Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Keep him.
    Is there a petition I could sign?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Is there a petition I could sign?
      I am concerned for his well-being. I would hate to put a person out of work in this economy. Re-train him, or try and improve his coaching ability. I'm all about helping a person in need.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yes.

Comment

If you guys want to raise some money to hire a new coach, charge subscription fees to non-UW fans to read this thread this summer. I'd pay
          tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Watching OSU play yesterday made me think that OZ should not be on the list of replacements, he never really got OSU to the next level & the guys he recruited are still on their roster and the team is not doing all that well.

Hastings, Blaisi, Pearson & Montgomery are my top 4. I think the allure of coaching UW and the awesome facilities will allow Barry to pry an existing head coach from another team. Plus getting immediate results will be more likely from a guy with head coaching experience.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Watching OSU play yesterday made me think that OZ should not be on the list of replacements, he never really got OSU to the next level & the guys he recruited are still on their roster and the team is not doing all that well.

Hastings, Blaisi, Pearson & Montgomery are my top 4. I think the allure of coaching UW and the awesome facilities will allow Barry to pry an existing head coach from another team. Plus getting immediate results will be more likely from a guy with head coaching experience.
              A large number of recruits bolted after OZ was fired.

Comment

tMel (Pearson) is going nowhere. Write it down, take a picture, I don't care.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I don't know if this is the year...or you give Eaves another shot. But if you can get them, I think you're right on your candidates.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Nobody wants Gwoz?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                      Nobody wants Gwoz?
                      I think Gwoz has his sights set higher, and his ego is getting in the way of simply finding a job. There is a possibility he just doesn't want to coach anymore, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I think Gwoz has his sights set higher, and his ego is getting in the way of simply finding a job. There is a possibility he just doesn't want to coach anymore, too.
                        Higher than the University of Wisconsin? That's pretty **** high. Plus, I think he'd love the idea of turning a dumpster fire into a Frozen Four team in 2 or 3 years. Not saying he'd for sure succeed, just think he thinks he would.

Comment

Nobody wants Gwoz?
                          I doubt Barry knows who Gwoz is.

Comment

I'd keep him. He's rebuilding, a lot of new talent coming in. The problem isn't Eaves, he's proved he can coach, it's the University's inept attitude toward hockey. They are focusing on football, basketball, all the high revenue sports. Why that takes their attention is beyond me, it's not all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by ex_goldy View Post
                              I'd keep him. He's rebuilding, a lot of new talent coming in. The problem isn't Eaves, he's proved he can coach, it's the University's inept attitude toward hockey. They are focusing on football, basketball, all the high revenue sports. Why that takes their attention is beyond me, it's not all about the money.
                              Of course it is all about money that is the only reason BigTen has a hockey conference....... Minnesota doesn't only focus on the revenue sports because their teams suck and nobody care's about them. If Football keeps on the rise you see how things will shift there too.
                              I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Higher than the University of Wisconsin? That's pretty **** high. Plus, I think he'd love the idea of turning a dumpster fire into a Frozen Four team in 2 or 3 years. Not saying he'd for sure succeed, just think he thinks he would.
                                Isn't he close to 60 yrs old? Or is he already there? If he doesn't need the money I could see him hanging it up.
                                I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X