NMU @ SCSU: Remember last time... when you guys... in the NCAAs.... :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    And that they suck **** during lineup announcements.
    Ah, yes. Because that is the epitomie of tastefullness and high-class compared to "celebrating a victory in front of opposing students."

After seeing the showboating by fellow CCHA member schools that aren't of the same "mindedness" or revenue generated, I'm happy to see some passion and fire in this NMU team. For too long we've been the gentlemen who let teams like Notre Dame push our players out of the way to celebrate a goal right in front of our goaltender. Or, again like ND, slowly skate in front of the NMU bench pointing and laughing at the players on their way to their bench to.continue celebrating the goal. While preventing NMU players from getting to their bench.

I'm tired of putting up with that, and you know what? If this Wildcat team has the fire to be confidant and cocky, AND back that attitude up with wins, good for them.
    Last edited by aparch; 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: NMU @ SCSU: Remember last time... when you guys... in the NCAAs....

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Ah, yes. Because that is the epitomie of tastefullness and high-class compared to "celebrating a victory in front of opposing students."

After seeing the showboating by fellow CCHA member schools that aren't of the same "mindedness" or revenue generated, I'm happy to see some passion and fire in this NMU team. For too long we've been the gentlemen who let teams like Notre Dame push our players out of the way to celebrate a goal right in front of our goaltender. Or, again like ND, slowly skate in front of the NMU bench pointing and laughing at the players on their way to their bench to.continue celebrating the goal. While preventing NMU players from getting to their bench.

I'm tired of putting up with that, and you know what? If this Wildcat team has the fire to be confidant and cocky, AND back that attitude up with wins, good for them.
      So again, as DL said, because others have done it to you, it's ok for your players to do it to students?
      Also, students sections are never going to be classy, they aren't supposed to be classy, they are supposed to get into players heads and it seems it worked.
      As a player, you should know the opposing students are going to harrass you.
      Players, even though they are students, should be better than needing to taunt students of the opposing schools after a sweep.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

The bottom line is all school's have student sections that do it. PuckHeads at NMU included. St Cloud's student section was no worse than most, and far better than some (Western Michigan "******* You (Player's Name) or just about anything coming from Michigan. I just have a hard time grasping why when one group of students (those off the ice) spends a couple hours throwing grief over the glass, that they find it classless if another group of students from the other side (those on the ice) throw it back? I'm a huge fan and have learned my lesson about talking smack before the result is in. And if I talk it and it blows up in my face, I certainly expect to have it avalanche back in my direction. Probably why I don't do much of it. Just like the one's off the ice, it's just some students having a little fun...right??? Terrific crowds at St Cloud this weekend, especially considering the school still on break and the Vikings/Packers game Saturday night. Looking forward to the next visit to the Granite City.
        "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
          The bottom line is all school's have student sections that do it. PuckHeads at NMU included. St Cloud's student section was no worse than most, and far better than some (Western Michigan "******* You (Player's Name) or just about anything coming from Michigan. I just have a hard time grasping why when one group of students (those off the ice) spends a couple hours throwing grief over the glass, that they find it classless if another group of students from the other side (those on the ice) throw it back? I'm a huge fan and have learned my lesson about talking smack before the result is in. And if I talk it and it blows up in my face, I certainly expect to have it avalanche back in my direction. Probably why I don't do much of it. Just like the one's off the ice, it's just some students having a little fun...right??? Terrific crowds at St Cloud this weekend, especially considering the school still on break and the Vikings/Packers game Saturday night. Looking forward to the next visit to the Granite City.
          I guess for me, players should be above that.
          The revenge is the win, it doesn't need to be rubbed in to fans who have done their job and obviously done it well if you as a player, feel the need to taunt them.

I just view players differently than just regular students.
          Glad you had a good time and thought the crowds were good.
          It wasn't terrible, but we've been much better crowd wise.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

So just *where* were the NMU players supposed to celebrate their win? In front of the SCSU player parents/girlfriends section? In front of the SCSU blueline members? No? What about the regular SCSU fans? Still no? Is the locker room okay to celebrate in too or is that classless because it's still happening in SCSU's building?

Jan Brady State is a most fitting nickname.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So just *where* were the NMU players supposed to celebrate their win? In front of the SCSU player parents/girlfriends section? In front of the SCSU blueline members? No? What about the regular SCSU fans? Still no? Is the locker room okay to celebrate in too or is that classless because it's still happening in SCSU's building?

Nice reply...
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

That is a thing of beauty aparch!
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Behind their own net. No fans there.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I've gone to quite a few SCSU games and aside from Gopher games I almost always sit in the student section with friends and just dress neutral. I think some of the chants are a little distasteful (especially the lineup chants) so I think it's pretty funny and deserving that a college (repeat: college...not professional) player rubs their nose in it a little bit. Especially after a sweep that probably shouldn't have been.

Then again I absolutely loved when Randy Moss "mooned" Green Bay.

Comment

It is a fitting nickname for some of the husky fans who post on here that is for sure. year afer year I hope they will justt go away and they never do.....
                      I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                        It is a fitting nickname for some of the husky fans who post on here that is for sure. year afer year I hope they will justt go away and they never do.....
                        You don't, why should we?
                        Found Motzko's replacement yet?
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          You don't, why should we?
                          Found Motzko's replacement yet?
                          Nah. They'll just dismantle the team.

I like how we don't know what we're talking about just because we're not defeatists.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

As a fan I give ****, and I expect it back. If the other team breaks out a boom box and dances to Kool and the Gang's "Celebration" they're perfectly in their right, especially after hearing it all weekend from our student section.
                            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=aQD6VP-csEg

Seems appropriate.

The guys on the ice are people too.
                              Last edited by stuckinwi; 01-07-2013, 02:30 PM.
                              MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                and far better than some (Western Michigan "******* You (Player's Name) or just about anything coming from Michigan.
                                The Lunatics thank you for the props!

SCSU cant wait to get into this discussion with you after your first game at Lawson!
                                Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Working...
                                X