Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Isn't he close to 60 yrs old? Or is he already there? If he doesn't need the money I could see him hanging it up.
    Gwoz with a younger assistant to take over once he retires would work great.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      Isn't he close to 60 yrs old? Or is he already there? If he doesn't need the money I could see him hanging it up.
      He turns 62 this summer (its called Wikipedia old man )

And its not like he's currently retired. He's an assistant coach in Tampa. I just see him as the kind who likes to have control of everything he can. I bet when he plays NHL on the X Box with his grandkids he gets the best controller and makes sure he's the 1st player
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Gwoz with a younger assistant to take over once he retires would work great.
        I'll personally help you guys land Gwoz on the condition that he gives SCSU a 1 for 1. I miss Madison, best road trip in college hockey. Stayed a night there this year on the way to Kalamazoo just cuz why not?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
          it's not all about the money.
          Huh? What planet have you been living on??

Comment

Sorry...you were being sarcastic. Something I should recognize...

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
              He turns 62 this summer (its called Wikipedia old man )

And its not like he's currently retired. He's an assistant coach in Tampa. I just see him as the kind who likes to have control of everything he can. I bet when he plays NHL on the X Box with his grandkids he gets the best controller and makes sure he's the 1st player
              He was on my list earlier in the year, but with his age, I thought him being here for 3-4 years isn't the long term stability I would want UW to have.

Oz....in his 3 years he never had a winning record at OSU. He is one heck of a recruiter though. That 2010 team was freaking stacked full of NHLer's, especially D.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

What is Oz doing these days? Why don't we just fire Schuchuk and bring Oz back?

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                  Oz is an "Associate Coach" with the AHL Rockford Icehogs.

He lives in or just outside Madison as I see his family around from time to time and his daughter goes to the same high school as my son.

He'd be my top choice, tied with Granato.

I wonder if he might want to stay with the Icehogs though as he's in with the Chicago Blackhawks now, which is widely thought of as one of the best run NHL franchises these days.

Doesn't matter until we see if Alvarez gives a flying fvck enough to make a move.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                    Because the guy that hired two no-experience assistant coaches is still there. The guy that hasn't balanced recruiting classes, or modified his system to his team needs to be gone too.

Plus Oz wouldn't come back to take a assistant position.
                    Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-20-2015, 01:22 PM.
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      He was on my list earlier in the year, but with his age, I thought him being here for 3-4 years isn't the long term stability I would want UW to have.

Oz....in his 3 years he never had a winning record at OSU. He is one heck of a recruiter though. That 2010 team was freaking stacked full of NHLer's, especially D.
                      Whoever comes in, I will donate TENS of dollars to the program if he will schedule SCSU for a 1 for 1

Comment

Whoever comes in, I will donate TENS of dollars to the program if he will schedule SCSU for a 1 for 1

You guys just need to remember your place and be happy to come to Madison, collect your check and 2 losses and go home with no reciprocal arrangement.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          You guys just need to remember your place and be happy to come to Madison, collect your check and 2 losses and go home with no reciprocal arrangement.

And YOU guys need to stop being ******* about playing in a building you're 3-8-1 in in your last dozen.

By the way... I've been to Madison three times; twice for SCSU, once for tUMD. Badgers were 1-4-1 in those six. Maybe you should pay me to stay away.

Comment

And YOU guys need to stop being ******* about playing in a building you're 3-8-1 in in your last dozen.

By the way... I've been to Madison three times; twice for SCSU, once for tUMD. Badgers were 1-4-1 in those six. Maybe you should pay me to stay away.

Don't let your facts get in the way of my argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              Don't let your facts get in the way of my argument.
                              And don't let me derail the topic: your hockey team stinks, are you getting a new coach?

Comment

Originally posted by drop_the_puck View Post
                                I doubt Barry knows who Gwoz is.
                                Oh man. Absolutely hilarious and almost certainly true.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X