Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

    Back again this week, post your top 10 teams in the country by Tuesday, November 20th by Noon (Eastern), and they will be counted towards the CHW Power Rankings. This is a unique opportunity that we as hockey fans have to voice our opinions on who should be considered the top 10 in the country.

    My Top 10:
    1. Boston College - The Eagles took care of business against a quality Dartmouth squad this past weekend, inching Coach York to within 1 win of the All-Time Record
    2. New Hampshire - UNH started the weekend great, by opening a 4-0 lead against CC, and finished it great, by closing on a 6-1 run against DU, en route to a draw against CC and a win over DU.
    3. Notre Dame - The Irish played great hockey this weekend against North Dakota, especially on Saturday in a 5-2 victory.
    4. Western Michigan - The Broncos didn't play this weekend, but move up thanks to DU's fall
    5. Denver - The Pioneers lost both of their games this weekend against Yale and New Hampshire, but stay in my top 5 because they could have easily walked away from the weekend with a sweep.
    6. North Dakota - North Dakota got great goalie play from Clarke Saunders on Friday in a 2-1 victory over Notre Dame. They played better better on Saturday, but fell 5-2 to the Irish in South Bend.
    7. Miami - The Redhawks were off this weekend, and hopefully they were able to improve offensively if they want to continue rising in the rankings.
    8. Minnesota - The Gophers swept Vermont, and are gradually improving in their play. Look for the Gophers to continue moving up the rankings in the coming weeks.
    9. St. Cloud State - The Huskies played poorly on Friday in a 2-1 loss to Duluth, but responded with a strong performance on Saturday.
    10. Union - The Dutchmen still have a game left to play today against Penn State, but I'm going out on a limb in putting them at #10 assuming they win today.

    Honorable Mention:
    Dartmouth
    Cornell
    Yale
    Nebraska Omaha
    Ferris State
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

  • #2
    Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

    Lol!

    Dissidence will be surpressed!!!

    Don't blow a gasket chief, I just dropped by to see how things are going. Great to see you still can't take feedback.

    As for the guy who disagreed with your super duper rankings in the thread that's now gone, his voice has been muted. Bravo.
    Last edited by JDUBBS1280; 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

      Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Lol!

      Dissidence will be surpressed!!!

      Don't blow a gasket chief, I just dropped by to see how things are going. Great to see you still can't take feedback.

      As for the guy who disagreed with your super duper rankings in the thread that's now gone, his voice has been muted. Bravo.
      Dissidence will be suppressed? Who are you, Guy Fawkes? LOL It's good to know that inflated egos will never be suppressed.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

        Originally posted by duper View Post
        Dissidence will be suppressed? Who are you, Guy Fawkes? LOL It's good to know that inflated egos will never be suppressed.
        Don't quote this guy, just ignore him...it's a great feature.

        Also, if you would please post your top 10, it would be greatly appreciated.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

          I'm not going to try to rank 1-10, but I have some thoughts.

          It does seem that Boston College has a pretty solid hold on #1.

          I think it's a mistake to ever think that a few teams are not top ten: Minnesota, North Dakota, Boston University

          Teams that are looking really good this year, that either shouldn't be overlooked or I think will get better: New Hampshire, Dartmouth, Yale, Denver

          And a couple of teams that I just have a good feeling about: Miami and St. Cloud

          If you really want the ten in list form, here goes. In no particular order after #1:

          BC
          Minnesota
          NoDak
          BU
          UNH
          Dartmouth
          Yale
          DU
          Miami
          SCSU

          My bias is obvious, so I will just cop to it right now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

            Here's my top ten, no particular order after my top 3.

            BC
            Minnesota
            UNH
            Western Michigan
            SCSU
            Notre Dame
            North Dakota
            BU
            Denver
            Dartmouth
            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

            Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

              Originally posted by duper View Post
              I think it's a mistake to ever think that a few teams are not top ten: Minnesota, North Dakota, Boston University
              You can't base it on what overall history tells you though...

              And, I'm not sure why my post from earlier was deleted, so let me express it again (nothing to do with you)....

              whyyyyyyyyyyy

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                You can't base it on what overall history tells you though...

                And, I'm not sure why my post from earlier was deleted, so let me express it again (nothing to do with you)....

                whyyyyyyyyyyy
                I deleted the thread because it was going in the complete opposite direction that the thread was intended for.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                  Polls are fun, love 'em. But this is really all about the pairwise rankings. But, I still love the polls now... Just sayin'

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                    1. BC
                    2. Notre Dame
                    3. Denver
                    4. UNH
                    5. North Dakota
                    6. Minnesota
                    7. Miami
                    8. SCSU
                    9. BU
                    10.Western Michigan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                      1. BC
                      2. UNH
                      3. Denver
                      4. Notre Dame
                      5. Minnesota
                      6. North Dakota
                      7. St. Cloud
                      8. Dartmouth
                      9. WMU
                      10 . Union
                      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                      It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                        1. BC
                        2. UNH
                        3. Denver
                        4. Minnesota
                        5. Yale
                        6. Union
                        7. Boston University
                        8. Miami
                        9. Notre Dame
                        10. Dartmouth

                        Close, but not quite: North Dakota, Quinnipiac, Western Michigan, Nebraska-Omaha, Niagara
                        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by MUnRPI View Post
                          1. BC
                          2. Notre Dame
                          3. Denver
                          4. UNH
                          5. North Dakota
                          6. Minnesota
                          7. Miami
                          8. SCSU
                          9. BU
                          10.Western Michigan
                          Lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                            Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                            Lol
                            No kidding, UNH has one loss, is 3-0 vs top 10 PWR teams, just beat DU at DU, yet is somehow lower than DU who has 3 losses, including two this weekend at home and hasn't beat even one quality opponent?? ND at #2 is just as bad! People really need to stop guessing with these polls and actually do a little homework....

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 2012-2013: NCAA Rankings - Week 7

                              Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                              No kidding, UNH has one loss, is 3-0 vs top 10 PWR teams, just beat DU at DU, yet is somehow lower than DU who has 3 losses, including two this weekend at home and hasn't beat even one quality opponent?? ND at #2 is just as bad! People really need to stop guessing with these polls and actually do a little homework....
                              That goes both ways. You are right, UNH deserves a high placing, but don't underestimate Denver. They had a bad weekend sure, but all teams do. They are the best team we have faced all year and will finish very high at the end of the season, so you need to do your homework as well oh great sage of the east.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

                              It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X