CC @ SCSU: Goalie, Sieve, Tiger in a Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC @ SCSU: Goalie, Sieve, Tiger in a Box

Has Bertsch been so bad this year that they'd sit him? I recall him having a pretty strong finish to last year.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
      Has Bertsch been so bad this year that they'd sit him? I recall him having a pretty strong finish to last year.
      I don't think so but with Benji back who do you sit? Rehkamp? Bertsch? Milan? I say that the depth is great and Friday night you sit whoever put in the least amount of work during practices that week. Then Saturday sit whoever looked the laziest Friday. And if the name on his Jersey is Hanowski, LeBlanc, Dowd, so be it. Send a message that anyone can sit with this talent and depth
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

In my opinion, yes.
        He has one goal, one assist, is a -1 and unlike Milan, isn't physical and unlike Rehkamp, can't be anything but a wing.
        I can't think of one game I thought Bertsch stood out.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
        Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
        Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
        Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
        Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

I would like to see Milan rewarded and moved up a few lines like Bertsch was earlier. He has created a bunch of grade A chances on his own and it would be interesting to see what he could do with some guys that can set him up.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
            I would like to see Milan rewarded and moved up a few lines like Bertsch was earlier. He has created a bunch of grade A chances on his own and it would be interesting to see what he could do with some guys that can set him up.
            Who moves down then?
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

With just a tad more skill, Milan would be a dangerous weapon for SCSU. Not sure if anyone on the top two lines could guess just where he will be on any given rush! Yes, love the energy, the hits on the opponent's big guys, the speed, etc.

We all like the size of Holka and Oliver, but there would be some options.

Right now, I like Milan on the 4th line.

Comment

It's kind of hard now that Benik is back. But I( if I were coach for a day) would have at least rewarded him earlier to at least 3rd line over Holka, Bertsch and Oliver (just to see how it would work). I would even swap Brodzinski to get a grinder matched with some of our skill guys, moving him down to help out the 3rd.

Murray's effort should also be rewarded. Not sure if I would swap with Thorson but it would be interesting to see him with LeBlanc and Kossila earlier over Brodzinski.

I suppose the left handed sticks wouldn't work on the right side but I would still like to see the effort rewarded somehow. It also keeps the motivation/effort up for everyone if suddenly they aren't so secure with someone nipping right behind them.
                Last edited by hockeykrazy; 12-12-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boomer View Post
                  With just a tad more skill, Milan would be a dangerous weapon for SCSU. Not sure if anyone on the top two lines could guess just where he will be on any given rush! Yes, love the energy, the hits on the opponent's big guys, the speed, etc.

We all like the size of Holka and Oliver, but there would be some options.

Right now, I like Milan on the 4th line.
                  Spot on. Milan is an energy guy, perfectly suited for forth line play. Every time he hits the ice he is noticeable, and hopefully the other guys on the bench take notice of what that kid does when he gets the little ice time that he does. Rather than switch up his line mates, I'd say just run this line more when the rest of the lines aren't pulling their weight.

I think Euro got it right: bench whoever is phoning it in during practice and give Benik a shot on Friday. Repeat on Saturday. Ice time is a privilege, not a right.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                    I don't think so but with Benji back who do you sit? Rehkamp? Bertsch? Milan? I say that the depth is great and Friday night you sit whoever put in the least amount of work during practices that week. Then Saturday sit whoever looked the laziest Friday. And if the name on his Jersey is Hanowski, LeBlanc, Dowd, so be it. Send a message that anyone can sit with this talent and depth
                    Benji? Benik hasn't even played and he has a terrible nickname? Who are we...the Gophers?

Comment

Benji? Benik hasn't even played and he has a terrible nickname? Who are we...the Gophers?
                      Nope, typed it from my phone and it autocorrected. Also capitalized jersey for some reason....
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                        Nope, typed it from my phone and it autocorrected. Also capitalized jersey for some reason....
                        Whew. I'll allow it!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
                          It's kind of hard now that Benik is back. But I( if I were coach for a day) would have at least rewarded him earlier to at least 3rd line over Holka, Bertsch and Oliver (just to see how it would work). I would even swap Brodzinski to get a grinder matched with some of our skill guys, moving him down to help out the 3rd.

Murray's effort should also be rewarded. Not sure if I would swap with Thorson but it would be interesting to see him with LeBlanc and Kossila earlier over Brodzinski.

I suppose the left handed sticks wouldn't work on the right side but I would still like to see the effort rewarded somehow. It also keeps the motivation/effort up for everyone if suddenly they aren't so secure with someone nipping right behind them.

Rewarding is fine, but again, where do they go?
                          Murray is on the 3rd line now and he isn't going to replace anyone in the top 6.
                          Milan could replace Murray on the 3rd line but that means dropping Murray, as Holka and Thorson work well together on that line.
                          Sometimes it's not about rewarding guys, but guys playing their roles and Milan's role right now is a 4th liner.
                          Besides, he could be "rewarded" with Benik as his center this weekend.
                          -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                          Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Hatten's lineup guess

Kalle Kossila-Drew LeBlanc-Jonny Brodzinski
                            Ben Hanowski-Nic Dowd-David Morley
                            Joey Benik-Cory Thorson-Brooks Bertsch
                            Nick Oliver-Jimmy Murray-Joey Holka
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                              Hatten's lineup guess

Kalle Kossila-Drew LeBlanc-Jonny Brodzinski
                              Ben Hanowski-Nic Dowd-David Morley
                              Joey Benik-Cory Thorson-Brooks Bertsch
                              Nick Oliver-Jimmy Murray-Joey Holka
                              Bertsch out of the doghouse.

Milan and Rehkamp (fast, hardworking, less playmaking) on the bench.

Based on the guys sitting out, at first blush it looks like they're trying to get more scoring from all lines. However, Oliver and Holka are bangers and Murray is no pushover either... still a solid, prototypical fourth line.
                              scsuhockey.com
                              CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

SC Times is saying Benik is sitting out another series.

Comment

Working...
                                X