Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    On Saturday, the Omaha Lancers lost to the Fargo Force 4-1. Drew Melanson did not dress. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978190

    Melanson's line is now 28-5-6-11-2.
    DM did play RB.....http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978190
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

    Comment


    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

      Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      That is weird. During our game, when I checked I saw his name in the lineup, but at the conclusion, I did not see him.

      Anyway, I have hopefully fixed the posts. Thanks for noticing.
      sigpic

      Let's Go 'Tute!

      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

      2012 Poser Of The Year

      Comment


      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

        Bump back from the bottom of page 2 abyss. Anyone heard any intel on kids from the CJHL or OJHL ? Seems odd that we haven't heard about RPI interest in at least one kid from Eastern Canada. Discuss...
        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

        Comment


        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

          Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
          Bump back from the bottom of page 2 abyss. Anyone heard any intel on kids from the CJHL or OJHL ? Seems odd that we haven't heard about RPI interest in at least one kid from Eastern Canada. Discuss...
          No need to bump. We have recruits playing this evening. The thread that needs bumping is the PU/QU thread. I think I will do that.

          None of coaches are from eastern Canada, so they don't gravitate there. Wood, of course, is from eastern Canada, but hasn't played there for several years. It seems to me the talent level in Ontario that doesn't go the CHL route has been declining for years. There certainly is talent there, but IMO it doesn't seem to be the source that it once was.
          sigpic

          Let's Go 'Tute!

          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

          2012 Poser Of The Year

          Comment


          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

            Parker Reno with 1a and 2min. interference penalty in Edina's 2-1 win over White Bear Lake.....http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/show/3584271 Riley Bourbonnais with 1a (7 SOG) in SC's 3-2 loss to Fargo (great movie ).... http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978197
            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

            Comment


            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

              On Tuesday, the Sioux City Musketeers lost to the Fargo Force 3-2. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978197

              Bourbonnais' Sioux City line is now 14-9-6-15-24.
              Total 31-16-15-31-32.
              sigpic

              Let's Go 'Tute!

              Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

              2012 Poser Of The Year

              Comment


              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                On Tuesday, Edina H.S. defeated White Bear Lake H. S. 2-1. Parker Reno had an assist and an interference penalty. http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/game/game_sheet/3584271

                Reno's line is now 15-1-11-12-10.

                For some reason the assist is not in the bottom where they list all of the players and isn't included in his season's total.

                Edit: The baove has been corrected.
                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM.
                sigpic

                Let's Go 'Tute!

                Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                2012 Poser Of The Year

                Comment


                • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                  Code:
                   # Name                Ps commitm. Team (League)                   Year  DOB      Ht    Wt  Hometown             Gm- G- A-  P- PM Next Gm
                  23 Riley Bourbonnais * LC 09/18/11 Cedar Rapids RoughRiders (USHL) 2013  08/08/93 5'10" 190 Rochester NY         17- 7- 9- 16-  8 traded
                  23                                 Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)                                                  13- 9- 6- 15- 24 01/11/13
                                                                                                              total                30-16-15- 31- 32
                  20 Jimmy DeVito        RW 01/10/12 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  04/02/94 5'10" 165 Bloomingdale IL      29- 3- 3-  6- 75 01/11/13
                  22 Charles Manley      LD 12/19/11 Selects Hockey Academy (USEHL)  2014  07/15/96 5'07" 150 Orchard Park NY       0- 0- 0-  0-  0 01/12/13 no stats
                  26                                 Waterloo Black Hawks (USHL)                                                    4- 0- 2-  2-  2
                  27 Drew Melanson #*    LW 01/28/11 Omaha Lancers (USHL)            2013  01/10/95 5'10" 160 Paramus NJ           29- 5- 6- 11-  2 01/11/13
                   5 Parker Reno #       RD 11/12/12 Edina H.S.(Lake Conf)           2013  01/20/95 6'01" 195 Edina, MN            15- 1-11- 12- 10 01/17/13
                  15 Evan Tironese       LW 05/01/12 Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)  2014  08/02/95 5'09" 163 Qualicum Beach BC    31-10-18- 28- 30 01/11/13
                  26 Jake Wood #*        LW 01/10/11 Lincoln Stars (USHL)            2013  08/06/93 5'07" 160 Georgetown ON        29- 7- 9- 16- 78 01/11/13
                  Women
                  11 Hannah Behounek #*   D 06/01/12 Minnetonka H.S. (Lake Conf)     2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Minnetonka, MN       16- 3- 3-  6-  4 01/12/13
                  15 Laura Horwood *      F 11/29/12 Durham West Lightning (PWHL)    2013  05/20/95 5'06" 135 Belleville, ON       22-12- 9- 21- 18 01/12/13
                                                                                                              nonleague games      17-12-12- 24-  x
                                                                                                              total                39-24-21- 45-  x
                  15                                 Ontario Team Blue                                                              5- 0- 1-  1-  0 
                  13 Katie Rooney *       F 08/05/12 Buffalo H.S. (Mississippi 8)    2013  xx/xx/9x x'xx" xxx Buffalo, MN          16-24-19- 43-  8 01/10/13
                  
                  * In the RPI directory
                  # Known to have signed Letter of Intent
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 01-09-2013, 04:49 PM.
                  sigpic

                  Let's Go 'Tute!

