Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
    You know when someone asks you if a person is hot and all you can say is that they are really nice because you secretly think they are ugly? How many more ways can angry jack say this kid sucked?
    I thought Jack was pretty clear that the issue was that despite attempts by the coaching staff to help, he failed to start producing. I'm not sure how else he could describe the situation, other "to not to" (in a Mater voice :-)). Jack is calling it like it is, and praising the kid where he deserves to be praised. He also was clear to point out several times that he was well liked by his teammates.
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

So... what's the over/under on BU dives tonight?
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        Jerry York is probably the greatest college hockey coach of all time. Like a coach K in college hoops he's clearly in a league of his own and an exception to the rule. Instead of lauding past stiffs like Al Skinner or Jack Bicknell just because they coached higher profile sports and had a good year or two, BC ought to put a statue of York not in front of Conte forum but at the front gates of the campus. Not sure they'll ever see a coach like him in any of their sports again, as they haven't seen one as successful as him previously.
        verklempt
        Buffoon Detector

Comment

Yasin Cisse:
          "After reading Jack's comments I prefer to say nothing and just move on with my life."
          I bet if he felt the same way that the fanboys do - that Jack was really really nice when talking about Mr. Cisse - that maybe he would acknowledge that and thank Coach Parker for being so gracious. Starting with "after reading Jack's comments" speaks volumes, don't you all think?
          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Cisse posted here? BU thread?
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              I thought Jack was pretty clear that the issue was that despite attempts by the coaching staff to help, he failed to start producing.
              So.... when does Jack plan on taking some accountability for either a) recruiting someone that wasn't very good or b) not developing him????

Of all these players leaving recently, I don't really remember ever seeing Jack taking responsibility for anything. As rover pointed out, he has had some absolute guaranteed NHLers that came and went to the NHL, but development of not-sure-fire NHLers hasn't been very great.
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Aside from the strange obsession over diving from Jackie, I really really find it hilarious that he is truthfully lobbying for league video review of diving and thinks the league should hand out suspensions. It's really one of the most absurd things he's ever said which is really saying something. Yes, the league will really attract recruits this way by suspending kids for potentially no reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  I bet if he felt the same way that the fanboys do - that Jack was really really nice when talking about Mr. Cisse - that maybe he would acknowledge that and thank Coach Parker for being so gracious. Starting with "after reading Jack's comments" speaks volumes, don't you all think?
                  Do the players call him jack?
                  “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                  Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                  Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                  National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

But no, because Jack said something nice about him, it automatically cancels out the clear shots he took at Cisse. Well, clear if you're not wearing JackPa footie pajamas.
                    Last edited by J.D.; 12-06-2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                      Jackie accusing Maine of diving? ***. Hell, we're all just a bunch of stiffs, how can we possibly dive? Has Jackie mentioned anywhere the goal lifting tricks his goalies have all been so accomplished at?

This accusation does make me chuckle. His teams historically have been adept at breaking the rules, aka holding quicker and faster forwards against the boards much longer than allowed. Cheatah I tell ya !!
                      Wow, Timmay is going use that for Bulletin Board material, oh wait, never mind
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                        No idea, but what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
                        China? Mookie? I see what you did there! What do you mean "you people"?
                        “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                        Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                        Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                        National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                          Do the players call him jack?
                          I noticed that. Typically, they do so after they've played their last game. Perhaps, that's the real reason Cisse left. He just didn't want to wait another 2 + years for the opportunity.
                          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post

But no, because Jack said something nice about him, it automatically cancels out the clear shots he took at Cisse. Well, not clear if you're not wearing JackPa footie pajamas.
                            In my mind's eye, I can see Nick wearing JY footies.
                            if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              China? Mookie? I see what you did there! What do you mean "you people"?
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Not sure they'll ever see a coach like him in any of their sports again, .
                                nor will any other school

p.s excellent post BTW, i cant argue with anything you said

Comment

Working...
                                X