Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    I was making a point, Ralph.

Historically, not much that the EZAC can hang their hat on.
    Agreed. BTW, do you think that the ECAC will be better than the nWCHA next season? Based upon the number of recent NCAA bids they will be.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Having seen my pair of games for this season, I'll make a rare post... as my signature will attest, I was surprised to see a win on Thursday for a reason other than St. Cloud being favored. I definitely had a familiar sense of doom when the tying goal was scored in the third. Great to see the guys pull it out.

Friday night was acceptable as far as losses go; dominating the first half of the game and coming out of it with only one goal was probably never going to be enough.

Hopefully we proved something to overconfident Huskies fans as well as to ourselves. Gotta make some hay in league games.
      Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
        Agreed. BTW, do you think that the ECAC will be better than the nWCHA next season? Based upon the number of recent NCAA bids they will be.
        Tough to say, considering the teams leaving the CCHA/WCHA. Teams that haven't gotten bids in the past will get them in the nWCHA due to that.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I don't understand how that's a rip. A favored team will beat an underdog team in bold fashion. Um, great.

His team split with a crappy lesser-conference opponent.

Silly Jan fans.
          RPI is the best defensive team I've seen us play all year.
          They are a lot better than people are giving them credit for or their record indicates.
          "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
          Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
          Grandma ~ Jan 2004
          Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
          Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            I don't understand how that's a rip. A favored team will beat an underdog team in bold fashion. Um, great.

His team split with a crappy lesser-conference opponent.

Silly Jan fans.
            We're silly, but you are claiming we suck because we split with a TUC?

Let's see where the Gophers are in the Pairwise after this weekend.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              RPI is the best defensive team I've seen us play all year.
              They are a lot better than people are giving them credit for or their record indicates.
              Classy post FTLT. Sorry I didn't make this road trip. Sounded like two good games. Good luck the rest of the way.
              ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                We're silly, but you are claiming we suck because we split with a TUC?

Let's see where the Gophers are in the Pairwise after this weekend.
                I said "Maybe." He countered with a typical Gopher-obsessed comment of how he's going to laugh when the #1 team in the country beats MN. Um, if they are #1, then they SHOULD beat the Gophers. In other words, apparently he's fine with splitting with a subpar team at home (which IMO, shouldn't have happened, I think SCSU is the better team), because MN will lose on Sunday.

So yes, some of you are quite silly.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                  Classy post FTLT. Sorry I didn't make this road trip. Sounded like two good games. Good luck the rest of the way.
                  Same to you good sir.
                  Now go kick some ECAC *** and help us both out.
                  "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                  -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                  Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Would like nothing better than for RPI to do just that!

Also FWIW - Quinnipiac just knocked off UNO 5-4 in the first of two in Hamden, CT.
                    ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Honestly, I thought RPI was considerably better than advertised. SCSU still should've won Thursday night, but I think the close scores both nights was indicative of relative parity.

Best of luck to RPI the rest of the way.

BTW, LeBlanc for Hobey!
                      scsuhockey.com
                      CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Same to you good sir.
                        Now go kick some ECAC *** and help us both out.
                        Do the same in the WCHA for us.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          He's saying Minnesota will get their doors blown off by BC on Sunday.
                          Ding!
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            Ding!
                            They're the #1 team in the country. They should beat us.

For all SCSU's huffing and puffing about how good your team is, only to lose to RPI at home.....just sayin'. And again, I think SCSU is a better team than RPI, and should have swept.

Silly SCSU fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              They're the #1 team in the country. They should beat us.

For all SCSU's huffing and puffing about how good your team is, only to lose to RPI at home.....just sayin'. And again, I think SCSU is a better team than RPI, and should have swept.

Silly SCSU fans.
                              Yes we should have swept.
                              We didn't.
                              Big deal.
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Yes we should have swept.
                                We didn't.
                                Big deal.
                                Then (not directed at you) why the non-relevant MN dig?

Comment

Working...
                                X