2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 8

I can certainly respect your opinion, but at the end of the day, after you cancel out the common wins (i.e. BU games), BC's beat the #3 & #6 PWR Teams while UNH has beat the #10 PWR team. No axe to grind vs Denver, it's just that they've played about 75% of their games at home and the highest PWR team they've beaten is currently ranked 19th. They've clearly done an excellent job beating the bad teams, just not sure they're a real quality squad like you seem to think they are. We'll see how they do vs NoDak this weekend...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
      but if you look at the season as a whole (not taking into account last season and the amazing 29/30 streak BC was on), UNH has had a more impressive start to the season.
      i agree, hence my #1 ranking for them

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
        I can certainly respect your opinion, but at the end of the day, after you cancel out the common wins (i.e. BU games), BC's beat the #3 & #6 PWR Teams while UNH has beat the #10 PWR team. No axe to grind vs Denver, it's just that they've played about 75% of their games at home and the highest PWR team they've beaten is currently ranked 19th. They've clearly done an excellent job beating the bad teams, just not sure they're a real quality squad like you seem to think they are. We'll see how they do vs NoDak this weekend...
        i dont care what DU's or CC's stuff was, if you go out there and take 3 of 4 points , you got a lot done and way more than BC has done on the road to this point. (i know, you play the schedule but i'm trying to make my point) remember, we are talking about Denver and CC out there

Comment

At this instant I would agree with you. UNH's SOS has been falling DU, SCSU and CC have not played that well as of late and with that UNH's SOS is down to 8th. BC's is hanging out at 2. So by KRACH's objective numbers BC schedule right now has been harder. I think before last week the two teams SOS was essentially switched. The numbers are so fluid particularly early.

I don't know who wins the neutral ice game (or any game between the two) but can we have one soon as d@mn (this is a swear?) that would be a fun game to watch.
          "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by JB View Post
            At this instant I would agree with you. UNH's SOS has been falling DU, SCSU and CC have not played that well as of late and with that UNH's SOS is down to 8th. BC's is hanging out at 2. So by KRACH's objective numbers BC schedule right now has been harder. I think before last week the two teams SOS was essentially switched. The numbers are so fluid particularly early.

I don't know who wins the neutral ice game (or any game between the two) but can we have one soon as d@mn (this is a swear?) that would be a fun game to watch.
            Thank you! :-) For the record, I think UNH is doing fantastic and also don't know who I'd pick on neutral ice, but again, my point is that, like you mentioned, DU and CC are falling and those wins, regardless of where they were, aren't looking as good as they looked a week ago. So for anyone to be hanging their hat on the fact that they beat DU at DU, especially after they just lost at home to a 1-7-1 UW squad, seems a bit out there..

Comment

1a. BC (1)
              1b. UNH (2)

really think these 2 are too close to call, BC gets the nod for now, tie goes to the current champ.

Then there is a gap and a bunch, I am having trouble separating. So if I had to bet on a neutral ice game...

3. Notre Dame (defense wins)
              4. Dartmouth (if BC folks have nice things to say must have played well)
              5. BU (they did beat BC)
              6. North Dakota (jeckle and hyde team)
              7. Miami (big win beating Michigan - then again... can you believe they lost to this Michigan team)
              8. Yale
              9. Denver (watch for falling jelly donuts)
              10. Minnesota (I figure their "talent" will kick in eventually)

Funny at this point KRACH notices the same gap... 3rd BU is at 396 "points" and the gap to UNH is 335.7 "points"
              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Thank you! :-) For the record, I think UNH is doing fantastic and also don't know who I'd pick on neutral ice, but again, my point is that, like you mentioned, DU and CC are falling and those wins, regardless of where they were, aren't looking as good as they looked a week ago. So for anyone to be hanging their hat on the fact that they beat DU at DU, especially after they just lost at home to a 1-7-1 UW squad, seems a bit out there..
                Yeah but Wisco just tied Minn. the weekend before so they aren't as bad as there record... watched some of the Denver Wisco games on the tube not impressed - DU's got nothing right now, only squeaked out the tie. They actually looked like they were in a total funk on the ice. Seemed like they had nothing for confidence... couldn't imagine DU scoring more than a goal against anybody. I think they aren't as good as they looked early but they couldn't possibly be that bad either.

Comment

They are a decent team for sure, but by no means does beating them in their barn give you some type of bonus points like WildShawn seems to believe. If they end up beating NoDak and Minnie down the road my opinion of them will change, but until then they are not close to a top team, at Magness or anywhere else....

Comment

They are a decent team for sure, but by no means does beating them in their barn give you some type of bonus points like WildShawn seems to believe. If they end up beating NoDak and Minnie down the road my opinion of them will change, but until then they are not close to a top team, at Magness or anywhere else....
                    You make good points. Though, I still think you're not giving Unh enough credit for doing what they did on the road under those circumstances. BC clearly has a big home ice advantage, being undefeated in 2012, and those big wins were at home. I think what it really should come down to is... BC allowed Maine to score against them and hey, don't blame is for Lowell being horrendous. They were supposed to be wicked awesome this year...
                    Last edited by WildShawn; 12-03-2012, 09:27 PM.

Comment

I thought a win @ Magness was double bonus points!

Comment

I think we can all agree on one thing - UNH is a very, very good team and couldn't have done much better than they have in these first couple months of the season

Comment

Well other than super secret super double points...

Sorry now I am just entertaining myself... (for those that don't know I am a big UNH fan)

Comment

Guys let's get to the real story here. Alabama-huntsville isn't last in the KRACH ratings.

Comment

1. UNH (Just feel as though they've faced tougher competition than BC)
                              2. BC (Great record so far)
                              3. Notre Dame (With Lucia and Anders, I think they're going to win a lot of games)
                              4. Miami
                              5. Denver (Will watch to see if they can get out of their spiral)
                              6. Minnesota (8-0-1 on Saturdays)
                              7. Boston University (Good game against BC this weekend)
                              8. Western Michigan
                              9. Nebraska-Omaha (I think that they've got serious potential)
                              10. North Dakota (Just haven't made enough of a statement for me yet)

Comment

I'll settle for BC ranked #10 and kicking UNH's arse in January.
                                That's the way it's gonna go, ya'll know.
                                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Working...
                                X