Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC @ SCSU: Goalie, Sieve, Tiger in a Box

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    Since we won't see any CC fans until Thursday...
    Hi from the Rockies
    Very clever thread title
    CC takes 4 points

(now back to that d00bie)

Comment

Dang... ron ruined it. However, since s o h posted multiple times I am counting MSUM in there too. We ALMOST got all the MN and ND schools in there first.

SCSU hasn't been swept since they traveled to play UNH... CC is no UNH. I would be SHOCKED by that outcome.

And you forgot "gh" from your Hi.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post

SCSU hasn't been swept since they traveled to play UNH... CC is no UNH. I would be SHOCKED by that outcome.
        Stranger things have happened. For instance, MSUM is sitting in third place in the WCHA.
        A sweep would be nice, but I am thinking 3 points for SCSU this weekend.

Comment

Well one thing is for sure, if the Huskies get an early lead I hope they don't start playing like it's in the bag as they have in previous years. Hopefully the good Husky team dresses and they play a solid 60 minute game.

Either way, probably going to be a fun series to watch, a lot more fun if the Huskies come out with 4 though.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
            Very sad... There may not be many of of us here but there is no reason to hate. At least we don't start ridiculous threads of self praise like some other fan bases...
            Well, not lately anyway.

Comment

I think that CC and SCSU are two teams who are both trying to find their identity as a team. Both have the potential to be a pretty **** good hockey team at the end of the season, but both teams have shown that their may be something missing on a given night. Don't know what to think of this series. I would bet on a split, but could see a sweep for either team.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFan89 View Post
                I think that CC and SCSU are two teams who are both trying to find their identity as a team. Both have the potential to be a pretty **** good hockey team at the end of the season, but both teams have shown that their may be something missing on a given night. Don't know what to think of this series. I would bet on a split, but could see a sweep for either team.
                You would not want to play the Tigers in the NCAA Tourney as BC found out two years ago when CC tagged them for an eight-ball. But getting into the Tournament has proven harder for CC in recent seasons than scoring in the first period this season.

CC is about to spend a month on the road. Should be an interesting journey.

Comment

CC has been plagued with inconsistent goaltending and defensive struggles all year. Howe will start Friday with Thorimbert on Saturday (most likely). Either goaltender can steal a game but both have struggled at times this year. The defensive play has been subpar for much of the season. The Minnesota series was better but CC gave up almost 90 shots on goal each of the previous two weekends. Nodak and Minnesota smothered CC in the defensive zone and created a lot of scoring chances. CC's first periods are generally pretty awful. They have been outscored heavily in the opening frame. They have balanced scoring and seem to score in bunches when they do heat up.

Comment

According to Gibbons at the coaches show last night, Morley and Gravel are fine and will be ready for this weekend.
                    Gibbons did notice that we have had a few guys run this year after putting up some good numbers against opponents (Hanowski vs Mankato and Morley vs Omaha) which led Lyons to wonder if the refs really were focusing on player safety as both of those hits were late and well after the puck had left and in the case of Morley, from the blind side and high.
                    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

SCSU 2015-16 scoring by class through 40 games
                    Seniors: 210 points (71G, 139A) from 5 players
                    Juniors: 39 points (8G, 31A) from 4 players
                    Sophomores: 99 points (49G, 50A) from 5 players
                    Freshmen: 129 points (43G, 86A) from 8 players

Comment

Benik is expected to make his Huskies debut this weekend. Hatter reported that he wore a no contact jersey at practice today, but went through all the drills with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Pump It Up View Post
                        Benik is expected to make his Huskies debut this weekend. Hatter reported that he wore a no contact jersey at practice today, but went through all the drills with the team.
                        He is practicing as though he will play but he has to be cleared first and that's not a for sure thing.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

If Joey plays, who sits? Just looking for opinions.
                          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
                            If Joey plays, who sits? Just looking for opinions.
                            Milan, Bertsch, or Rehkamp probably.
                            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                            Grandma ~ Jan 2004

Comment

I vote for Bertsch or Rehkamp. I like how hard Milan works when he is out there, so I want to see him stay. Rehkamp is a work horse as well but he only had one spectacular night and has a -5 right now overall, which is the lowest on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Husky13 View Post
                                I vote for Bertsch or Rehkamp. I like how hard Milan works when he is out there, so I want to see him stay. Rehkamp is a work horse as well but he only had one spectacular night and has a -5 right now overall, which is the lowest on the team.
                                Agreed, Milan may not have put a lot of points up this year but he does work his tail off out there. He isn't afraid to use his body and throw some checks (or try to at least) either, which is something some of the bigger guys could learn from.

Comment

Working...
                                X