Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin @ SCSU

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Motzko said it easily, it's not time for one goalie to take over and that's the rotation they've set.
    Personally I think the team hasn't played as well in front of Lee as they have in front of Dunn.
    They need to play better on Friday's.
    If that is the case then why did Lee play two games in a row already this year? Let's face it Motzko wants Lee to win the job and I am not even saying that is a bad thing. I wonder how much longer he can keep doing this if Lee keeps letting in soft goals? I also wonder what the team thinks about all this? Dunn has played well and Lee hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been close to as good as Dunn.

I actually think Lee is playing a lot like Dunn did last couple years. His numbers were good, but he always seemed to give up that one soft goal that cost the team a win or a point. I know you don't win championships or top three finishes in november, but you sure can lose them.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
      1) Who drafts a punter?
      2) Who drafts a kicker earlier then round 10?
      3) Who the * drafts a punter?!?!?!

Must be a Packer fan...did he trade up to get him?

1)That person in our funky league where punters are part of rosters and defenses on average get you a solid -80 points every week. I fought that scoring hard to no avail. then when i conveniently didn't start a D the past 4 weeks the commish called shenanigans saying i wasn't following rules. I said there was no rule stating any roster spot must be filled. If there was, the system would auto fill that spot or you would get penalized. Turns out the commish was attempting something similar by starting defenses on their bye weeks to not have to incur all those negative points.

2) and 3) Like i said, that person is pretty obsessed with Kluwe. There was no trading to draft him. I was confused about that too but thats what they wanted so thats what they got. Which explains their 1 win so far this season.
      I survived the SCSU E. Coli scare of 2005.

Inventor of the "Mine!" chant.

Signs, Signs every game there's signs:
      I ♥ Lamp!!
      Got Nodl?
      Bow down to Bobby!
      Ooooohhhh! Not just Spanish for rice!

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
        So these games are on Charter 87 again? Figures when I had Charter part of the reason for switching to Directv was for more hockey. Do you just need the basic package from Charter to get this channel? The Saturday game in Mankato finally found a bar that had Charter, but nothing showed up for channel 87 when they checked it. Not sure if they just didn't know what they were doing as is small bar or if you need better then the basic Charter programming.
        What is Charter 87? I get Charter Expanded Basic and I don't seem to get Channel 87. Is it part of some higher tier?

Comment

Having half of your games against Mankato and Anchorage doesn't hurt those numbers. In fact, its the only reason you have those numbers, as you lost 3 of 4 against CC and MN at home.
          Uh, we did not lose 3 of 4. We lost 2 of 4 and tied one of them.

The worst part about both of them is that ever annoying habit of injecting facts into a discussion making people like yourself look stupid...
          How about the part where they bring up DOTA 1000 times per week?

Plus is Varsity really even relevant? Even his own fans don't like him.
          I don't recall having any problems with anyone in our fan base. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Badger faithful.
          Last edited by VarsityWisconsin; 11-17-2009, 12:39 PM.
          Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFreak View Post
            What is Charter 87? I get Charter Expanded Basic and I don't seem to get Channel 87. Is it part of some higher tier?
            I think you have to be signed up for the digital package.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Dish Network has shown very few Badger games so far. I can't believe I'm regretting not getting Charter.

Comment

Originally posted by VarsityWisconsin View Post
                I call that funny.
                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                Originally posted by Quizmire
                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Yeah I try to ignore the 2 most annoying posters on this site: BrianV and Scooby. I will continue to do so.

There's one in every crowd, and if you cant spot him...

You should probably shut the hell up.

I don't recall having any problems with anyone in our fan base. Please correct me if I'm wrong, Badger faithful.
                  I don't have any problems with insightful posting. Or comedic posting. Or halfway grammatically correct posting. Take that as you will. Just don't lump the rest of us in with you.
                  Last edited by FueledByRamen; 11-17-2009, 01:22 PM.
                  Originally posted by solovsfett
                  To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                    Can someone, anyone (FTLT?) justify this for me? If anything, I would start Dunn on Friday. If he plays well, give him another go on Saturday. If he gets shelled, give Lee a shot Saturday. I don't get it either.
                    I believe Motzko has a reverse way of using goalies. He likes to have the best guy playing Saturday, which is Dunn. however, I would also rather see Dunn on Friday, and if he does well, use him on Saturday. It seems like Lee doesn't respond well to the perceived pressure of starting on Friday. The other thing that Kolorful Ken suggested, since we have had trouble winning on Fridays, to switch the games to Thursdays.

We spent a considerable amount of time pleading the case for Dunn with the coach, but apparently to no avail. However, he has been known to change his mind, so we'll have to wait and see. I'll go nuts with Tommyboy if Lee lets in more softies, plays out of position, lays down on the ice motionless, or has trouble getting back in position. We saw all of these antics last Friday.

This just in: Time will no longer tell.
                    Bob is making me concerned
                    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      Motzko said it easily, it's not time for one goalie to take over and that's the rotation they've set.
                      Personally I think the team hasn't played as well in front of Lee as they have in front of Dunn.
                      They need to play better on Friday's.
                      While I wouldn't mind seeing Dunn play both nights I also get why Motzko wants to stick with him. Yes, Lee has let in some soft ones but the team hasn't done him a lot favors either. Example - scoring ONE lousy goal against Tech...
                      "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Yesterday you said this:

What the heck is DOTA?
                        Now today you say this:

How can you claim that Scooby and I bring up DotA 1000 times per week if you didn't even know what it was until just yesterday?

I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

You were bringing up Defense of the ages so much that you consolidated it into an acronym. Ingenious.

Comment

You were bringing up Defense of the ages so much that you consolidated it into an acronym. Ingenious.
                            Yes, it is. Thanks.

EDIT: Awesome rep from Varsity Wisconsin today: Goofers suck.

What originality.
                            Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 11-17-2009, 02:49 PM.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Acronyms make the world go round...it's in a book....somewhere.
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

EDIT: Awesome rep from Varsity Wisconsin today: Goofers suck.

What originality.
                                Almost as original as DOTA.

Comment

Working...
                                X