Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
    huskyfan started it.
    thank you

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Re: MTU at NMU 12/04/12: WOOF!

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
    you might be taking the commercial a little too seriously.

Speaking of stupid commercials, I hate that Jared Diamonds one where the couple gets engaged on a plane! Who gets in engaged on a plane?!

I'm sure you're more than qualified. And you live only an hour away!
    Someone who wants to join the Mile-High Club?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    That commercial for the XXL Nachos, or whatever it's called, really annoys me. Like anyone leaves a steakhouse to go to Taco Bell to get steak nachos. Judging by his hand motions the guy presumably wanted a big steak and therefore was at a steakhouse. So why would he leave the steakhouse only to go to Taco Bell where he gets a bunch of nacho, but almost certainly less steak? Common sense tells us that any steak at a steakhouse will be better than anything you can get at Taco Bell. And you can get a steak that is larger than a pound which is what the XXL Nachos are advertised as weighing. This tells us that the amount of food the guy is looking for can be satisfied by either the steakhouse or Taco Bell. So why would this guy get up and leave with no warning? And when he gets up to leave his friends don't even seem to notice or care. What the hell?
    you might be taking the commercial a little too seriously.

Speaking of stupid commercials, I hate that Jared Diamonds one where the couple gets engaged on a plane! Who gets in engaged on a plane?!

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
    Taco Bell...Taco Bell...Taco Bell...can't any of you get a job at the Ambassador and get me a pizza and a fishbowl?
    I'm sure you're more than qualified. And you live only an hour away!

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And none of that changes the fact that the vast majority of NMU graduates that I've ever interacted with have been service employees whether it be the guy from ZeroRes that came to clean my Fiancee's carpet or the cashier at Home Depot.
    A few years ago (five or six), the guy who used to drive my express bus in to downtown Minneapolis has a master's from NMU. I only found out because my mom's friend - a high school dropout - is/was his boss and she was ranting about the guy when she saw me getting on his bus the one day. I don't know if the driver was able to keep his job or not.

Just sayin'.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

It wasn't as good I hoped. Doritos are amazing but that was meh.
    That commercial for the XXL Nachos, or whatever it's called, really annoys me. Like anyone leaves a steakhouse to go to Taco Bell to get steak nachos. Judging by his hand motions the guy presumably wanted a big steak and therefore was at a steakhouse. So why would he leave the steakhouse only to go to Taco Bell where he gets a bunch of nacho, but almost certainly less steak? Common sense tells us that any steak at a steakhouse will be better than anything you can get at Taco Bell. And you can get a steak that is larger than a pound which is what the XXL Nachos are advertised as weighing. This tells us that the amount of food the guy is looking for can be satisfied by either the steakhouse or Taco Bell. So why would this guy get up and leave with no warning? And when he gets up to leave his friends don't even seem to notice or care. What the hell?
    Last edited by Dirty; 12-05-2012, 03:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Taco Bell...Taco Bell...Taco Bell...can't any of you get a job at the Ambassador and get me a pizza and a fishbowl?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Those just don't appeal to me. A Nacho Cheese Tortilla shell? Eww. Give me a regular taco any day. Now the churros that they have, those are awesomesauce.
    It wasn't as good I hoped. Doritos are amazing but that was meh.

Leave a comment:

• noremorse1
    replied
    So what happened to the talk about hockey? "We scored higher on the test..." "You have more people at Taco Bell..." High level, intelligent hockey discussion here...
    huskyfan started it.

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

It was before I ordered a Doritos Loco taco.

Those just don't appeal to me. A Nacho Cheese Tortilla shell? Eww. Give me a regular taco any day. Now the churros that they have, those are awesomesauce.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Was that before or after you asked for an application?
    It was before I ordered a Doritos Loco taco.

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    So what happened to the talk about hockey? "We scored higher on the test..." "You have more people at Taco Bell..." High level, intelligent hockey discussion here...
    Wait...you're not new around here!

Leave a comment:

• davyd83
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dirty
    replied

I met one who worked at Taco Bell!
    Was that before or after you asked for an application?

Leave a comment:

• Biddco
    replied
    Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
    And none of that changes the fact that the vast majority of NMU graduates that I've ever interacted with have been service employees whether it be the guy from ZeroRes that came to clean my Fiancee's carpet or the cashier at Home Depot.
    I met one who worked at Taco Bell!

Leave a comment:

• 626575NC
    replied

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
    Just as a simple point of reference and a little anecdotal evidence, I know someone who went to MTU and graduated sometime in the late '70s. I, on the other hand, went to NMU and graduated in '81. We both work for the same national service industry and are doing quite well thank you!
    You're dealing with an outlier situation. What was the individuals major?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X