Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Trust me you don't want Oz as your next coach. Wisconsin needs somebody fresh.
    I'd love to know why you say that about Oz but if you can't divulge that's ok

I do agree with you though. A fresh start is best

No retreads
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Oz might be one of those guys that's a brilliant assistant but maybe not as good as a head coach.

I don't know that he had enough of a shot at OSU to find out for sure.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        I'd love to know why you say that about Oz but if you can't divulge that's ok

I do agree with you though. A fresh start is best

No retreads
        Sorry I can't say but I have been saying this for sometime since he was let go in Columbus. Wisconsin needs a fresh start.
        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Not sure how you guys feel about this, but this article mentions Mark Johnson as a replacement >> ARTICLE

Comment

Originally posted by SteveO View Post
            Not sure how you guys feel about this, but this article mentions Mark Johnson as a replacement >> ARTICLE
            I wouldn't put any stock in that. Not exactly a guy who would be getting scoops on Badger hockey, plus it's just an offhand mention on par with what some of the yahoos in the comment section are saying.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Sources close to the athletic department say Johnson, whose father Bob Johnson led the program to prominence as coach from 1966-82, will at least talk with Alvarez about the job. Mark Johnson was passed over by previous athletic director Pat Richter when Eaves was chosen, but has gone on to compile a 395-74-35 record and led the women’s program to four national titles.

The other most prominent name mentioned is Don Granato, a former UW player from 1987-91 who is coaching with the USA Hockey National team Development Program. Sources say his interest in the UW job has increased.

Another possible candidate with strong UW ties is Mark Osiecki, who played for the Badgers from 1987-90 and was an assistant from 2004-10 before leaving to become head coach at Ohio State. He was fired after three seasons with the Buckeyes and has spent the past three years as an assistant coach with the Rockford IceHogs of the American Hockey League.

Should Alvarez decide to go outside the UW family, speculation has focused on several head coaches of other programs. Among the names frequently mentioned are Rick Bennett of Union, Nate Leaman of Providence and Mike Hastings of Minnesota State.
              Source: Chippewa Herald

Comment

• The further away Barry is from this hire the better.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Rumor on GPL says that MSU may be calling Gwoz after firing their coach.
                  The rumor says that they might? What kind of half assed rumor is that? Please dont tell me Brent posted that?
                  Originally posted by SJHovey
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  Originally posted by Brenthoven
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveO View Post
                    Among the names frequently mentioned are Rick Bennett of Union, Nate Leaman of Providence and Mike Hastings of Minnesota State.
                    Devil's advocate because I already know the answer: Why not Bob Motzko?
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Perhaps the Badgers should consider hiring Gopher woman's coach Brad Frost.

That one hire might solve two problems the Badgers have with their hockey programs.

Comment

Bring Jeff Sauer back.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Go4PuckFan2.0 View Post
                          Perhaps the Badgers should consider hiring Gopher woman's coach Brad Frost.

That one hire might solve two problems the Badgers have with their hockey programs.
                          That is blanking brilliant! Does Frosty have any experience in the men's game?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A local talk show host discussed badger hockey and I was shocked. He ripped Barry for allowing the program to fall so far. He also called the ad but didn't hear back. What he DID say is it's unlikely Mark Johnson would be hired because he's been away from the men's side too long and the women's alumni would be very upset, those statements came from a source he claims to have within the ad
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Moving a coach from the women's side of hockey to the men's side of hockey isn't just a plug-n-play sort of deal. From the guys I know that have coached both boys and girls teams, the players just react differently to how coaches approach them. Johnson is likely seen as having spent so much time coaching women, and doing it well, that it could be seen as a hindrance to coaching young men to a high level of competition.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Moving a coach from the women's side of hockey to the men's side of hockey isn't just a plug-n-play sort of deal. From the guys I know that have coached both boys and girls teams, the players just react differently to how coaches approach them. Johnson is likely seen as having spent so much time coaching women, and doing it well, that it could be seen as a hindrance to coaching young men to a high level of competition.
                                Also, why would an AD want to change two head coaches, when 1 is all they need. You will have no problem hiring a very good young coach away from some other school, it is one of the best jobs in college hockey, the new coach doesn't have to worry about being overshadowed by the previous coach.
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X