We weren't playing against pylons....That has to add into the calculus on the game post-mortem discussion, I would think.
                EDIT: I see RC correctly pointed out that UNH is a skilled team.
                Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-07-2013, 01:13 PM.
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Agree completely. I haven't seen it mentioned here, but not for nothing, IMO UNH is a really, REALLY, good team. We weren't playing against pylons....That has to add into the calculus on the game post-mortem discussion, I would think.
                  EDIT: I see RC correctly pointed out that UNH is a skilled team.
                  Wicked-you should have been on the scores thread. I was truly impressed by them. On here i called them a final four team (was correct to saying a Frozen Four team). They are especially good short handed and seem to press you all over the ice.
                  Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                  X