No announcement yet.

Mariucci Classic: Minnesota - Air Force - Boston College - UAH 12/29-12/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mariucci Classic: Minnesota - Air Force - Boston College - UAH 12/29-12/20

Originally posted by REDMEN2002 View Post
    From what i understand, BC's allotment of tickets had sold out so i would imagine there will be a few BC fans in attendance, although i'm unsure if any of them are posters here.
    They could have gone to local alumni. I know a few Eagle alums in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
      They could have gone to local alumni. I know a few Eagle alums in the area.
      How big is the Sit family?
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        How big is the Sit family?
        Pretty dam big, from what I hear. I don't know them though...

Comment

So these games are happening soon.
          the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            So these games are happening soon.
            According to the title, we missed one a week ago....And if that was the second game, and the first hasn't happened yet, was there time travel involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Koho View Post
              According to the title, we missed one a week ago....And if that was the second game, and the first hasn't happened yet, was there time travel involved?
              I'll tweet Chris Hardwick. I'm pretty sure he knows Dr. Who.
              the state of hockey is good

Comment

This weekend at Mariucci will feature some of the best fast break and skillful college hockey action in the country with important Pairwise implications on the line as well. I would consider the Gophers to be the odds on favorite on home ice to win both games which should help energize the team going into the Notre Dame game on Jan. 8 and then WCHA play with 5/6 games on home ice throughout Jan.

Nov. - Dec. Record

BC: 7-1-1 (.778)
                MN: 7-2-3 (.583)
                AFA: 4-5-1 (.400)
                ALA: 2-10 (.166)

Air Force Academy Falcons

GF: 3.06, GA: 2.88

The GF and GA are fairly close and as a result AFA has lost some close games (4/5 losses in one goal games) mainly due to poor defensive effort and inconsistent play this season. Moreover, they’ve struggled significantly when outshot by their opponent resulting in 10/12 losses.

Minnesota Golden Gophers

GF: 3.35, GA: 2.00

In contrast, the Gophers have won 4/5 one goal games this season and have posted an 11-1-3 record this season when outshooting their opponent. The Gophers have also been successful in holding the lead in the 1st and 2nd period resulting in an outstanding 8-1-1 (1) and 7-1-0 (2) record.

For the Golden Gophers to win both games they’ll need to stay consistent on D, play the full 60 minutes and pick up the scoring in the third which has dropped significantly by comparison from last season. Their flat performance in their loss to BC in the FF semis last season left a bitter taste and is still etched on the minds of returning Gopher players. It would be nice to see the Bjugs, Rau, and Budish line reunited for their chance at a little redemption in this classic battle of the #4 ranked Gophers vs. #1 ranked BC on Sunday night.

Boston College Eagles

GF: 3.57, GA: 2.29

BC does not have many weaknesses, although they’ve shown some recent D breakdowns in transition against BU in a loss and in their own zone against Providence recently resulting in BC blowing a two goal lead in the third with 10 seconds left for a T. BC will be without leading scorer, playmaker and potential Hobey Baker candidate, Johnny Gaudreau (WJC) with Destry Straight (3-1-4) possibly being bumped up to play on the 1st line with top scorers Mulhane (7-12-19) and Whitney (7-9-16).

Without Gaudreau’s excellent playmaking and goal scoring skills, BC’s #5 ranked offense may struggle finding the twine against the Gopher’s #7 ranked D which has held opponents to 1 goal in 3 of its last 7 contests.

Alabama Huntsville Chargers

GF: 1.44, GA: 4.00

The Chargers are lacking a charge this season again, and rank 58th out of 59 NCAA D1 teams in both offense and defense. They’re 0-11-0 when trailing after the 1st and 2nd periods. Even without the services of Johnny Gaudreau, BC will have no problem extinguishing the Chargers.

Comment

Gameday!

http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m...122712aaa.html
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                    About time!
                    @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                    On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                    High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
                      This weekend at Mariucci will feature some of the best fast break and skillful college hockey action in the country with important Pairwise implications on the line as well. I would consider the Gophers to be the odds on favorite on home ice to win both games which should help energize the team going into the Notre Dame game on Jan. 8 and then WCHA play with 5/6 games on home ice throughout Jan.
                      Bwahahahahaha!
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                        Bwahahahahaha!
                        We are going to miss you next year.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                          We are going to miss you next year.
                          He didn't realize "Jan" meant January.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                          Twenty red lights in his honor
                          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Congratulations to Jerry York.

Huge achievement.

Comment

BC's gonna own Minne tomorrow!
                              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Let it be known that Uncle Ray is a Maine fan

With Patch Alber's pregame injury, BC will have one senior dman in the lineup...the rest will be freshmen. Will be very difficult to beat Minny.

Comment

Working...
                                X