Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Denver @ North Dakota - December 7-8

DU fans, any of the 11 of you have any inside information on this Quentin Shore matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      I think JDUBBS created SaintCloudGopher to divert attention away from himself.
      Wouldn't surprise me.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I'm interested in this series. Should be very physical, and of course, the newer rivalry factor. It's at UND, so it will be televised on FCS (in MN, anyway) if you have the sports packages. I assume it'll be on FNS Rocky Mountain whatever in CO. Wish I could see it.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by as15 View Post
          DU fans, any of the 11 of you have any inside information on this Quentin Shore matter?
          Nada, only that Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News tweeted that Quentin may leave DU for Portland. Supposedly Q was at practice at DU today.

DU Game Notes for this weekend's series.
          Last edited by du78; 12-04-2012, 09:49 PM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
            Nada, only that Ryan Kennedy of The Hockey News tweeted that Quentin may leave DU for Portland. Supposedly Q was at practice at DU today.

DU Game Notes for this weekend's series.
            And here are UND game notes - http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205820608

BTW, I see that according to the DU game notes, DU beat UND at the Final Five last March. I think I watched a different game.
            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

It just an odd situation, its always disappointing to lose players early, even worse at mid-season. Hopefully its just a rumor, but either way we should learn more in the next few days I would guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                And here are UND game notes - http://www.undsports.com/ViewArticle...CLID=205820608

BTW, I see that according to the DU game notes, DU beat UND at the Final Five last March. I think I watched a different game.
                I think I watched the same game as you.
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Are there any updates about Quentin Shore leaving or commenting on the reports?
                  "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                  Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                  The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                  Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
                    Are there any updates about Quentin Shore leaving or commenting on the reports?
                    Nope and I'm guessing that it was probably a case Shore & Seth Jones texting each other or another form of social media that was misconstrued by Portland management. Seth last Tweeted Quentin on Nov. 30th.

Hard to see a scenario where a player would leave his hometown school, leave his brother on the team and not have his parents watch his home games, have Mom on standby for meatloaf & laundry, just to score a few more goals in the WHL. Maybe I could see it if he had no goals, was buried on the fourth line or was a poor student.

He's draft eligible this year and an A+ recommendation from Gwozdecky probably carries as much wight as scoring 10 extra goals & 20 extra assists in the WHL.

I'll go out on a limb & predict that Sammie gets the start on Friday and depending on how he does, Saturday's starter will be a game time decision.
                    Last edited by dggoddard; 12-05-2012, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Quentin probably just hates DU and was pressured to go there by his loser brothers. He now regrets this decision and is therefore dropping out of school to go play for Portland. Quentin will have learned a valuable life lesson out of this situation though, never listen to a DU student/grad/alum/fan/supporter.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                        Quentin probably just hates DU and was pressured to go there by his loser brothers. He now regrets this decision and is therefore dropping out of school to go play for Portland. Quentin will have learned a valuable life lesson out of this situation though, never listen to a DU student/grad/alum/fan/supporter.
                        Probably right.

He'll probably score three goals this weekend and discover that although he hates DU, crushing the spirit North Dakota and their loser fans is so much fun.
                        Last edited by dggoddard; 12-05-2012, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I never really found Slap Shot that funny.
                          About as funny as a bad case of hemorrhoids.
                          Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                          Eric's Twitter
                          The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                            Probably right.

He'll probably score three goals this weekend and discover that although he hates DU, crushing the spirit North Dakota and their loser fans is so much fun.
                            Well lucky for him he's a got 3.5 years of eligibility to enjoy more of this:

"The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                            Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                            The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by Goon View Post
                              About as funny as a bad case of hemorrhoids.
                              I'll take your word on that Goon and assume you are an expert on that subject.
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I'll take your word on that Goon and assume you are an expert on that subject.
                                This might be the funniest thing you have ever posted. Well done.
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X