Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin @ SCSU

Originally posted by uwbadgers14 View Post
    SCSU is averaging 29.8 Shots on goal against, UW averages 39.4 Shots on goal per game, so i don't think it matters who's in net if your defense doesn't do its job in front blocking shots and clearing out bodies.
    did you miss last weeks game where und put 49 shots on net???
    Originally posted by Mankato student
    Are their innings or quarters in this sport?
    "Bush and Paulson and Greenspan and their clique are “free marketeers” in the same way that Olive Garden is an Italian restaurant."
    -- Peter Klein

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      Obviously you have not tried very hard then. Last weekends games at UND were on. You get road games at UMD and Mankato. The Friday DU game is going to be on as well and I haven't looked yet, but I would assume at least one of the games at UW will be on.
      Ok what channel? I have basic cable..

Comment

Originally posted by sweatpants View Post
        I'm pretty confident VW and uw14 are the same person.
        I was thinking the same thing....
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
          You were bringing up Defense of the ages so much that you consolidated it into an acronym. Ingenious.
          @Timothy A: No way uw14 can spell "acronym". Nor "ingenious" for that matter.

Hat tip: EoDS

Comment

Originally posted by ts8801 View Post
            did you miss last weeks game where und put 49 shots on net???
            He misses a lot.
            If at first you don't succeed, try cheating.

Comment

• Re: Dunn named WCHA Defensive Player of the Week

Originally posted by Fightingsiouxfan View Post
              Red Baron® WCHA Defensive Player of the Week

Dan Dunn, Jr., G, St. Cloud State

St. Cloud State University goaltender Dan Dunn, who made a career-high 47 saves while backstopping the visiting Huskies to a key conference road victory at No. 2-ranked North Dakota last weekend, has been chosen as the Red Baron® WCHA Defensive Player of the Week for Nov. 17-23, 2009.

Dunn, a 6-5, 200-pound junior from Oshawa, Ontario and a draftee of the NHL’s Washington Capitals, won his third consecutive game last Saturday (Nov. 14) night at Ralph Engelstad Arena in Grand Forks, making period save totals of 20, 15 and 12 and blanking the Fighting Sioux on all six of their power-play chances. He was named the First Star of the Game. Of note, UND’s second goal came at 18:16 of the third period after the Sioux had pulled their goaltender for an extra attacker.

On the 2009-10 season, Dunn now owns a 3-1-0 record overall, a 1.99 goals-against average, and a .938 saves percentage, which ranks second among WCHA netminders overall.
              If the fact that yesterday Dunn was awarded Defensive POTW by the WCHA doesn't convince Coach Motzko to start Dan on Friday night, then . . .

Comment

• Re: Dunn named WCHA Defensive Player of the Week

Originally posted by Husckey Domi Nation View Post
                If the fact that yesterday Dunn was awarded Defensive POTW by the WCHA doesn't convince Coach Motzko to start Dan on Friday night, then . . .
                He already announced Lee is starting.
                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by startthebus View Post
                  Ok what channel? I have basic cable..

I don't know what channel it was on in St. Cloud because I don't live there, but Kevin Allenspach said in his blog the games were on up there. I don't know if they were on basic cable, you might have to have digital cable. Are you telling me you don't have friends with digital cable or you couldn't go to Buffalo Wild Wings and have them put it on? What kind of fan are you?
                  I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
                    What kind of fan are you?
                    The type that doesn’t wear jerseys because they lack collars to pop and the type that will drop the Huskies like a bad habit 5 minutes after moving to the Twin Cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      The type that doesn’t wear jerseys because they lack collars to pop and the type that will drop the Huskies like a bad habit 5 minutes after moving to the Twin Cities.
                      No way that this guy would do that.

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

anybody got the TV breakdown for madison for this weekend, is there any tv or anything online???
                        The Quest For 7

Comment

uwbadgers.com says that both games are on Charter Extra. Looks like another crappy weekend for DISH subscribers. Could there be an alternate channel that has them?
                          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                            uwbadgers.com says that both games are on Charter Extra. Looks like another crappy weekend for DISH subscribers. Could there be an alternate channel that has them?
                            gotcha, ch 87 for both basic and digital charter, not sure about any alt. Channels with a dish...
                            The Quest For 7

Comment

Originally posted by Fired View Post
                              Funny how this thread has become about posters more than the hockey itself !
                              Have you never been in an SCSU thread before? For that matter, any WCHA thread?
                              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                                Have you never been in an SCSU thread before? For that matter, any WCHA thread?
                                Agreed. Our thread with UAA was mainly about hockey and it felt kind of weird. I like to stay out of the nonsense but it is usually pretty fun watching people (not naming anyone ) crash and burn by their comments.

On a hockey note...how is SCSU doing on injuries so far?
                                In the immortal words of Jean Paul Sartre, 'Au revoir, gopher'.

Originally posted by burd
                                I look at some people and I just know they do it doggy style. No way they're getting close to my kids.

Comment

Working...
                                X