Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSSU vs. NMU first team to 2 goals wins.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU vs. NMU first team to 2 goals wins.....

It sounds like they are defending ccha ref's to me. That's something that I would never have expected from either teams fans.
    BLEED BLUE

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
      It sounds like they are defending ccha ref's to me. That's something that I would never have expected from either teams fans.
      I missed Friday night's game, but I thought Saturday's officiating was okay. The only play that baffled me was when there was a delayed penalty, NMU scored, and they still got the power play after that. I guess I don't know the rule.

Comment

It is a new rule.
        BLEED BLUE

Comment

I know NMU got robbed of an icing call late in Saturday's game.

I was very surprised Doan didn't get the start for NMU Saturday. Is he really bad in practice like Ravn is for the Lakers?
          LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

In the CCHA:

NMU is #1 in Penalty minutes and #11 on the PK.

NMU is #10 in scoring and #10 giving them up.

So, that being said, whether the officiating is good or bad or NMU's offense and defense are capable or not, they have a lot of work to do and a lot of ground to make up in the standings to make something of this season.

Whether a goaltending change would help or not, I don't know. But, some kind of adjustment seems in order at this point.
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by PerkyforPrez View Post
              No defending of refs...I thought some calls were bad, some were good, like a pretty average night in the CCHA, to be honest.

But the whining and crying by the play-by-play guy was so over the top and melodramatic. It was unbearable. It's not like he was complaining about the officiating as a whole, but just the penalties against LSSU and any contact that didn't get called on NMU.

At one point I recall him saying something like: "That is the FOURTH penalty in a row on LSSU, UNBELIEVABLE", pause, then say: "Penalties are now four a piece." He also complained about several penalties, then admitted he didn't see them.

What's the whole point of announcing if you're just going to spout your inner monologue rather than actually narrate the game with some type of realistic analysis?

On another note, LSSU looked a Hell of a lot better than NMU for most of the weekend. This is especially true of the goaltending/defense. I suspect NMU really needs the time off to regroup after this weekend.
              Wildcat Hockey!

B.S. NMU 11'
              M.B.A. Marquette University 13'

Comment

I don't know . . . I guess I'd be more worried about NMU's team on the ice, than about the LSSU announcer's obvious dislike for NMU.

And for the record, Crawford has taken a lot of heat over the years for being not biased enough towards LSSU. I suspect he just doesn't care for NMU. And what do you expect? We're supposed to be rivals. Its almost funny that a few NMU folks are upset that the broadcaster for their rival school, calling a game between the two rival schools, is biased. Again,what did you expect.

And for the record, again, I am in that class of person who likes a good biased announcer. I like the Hawk in Chicago because he's so over the top. You can listen to bland Mario Impemba and his thousands of clones call game after game, and you can't tell the difference between Detroit, Pittsburgh, baseball, basketball, or soccer. Nothing wrong with personality. It can't all just become bland, corporate, non-offensive, white-bread, stale . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Lakerblue View Post
                  I don't know . . . I guess I'd be more worried about NMU's team on the ice, than about the LSSU announcer's obvious dislike for NMU.

And for the record, Crawford has taken a lot of heat over the years for being not biased enough towards LSSU. I suspect he just doesn't care for NMU. And what do you expect? We're supposed to be rivals. Its almost funny that a few NMU folks are upset that the broadcaster for their rival school, calling a game between the two rival schools, is biased. Again,what did you expect.

And for the record, again, I am in that class of person who likes a good biased announcer. I like the Hawk in Chicago because he's so over the top. You can listen to bland Mario Impemba and his thousands of clones call game after game, and you can't tell the difference between Detroit, Pittsburgh, baseball, basketball, or soccer. Nothing wrong with personality. It can't all just become bland, corporate, non-offensive, white-bread, stale . . .
                  I know I haven't made any friends in Ann Arbor when when their fans pick up the NMU feed! Each local broadcaster generally will sound a bit biased simply because he is far more familiar and far more emotionally invested in his own program. If I were to call a Bemidji St vs. Ferris State game for an independent network sometime in the future. I'd sound very neutral. Northern vs anyone for an independent network, I'd still sound a bit biased simply because of familiarity with NMU and it's history. I'd probably sound slightly biased with Tech or LSSU against anyone else, or a CCHA team against a team from out East. Bill has taken a bit of heat from some who don't find him biased enough toward LSSU. I root root root for the Wildcats, but when it comes to what is actually happening on the ice, I try to be as honest as possible. For my money, Bill is a pro and a pleasure to share the press box with.
                  "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Congratulations to Perfetto for getting CCHA Offensive Player of the Week. Also congrats to Kapalka for getting CCHA Goaltender of the Week!
                    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Working...
                    X