No announcement yet.

Mariucci Classic: Minnesota - Air Force - Boston College - UAH 12/29-12/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mariucci Classic: Minnesota - Air Force - Boston College - UAH 12/29-12/20

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
    Both Gopher games will be on FSN.

If you can't get FSN they also have a directors cut on their web site that shows the Gopher games as well (from the directors view)

http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/...key_livestream.
    Driftryer...help me out here. The directors cut page is just a promo page. Where do you actually get the game? Searched the site and cannot find it.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
      BC's gonna own Minne tomorrow!
      BC is like Chuck Norris wearing Mr T's gold chains and also being the most interesting hockey team in the world.

BC 2809643
      MN -1
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        BC is like Chuck Norris wearing Mr T's gold chains and also being the most interesting hockey team in the world.

BC 2809643
        MN -1
        Optimist.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
        And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
        Twenty red lights in his honor
        Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Stealing from myself:

It wasn't wicked pretty, but they did some things I hoped for:

-Win by at least 4
          -Finish the game. While the third wasn't their best period they outscored AFA by 2
          -Get some dirty goals
          -Never let the game be in doubt

It was efficient if not spectacular but they didn't need to be. Probably played it somewhat close to the vest in lieu of tomorrow night's matchup against the beast from the East.

Comment

Three cheers for Threecox!
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

watched the 3rd period of Minn/AF and the announcers spent half the period at least juicing themselves about Sunday night's "earth moving event" as it was again called. Is this the Frozen Four or something? I mean i'm looking forward to it for sure but come on!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                watched the 3rd period of Minn/AF and the announcers spent half the period at least juicing themselves about Sunday night's "earth moving event" as it was again called. Is this the Frozen Four or something? I mean i'm looking forward to it for sure but come on!
                I wouldn't call it an "earth moving event", but tonight's game has an interesting story line as a rematch of last years FF semi and a classic battle between two top ranked teams with excellent records over the last 10 games: BC: 8-1-1, MN: 6-1-3. The goalie duel is nearly dead even on SV%: Milner: .924, Wilcox: .923.

BC has played a few top 10 ranked teams (e.g. Dartmouth, Notre Dame, and Boston University), whereas the Gophers have not. So the game is especially significant for the Gophers to have the #1 ranked team in their building as a litmus test of their current level of performance.

There's no doubt BC is an excellent team, but they're minus Gaudreau, and Alber, a senior leader on the backline out for the season, so BC is looking at a very young D corp with 4 freshman D in the lineup. So this will also be a big test for BC as well to see who will step up. The Gophers lost one D to WJC, but are very deep in that category anyway. If the Gophers can jump out to an early lead, play solid, physical D and a good transition game, I like our chances.

Go Gophers!

Comment

Not sure if the Alber injury will force Macleod to play as he was a late scratch last night with a bad shoulder. Either way, BC is going to be REAL young on Defense and without their one superstar Gaudreau. Throw in the fact that it's at MN combined the revenge factor and I think it will be real tough for BC to win this game.

Comment

With Gaudreau I would say BC would be the favorite, but without (and the added misfortune of being down Alber) this game is a tossup at best. Should be an INCREDIBLE game; I am beyond excited for this one.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      You do realize that TV stations benefit by the more viewers they have, so it is in their best interest to hype games they show, don't you?

Comment

You can still do that without extreme hyperbole.

I think minny wins 4-3

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          You can still do that without extreme hyperbole.

I think minny wins 4-3
                          Hyperbole apparently is a new concept in advertising and marketing. I guess they're innovators.

Comment

Never said it was a new concept. No need to get all defensive here.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Never said it was a new concept. No need to get all defensive here.
                              Pointing out a flaw is not being defensive.

Here's to a hopefully great game.

Comment

I hope for a good game, too.

However, based on WCHA out of conference performance this season, I think it's a "down" year in the WCHA and even though BC is a little shorthanded, I find myself really wondering about this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X