• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duder
    replied
    Re: CC @ SCSU: Goalie, Sieve, Tiger in a Box

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Milan in his place I assume?
    From what it looked like based on practice today.

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied

Milan in his place I assume?

Leave a comment:

• Duder
    replied

SC Times is saying Benik is sitting out another series.

Leave a comment:

• The Exiled One
    replied

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    Hatten's lineup guess

Kalle Kossila-Drew LeBlanc-Jonny Brodzinski
    Ben Hanowski-Nic Dowd-David Morley
    Joey Benik-Cory Thorson-Brooks Bertsch
    Nick Oliver-Jimmy Murray-Joey Holka
    Bertsch out of the doghouse.

Milan and Rehkamp (fast, hardworking, less playmaking) on the bench.

Based on the guys sitting out, at first blush it looks like they're trying to get more scoring from all lines. However, Oliver and Holka are bangers and Murray is no pushover either... still a solid, prototypical fourth line.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Hatten's lineup guess

Kalle Kossila-Drew LeBlanc-Jonny Brodzinski
    Ben Hanowski-Nic Dowd-David Morley
    Joey Benik-Cory Thorson-Brooks Bertsch
    Nick Oliver-Jimmy Murray-Joey Holka

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
    It's kind of hard now that Benik is back. But I( if I were coach for a day) would have at least rewarded him earlier to at least 3rd line over Holka, Bertsch and Oliver (just to see how it would work). I would even swap Brodzinski to get a grinder matched with some of our skill guys, moving him down to help out the 3rd.

Murray's effort should also be rewarded. Not sure if I would swap with Thorson but it would be interesting to see him with LeBlanc and Kossila earlier over Brodzinski.

I suppose the left handed sticks wouldn't work on the right side but I would still like to see the effort rewarded somehow. It also keeps the motivation/effort up for everyone if suddenly they aren't so secure with someone nipping right behind them.

Rewarding is fine, but again, where do they go?
    Murray is on the 3rd line now and he isn't going to replace anyone in the top 6.
    Milan could replace Murray on the 3rd line but that means dropping Murray, as Holka and Thorson work well together on that line.
    Sometimes it's not about rewarding guys, but guys playing their roles and Milan's role right now is a 4th liner.
    Besides, he could be "rewarded" with Benik as his center this weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

Nope, typed it from my phone and it autocorrected. Also capitalized jersey for some reason....
    Whew. I'll allow it!

Leave a comment:

• SCSU Euro
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Benji? Benik hasn't even played and he has a terrible nickname? Who are we...the Gophers?
    Nope, typed it from my phone and it autocorrected. Also capitalized jersey for some reason....

Leave a comment:

• Dude Love
    replied

I don't think so but with Benji back who do you sit? Rehkamp? Bertsch? Milan? I say that the depth is great and Friday night you sit whoever put in the least amount of work during practices that week. Then Saturday sit whoever looked the laziest Friday. And if the name on his Jersey is Hanowski, LeBlanc, Dowd, so be it. Send a message that anyone can sit with this talent and depth
    Benji? Benik hasn't even played and he has a terrible nickname? Who are we...the Gophers?

Leave a comment:

• Zygote
    replied

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
    With just a tad more skill, Milan would be a dangerous weapon for SCSU. Not sure if anyone on the top two lines could guess just where he will be on any given rush! Yes, love the energy, the hits on the opponent's big guys, the speed, etc.

We all like the size of Holka and Oliver, but there would be some options.

Right now, I like Milan on the 4th line.
    Spot on. Milan is an energy guy, perfectly suited for forth line play. Every time he hits the ice he is noticeable, and hopefully the other guys on the bench take notice of what that kid does when he gets the little ice time that he does. Rather than switch up his line mates, I'd say just run this line more when the rest of the lines aren't pulling their weight.

I think Euro got it right: bench whoever is phoning it in during practice and give Benik a shot on Friday. Repeat on Saturday. Ice time is a privilege, not a right.

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

It's kind of hard now that Benik is back. But I( if I were coach for a day) would have at least rewarded him earlier to at least 3rd line over Holka, Bertsch and Oliver (just to see how it would work). I would even swap Brodzinski to get a grinder matched with some of our skill guys, moving him down to help out the 3rd.

Murray's effort should also be rewarded. Not sure if I would swap with Thorson but it would be interesting to see him with LeBlanc and Kossila earlier over Brodzinski.

I suppose the left handed sticks wouldn't work on the right side but I would still like to see the effort rewarded somehow. It also keeps the motivation/effort up for everyone if suddenly they aren't so secure with someone nipping right behind them.
    Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• The Boomer
    replied

With just a tad more skill, Milan would be a dangerous weapon for SCSU. Not sure if anyone on the top two lines could guess just where he will be on any given rush! Yes, love the energy, the hits on the opponent's big guys, the speed, etc.

We all like the size of Holka and Oliver, but there would be some options.

Right now, I like Milan on the 4th line.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
    I would like to see Milan rewarded and moved up a few lines like Bertsch was earlier. He has created a bunch of grade A chances on his own and it would be interesting to see what he could do with some guys that can set him up.
    Who moves down then?

Leave a comment:

• hockeykrazy
    replied

I would like to see Milan rewarded and moved up a few lines like Bertsch was earlier. He has created a bunch of grade A chances on his own and it would be interesting to see what he could do with some guys that can set him up.

Leave a comment:

• First Time, Long Time
    replied
    Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    Has Bertsch been so bad this year that they'd sit him? I recall him having a pretty strong finish to last year.
    In my opinion, yes.
    He has one goal, one assist, is a -1 and unlike Milan, isn't physical and unlike Rehkamp, can't be anything but a wing.
    I can't think of one game I thought Bertsch stood out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X