Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MTU at NMU 12/04/12: WOOF!

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
    Had you watched the webstream, you would have been able to see the reply from 4 different views like I did. The Tech player had his skate in the crease and tripped the goalie. It was clear as day. Get over it.
    thanks, didn't see it, was wondering what they came up with for a reason to overturn it.
    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Uscho nor CHN has the box score up, did Seckel register any points tonight for NMU?

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        there's no way that's a real thing. You're making that up.
        http://math.nmu.edu/Students/programming_contests/History.html

Its more than NMU vs Tech. More schools do it too. However, looks like Tech swept this year. Heh.
        Go Cats!

Comment

Had you watched the webstream, you would have been able to see the reply from 4 different views like I did. The Tech player had his skate in the crease and tripped the goalie. It was clear as day. Get over it.
          Eh, watched the stream. Hard to tell if the minimal contact impacted the play as Coreau was already moving.
          Originally posted by SCSU Euro
          What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by AnchorsAway View Post
            Uscho nor CHN has the box score up, did Seckel register any points tonight for NMU?
            BOX SCORE
            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

For all the claims your school makes of computational expertise over NMU, I still laugh that, every year I participated in the NMU vs Tech programming competition, we (NMU) won. How embarassing to be beaten by a "liberal arts" school.
              What years are we talking about here? When I was at Tech we completely demolished NMU. I still have a T-shirt from the 2004 competition that says "Will Code For Food" in Comic Sans on the back.

Has anyone from NMU ever been to the World Finals? I don't believe so. Tech went in 2004 (Prague) and 2005 (Shanghai). I was part of the 2004 team.

So, Tech has more NCAA Hockey Championships and more ACM ICPC World Final participations than NMU...

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickW View Post
                What years are we talking about here? When I was at Tech we completely demolished NMU. I still have a T-shirt from the 2004 competition that says "Will Code For Food" in Comic Sans on the back.

Has anyone from NMU ever been to the World Finals? I don't believe so. Tech went in 2004 (Prague) and 2005 (Shanghai). I was part of the 2004 team.

So, Tech has more NCAA Hockey Championships and more ACM ICPC World Final participations than NMU...
                I may have made an error. Teams from NMU have won individually, but Tech has almost always won overall.

I was just a CS minor, but always enjoyed when my team beat any team from Tech.

Those accolades are great, but dont discount NMU. There are several things both CS and IS students from NMU have done. Yhe most recent Intel challenge comes to mind.
                Go Cats!

Comment

I may have made an error. Teams from NMU have won individually, but Tech has almost always won overall.

I was just a CS minor, but always enjoyed when my team beat any team from Tech.

Those accolades are great, but dont discount NMU. There are several things both CS and IS students from NMU have done. Yhe most recent Intel challenge comes to mind.
                  And none of that changes the fact that the vast majority of NMU graduates that I've ever interacted with have been service employees whether it be the guy from ZeroRes that came to clean my Fiancee's carpet or the cashier at Home Depot.
                  Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                    And none of that changes the fact that the vast majority of NMU graduates that I've ever interacted with have been service employees whether it be the guy from ZeroRes that came to clean my Fiancee's carpet or the cashier at Home Depot.
                    I knew a guy who got a degree at Northern who went on to a professional career, but his masters was from MSU, which probably saved him. Not sure if there are any others.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                    USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

You let an NMU grad touch your fiancee's carpet? If anything I would have thought it would need a cleaning after the NMU grad was done. Man, you sure are understainding.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                        I knew a guy who got a degree at Northern who went on to a professional career, but his masters was from MSU, which probably saved him. Not sure if there are any others.
                        I have a Bachelors from NMU in English Lit as well as a degree from DLI in Arabic. I currently work as an IT manager and make over 100,000. I work with another NMU grad who makes twice what I do. When I lived in Seattle I knew about 20 other NMU Alumni in the area who are all very successful. If you two want to make the accusation that NMU graduates are not successful, you will have to try harder. I can name a few MTU grads I know who work in the service industry and I would be suprised if they grossed over 25k last year.
                        Go Cats!

Comment

Man I cannot wait until next year when the Cats get to play Tech 4 times a year and consistently kick their ***.
                          Go Cats!

Comment

Just as a simple point of reference and a little anecdotal evidence, I know someone who went to MTU and graduated sometime in the late '70s. I, on the other hand, went to NMU and graduated in '81. We both work for the same national service industry and are doing quite well thank you!
                            NMU Hockey Since 1976 ...there at the beginning.

Bill Crawford, LSSU radio announcer, on NMU hockey: "This is their MO right to the tee: get out shot, get out played, keep hangin' in there, just rope-a-dope it in your own zone, get it up the ice, bang it in and win the game."

Comment

Originally posted by aygwm2 View Post
                              Just as a simple point of reference and a little anecdotal evidence, I know someone who went to MTU and graduated sometime in the late '70s. I, on the other hand, went to NMU and graduated in '81. We both work for the same national service industry and are doing quite well thank you!
                              You're dealing with an outlier situation. What was the individuals major?
                              "Michigan Tech is to NCAA Hockey, what the Original Six is to the NHL" - Ryan Johnson

Comment

I met one who worked at Taco Bell!
                                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Working...
                                X