                  Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                  2012 Poser Of The Year

                  Comment


                  • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                    Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    No need to bump. We have recruits playing this evening. The thread that needs bumping is the PU/QU thread. I think I will do that.

                    None of coaches are from eastern Canada, so they don't gravitate there. Wood, of course, is from eastern Canada, but hasn't played there for several years. It seems to me the talent level in Ontario that doesn't go the CHL route has been declining for years. There certainly is talent there, but IMO it doesn't seem to be the source that it once was.
                    I've never really bought into the notion that coaches recruit where they were raised. Appert isn't from Manitoba, yet he signed Kasdorf, Vines found Bokenfohr, etc. etc. That said, the advancement of the USHL and BCHL certainly drawn the attention of coaches...and the top kids from eastern Canada who dont go the CHL route. The rosters of eastern D1 schools (including HE) include a ton of eastern Canadian kids, which was a rarity not too long ago. I guess what I should have asked is who are we looking at, that we haven't heard about?
                    Last edited by Wicked Slappaahs; 01-09-2013, 08:47 AM.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                    Comment


                    • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                      Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                      I've never really bought into the notion that coaches recruit where they were raised. Appert isn't from Manitoba, yet he signed Kasdorf, Vines found Bokenfohr, etc. etc. That said, the advancement of the USHL certainly drawn the attention of coaches...and the top kids from eastern Canada who dont go the CHL route. The rosters of eastern D1 schools (including HE) include a ton of eastern Canadian kids, which was a rarity not too long ago. I guess what I should have asked is who are we looking at, that we haven't heard about?
                      Coaches are more likely to go where they have connections which is more likely where they are from. (And recruiting in their home territory gives them free trips back home. ) I am sure that SA however continues to look at eastern Canada.

                      The USHL is now considerably above any other source of players for college hockey. I doubt that we are looking for anyone for next season at this time except possibly a walkon goalie, and that goalie may already be selected also. If we recruit someone from eastern Canada for the following year or later he could wind up in the USHL.
                      sigpic

                      Let's Go 'Tute!

                      Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                      2012 Poser Of The Year

                      Comment


                      • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                        Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Coaches are more likely to go where they have connections which is more likely where they are from. (And recruiting in their home territory gives them free trips back home. ) I am sure that SA however continues to look at eastern Canada.

                        The USHL is now considerably above any other source of players for college hockey. I doubt that we are looking for anyone for next season at this time except possibly a walkon goalie, and that goalie may already be selected also. If we recruit someone from eastern Canada for the following year or later he could wind up in the USHL.
                        I understand the argument, but I dont buy it. Coaches go where the talent is..at least the ones I know do. Of course every coach has connections to their roots, but they also gain connections as their careers progress, by building relationships. Appert spent a lot of his free time the last few years coaching USA hockey squads and I have no doubt that has opened doors for him. Finally, lets not forget that the age at which players are ID'd by coaches has gotten drastically younger, so I am sure that when our coaches are in eastern Can., they are just as often watching midget games, as they are CCHL ones.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                        Comment


                        • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                          Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          I understand the argument, but I dont buy it. Coaches go where the talent is..at least the ones I know do. Of course every coach has connections to their roots, but they also gain connections as their careers progress, by building relationships. Appert spent a lot of his free time the last few years coaching USA hockey squads and I have no doubt that has opened doors for him. Finally, lets not forget that the age at which players are ID'd by coaches has gotten drastically younger, so I am sure that when our coaches are in eastern Can., they are just as often watching midget games, as they are CCHL ones.
                          I don't disagree with any of that. For whatever reason we are getting more Minnesota kids than before, and that correlates with SA's background. We always had them, and there were a couple on the squad when I was a freshman, but there are more now than in the recent past. I do add that it is a plus to recruit everywhere.
                          sigpic

                          Let's Go 'Tute!

                          Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

                          2012 Poser Of The Year

                          Comment


                          • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                            Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            I don't disagree with any of that. For whatever reason we are getting more Minnesota kids than before, and that correlates with SA's background. We always had them, and there were a couple on the squad when I was a freshman, but there are more now than in the recent past. I do add that it is a plus to recruit everywhere.
                            Probably because we are playing much more of a western style game, not the eastern bruiser game that we're used to seeing in the ECAC.

                            Comment


                            • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                              Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              On Tuesday, the Sioux City Musketeers lost to the Fargo Force 3-2. Riley Bourbonnais had an assist. http://ushl2011.stats.pointstreak.co...gameid=1978197

                              Bourbonnais' Sioux City line is now 14-9-6-15-24.
                              Total 31-16-15-31-32.
                              Keep an eye out to see if Riley is traded in the near future. Sioux City seems to be waving the white flag and trading players off. Yesterday they traded 2 players who they traded for earlier in the year. Jt Stenglein and Tanner Pond.

                              Comment


                              • Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

                                Originally posted by herbst20 View Post
                                Keep an eye out to see if Riley is traded in the near future. Sioux City seems to be waving the white flag and trading players off. Yesterday they traded 2 players who they traded for earlier in the year. Jt Stenglein and Tanner Pond.
                                He'll be a seasoned traveler when he gets to Troy...what a pain in the butt for kids mid season...new team, new town, new billet family. Character-building experience my father would say!
                                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X