Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Recruit Thread 2012-13 (Part II)

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    I would suspect as much. He seems to be more of the protect-your-star enforcer type, and in the game I saw, has a real knack for what's going on on the ice around him.
    We'll see. As I have said before, SA sees something that we could use in him, and that could very well be it. As to whom he will protect, Melanson might be another candidate. My crystal ball doesn't see him breaking into the lineup on a regular basis next year with 13 forwards expected to return and three others apparently in next year's class.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      We'll see. As I have said before, SA sees something that we could use in him, and that could very well be it. As to whom he will protect, Melanson might be another candidate. My crystal ball doesn't see him breaking into the lineup on a regular basis next year with 13 forwards expected to return and three others apparently in next year's class.
      And yet, a guy like Miller is part of WaP's "iron man club". I don't think DeVito will have too much trouble with earning his spot on the ice.

Comment

And yet, a guy like Miller is part of WaP's "iron man club". I don't think DeVito will have too much trouble with earning his spot on the ice.
        Miller proves that one can't learn everything from USHL box scores. Personally I believe that DeVito, like Fulton this year, will play sparingly as a freshman. I certainly could be wrong. You have seen him play -- I have not. I am just saying that there will be even more competion for ice time next year than this year.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Miller proves that one can't learn everything from USHL box scores. Personally I believe that DeVito, like Fulton this year, will play sparingly as a freshman. I certainly could be wrong. You have seen him play -- I have not. I am just saying that there will be even more competion for ice time next year than this year.
          Competition is a good thing, as it makes for a better product on ice. I did not see any of this year's freshmen play juniors, so I can't comment on your comparison to Fulton. Given DeVito's toughness, though, you may be right that he'd be saved for games such as Union, Clarkson, and Cornell, while sporting Moores for Yale, SLU, and Colgate; sort of an opposite to Scott Halpern, who was saved for the up-tempo games.

Comment

Competition is a good thing, as it makes for a better product on ice.
            No doubt.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The fight that earned JD the suspension.

JD means juvenile delinquent?
              C'mon RB...our guys already have a stigma with league officials merely by donning the RPI sweater, we don't need to be helping out the peanut gallery.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Competition is a good thing, as it makes for a better product on ice. ....
                Except if you have too many former Captains, than it all goes to pot...
                ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Except if you have too many former Captains, than it all goes to pot...
                  No kidding. This is probably why Coach is looking at role players like Miller, DeVito, and a few of the others.

Comment

C'mon RB...our guys already have a stigma with league officials merely by donning the RPI sweater, we don't need to be helping out the peanut gallery.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

No kidding. This is probably why Coach is looking at role players like Miller, DeVito, and a few of the others.
                      Miller was a Captain for Omaha last year.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Miller was a Captain for Omaha last year.
                        He'll never work out...

Comment

True but you can almost count on our having 2 or 3 out with injuries each week sustained in practice.
                          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

He'll never work out...
                            He goes to the exercise room every day.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                              True but you can almost count on our having 2 or 3 out with injuries each week sustained in practice.
                              It does seem that way, but if we indeed have 17 forwards, we will always be having some healthy scratches.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Central Scouting has released it's Mid-Term Rankings. Parker Reno at 119....Drew Melanson not on list. http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=77886
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X