• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University vs Boston College 11/30 and 12/1

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    Sterlippo, meet rover.
    Rover, sterlippo.
    yeah, i'm a bit slow at times............err, maybe all the time............maybe this thread can be continued all the way to the Beanpot ?? it's possible by the pace that's been set since sunday

Comment

You know what this thread needs? Guest appearances from JDUBBS and osorojo...
      Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
        You know what this thread needs? Guest appearances from JDUBBS and osorojo...
        agree but seems JDUBBS has turned a new leaf............and Hokydad ignores us now, wonder what's up with that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Since I can buy and sell most of you, I'm not too concerned about turning down BC's generous offer for me to attend their graduate school.
          Has Morgan been resurrected?
          Originally posted by mookie1995
          bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
          Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
          Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

• Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
            Has Morgan been resurrected?
            BRING BACK RITT BABY!

He's the only one we haven't heard from so far...
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Ummm....doesn't UConn have a better hoops & football team plus greater fan support than Boston College? Wouldn't they be a better catch than a program who's best chance to make either the Final Four or a championship bowl game would be to purchase a ticket to the event?
              Ya, because BC didn't play in two ACC title games. That doesn't compare to UConn winning the Big Least. Anyway, this has nothing to do with what you think of UConn. The point is that no major conference wants them. Hmmm...so why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Ya, because BC didn't play in two ACC title games. That doesn't compare to UConn winning the Big Least. Anyway, this has nothing to do with what you think of UConn.
                You're ignoring that UConn also won three NCAA basketball titles in the last 12 years.

The point is that no major conference wants them. Hmmm...so why is that?
                The ACC actually wanted Uconn to join last year. There was only one member who didn't want to let them join because they didn't want competition in their area. I can't imagine you don't know about this.

Comment

Ya, because BC didn't play in two ACC title games. That doesn't compare to UConn winning the Big Least. Anyway, this has nothing to do with what you think of UConn. The point is that no major conference wants them. Hmmm...so why is that?
                  Not sure I'd be too excited with BC Football after today's hire. As a closet BC Football fan, that hurts to see

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                    Not sure I'd be too excited with BC Football after today's hire. As a closet BC Football fan, that hurts to see
                    I dont know a lot about him... but is it really a bad hire? Winning record at Temple, ties to the area, time on the Florida staff etc. I'd guess they are hoping to hire someone who won't just jump ship at the first sign of a better opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      I dont know a lot about him... but is it really a bad hire? Winning record at Temple, ties to the area, time on the Florida staff etc. I'd guess they are hoping to hire someone who won't just jump ship at the first sign of a better opportunity.
                      Losing BE record at Temple, ran the worst offense in Meyer's tenure at UF, compared to some of the other candidates they were rumored to have interviewed (ND's DC among them) he's very underwhelming. UConn passed on him two years ago.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                        I'd guess they are hoping to hire someone who won't just jump ship at the first sign of a better opportunity.
                        That line of thinking didn't exactly do them well last time.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        compared to some of the other candidates they were rumored to have interviewed (ND's DC among them) he's very underwhelming.
                        For all we know, they might have offered him the position? I thought that they might go for a guy with head coaching experience but it seems like this name came out of nowhere? I've seen at least one national sports writer on twitter that likes the move so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post

For all we know, they might have offered him the position? I thought that they might go for a guy with head coaching experience but it seems like this name came out of nowhere? I've seen at least one national sports writer on twitter that likes the move so who knows.
                          I'm depressed in all honestly. From what i've been reading on BC's other blogs is a lot of people think that Bates was given a figure he could not go over.....now that sounds consistent. What REALLY needs to happen is to have Fr. Leahy retire........... I think i need another drink, have a good night

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                            True... But past performance is no guarantee of future results.

I agree it seems underwhelming but that does not always mean bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance View Post
                              You're ignoring that UConn also won three NCAA basketball titles in the last 12 years.

The ACC actually wanted Uconn to join last year. There was only one member who didn't want to let them join because they didn't want competition in their area. I can't imagine you don't know about this.
                              First of all, I'm not ignoring that UConn was good in hoops under Calhoun. I'm also not ignoring that the year he retires, they are ineligible for the NCAA tournament.

And I can't help but laugh at your second point. You must have been reading the Hartford Courant or something. No one team in the ACC can block another team from being added. That's just not how it works. And BC certainly doesn't have the power to be that one team anyway. UConn was just passed over AGAIN recently with the addition of Louisville.

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                              Losing BE record at Temple, ran the worst offense in Meyer's tenure at UF, compared to some of the other candidates they were rumored to have interviewed (ND's DC among them) he's very underwhelming. UConn passed on him two years ago.
                              Having a losing conference record at Temple really shouldn't be a black mark on anybody. Also, in his two years as OC at Florida, they lost to national champion Alabama and the following year was post Tebow. But, by no means do I think this is a great hire. Never even heard his name mentioned until today. I can't imagine he's worse than PP.

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                              For all we know, they might have offered him the position? I thought that they might go for a guy with head coaching experience but it seems like this name came out of nowhere?
                              Agree that it came out of nowhere, but he does have HC experience.
                              Last edited by J.D.; 12-04-2012, 07:45 PM.

Comment

he'll have a chance... acc football isn't all that great. bc gets a handful of impact recruits (which they should be able to do with ease) and they are right back to 8-4 & 9-3 with a chance to win the championship game and get into a bcs game.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X