Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI @ SCSU (Thursday 12/27 & Friday 12/28)

If you don't believe me watch the video. He jumps and crosschecks him then lands on him and wraps him up. I guess because his legs went out when a player is on top of him means he is diving while his head is being driven into the boards when both arms are on him. The crosscheck pushed him forward and the landing on him pulled him down.

BTW, Kasdorf's injury was trying to make the save on Beniks miss of the wide open net. He threw his arm out right to try to stop the puck with his stick and then the stick spun on him awkwardly to the inside hurting his shoulder.

Comment

I saw what hockeykrazy saw on the video board at the game. I didn't think it was embellishment, which is uncharacteristic of Gravel.
      SCSU didn't deserve to win. They showed up during the first period and mentally hung up their skates, or so it appeared.
      Props to the RPI fans who made the visit. I wasn't expecting nearly that many RPI fans to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
        I saw what hockeykrazy saw on the video board at the game. I didn't think it was embellishment, which is uncharacteristic of Gravel.
        SCSU didn't deserve to win. They showed up during the first period and mentally hung up their skates, or so it appeared.
        Props to the RPI fans who made the visit. I wasn't expecting nearly that many RPI fans to show up.
        Good to hear that there were RPI fans there. I noted on the game thread that I did not hear "Red" in the anthem. A lot were probably RPI alums and students who live in Minnesota.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Good to hear that there were RPI fans there. I noted on the game thread that I did not hear "Red" in the anthem. A lot were probably RPI alums and students who live in Minnesota.
          Two were Jeff Foss and Bryan Brutlag. http://***********/SethAppert/status/284556042694717440. In nice trip for Foss if he is still in Moorhead.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            If anything, we've just seriously raised the ECAC stock. SCSU has been kicking *** in the WCHA, we beat SCSU, and the rest of the ECAC has been kicking our ***. You're welcome, other ECAC teams.
            Looking at the PWR at the moment, and yes I realize it is still early, RPI is one of 8 ECAC teams making the list. Six would make the tourney with three from each of the HEA, WCHA, and CCHA, plus Niagara. There won't be that many, but if the ECAC can continue at this level, four is definitely quite possible.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
              Sounds like a case of fans seeing what they want to see.
              I do it all the time.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                I usually will not yell "Red" unless there is a decent contingent there who normally does. Although if they're going to do that really stupid "and the home of the Huskies", it may be in order.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                  Sounds like a case of fans seeing what they want to see.
                  I do it all the time.
                  It could also be a case of angles. The hit was at the board nearest to me, so the different angle where they get a full view of the RPI player can provide a different outlook. I'm not ruling out anything that HK or Husky said, but there was a very distinct beat of time between the hit and the drop to the knees.

Comment

I usually will not yell "Red" unless there is a decent contingent there who normally does. Although if they're going to do that really stupid "and the home of the Huskies", it may be in order.
                    So you guys yelling red is fine but us yelling huskies is stupid?
                    Nice logic.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                      So you guys yelling red is fine but us yelling huskies is stupid?
                      Nice logic.
                      At least what we yell exists in the song.

Comment

It could also be a case of angles. The hit was at the board nearest to me, so the different angle where they get a full view of the RPI player can provide a different outlook. I'm not ruling out anything that HK or Husky said, but there was a very distinct beat of time between the hit and the drop to the knees.
                        My angle was from center ice and it looked like he jumped up and tried to mount his back, piggy back ride, that's why I thought it looked so strange. Thinking about it, he was probably was doing all he could to avoid checking from behind but was going too fast. Boarding was the right call since his helmet was smeared along the boards.

I would still like to see what happened to Dowd earlier, he was just off camera skating by Zalewski, then he was down and skated off to the bench, announcer said it was his knee.
                        Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM.

Comment

At least what we yell exists in the song.
                          Sad part is that you do have a point.
                          Originally posted by Skeeterman
                          Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                          "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Highlights from yesterday's game...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vs...e_gdata_player via RPI's Perry Laskaris on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by REDaero91 View Post
                              Highlights from yesterday's game...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_vs...e_gdata_player via RPI's Perry Laskaris on Twitter.
                              Thanks for the link-seems like all the goals were pretty much earned. MB(not Mercedes Benz but Milos Bubela) really has quite a little snap shot there). We appear to have a kid with quite an upside potential.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

As a Husky fan, I think yelling "home of the Huskies" is stupid and I will not do it for the 1,326th consecutive time tonight at the game.

Go Huskies, get a win tonight!
                                President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Working...
                                X