Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post

I think Mike Babcock or John Tortorella would make a good choice (hey, if you're going to reach with the short list...REACH).
    Scotty Bowman. He likes to trap and he and Red could have wheelchair races between periods.

Or a different triumvirate of former Badgers: Chris Chelios, Mike Richter, and it is looking like perhaps Dany Heatley will be looking for a job soon. Should cover all the positions on the ice nicely.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Howie is a table away at this coffee shop.

Should I ask for his thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Howie is a table away at this coffee shop.

Should I ask for his thoughts?
        Of course!
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Of course!
          No way.

That guy terrifies me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            No way.

That guy terrifies me.
            If their is one guy who will give you a non-sugar coated view of what it's like in an Eaves locker room it be Howie.

Of course, I have to suspect that he may not have nice-and-fuzzy feelings towards Eaves.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post

Of course, I have to suspect that he may not have nice-and-fuzzy feelings towards Eaves.
              Unlike Gurt.

Ha! They could be best friends!

I gotta believe Howie has an interesting opinion on all things Badger hockey. Gurt, you are missing a great opportunity, you coward!
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                I gotta believe Howie has an interesting opinion on all things Badger hockey. Gurt, you are missing a great opportunity, you coward!

I dealt with Howie over the years both in youth hockey (with my son) and at the bank I worked for about 12 years ago.

He was always nice, but there was something intimidating about him under the surface. An underlying smolder.

I have no doubt that he has some pretty frank thoughts about the state of the program. Someone else will have to pry those thoughts from him.

Comment

I really enjoyed Ian Perrin's commentary last weekend, he sounds like he is Howie's brother. Ian called a club a club, but he also made some comments that seemed to indicate he bought into Eaves' youth argument. I bet Howie doesn't follow UW that closely anymore to give an informed opinion.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't think any of us believe that he'd have insight - he's been away from the program for years now.

I just think his rant might be entertaining...

Always liked listening to his tell-it-as-he-sees-it style on the radio and I agree sometimes IP sounds a lot like Howie.

Comment

Does George Fabian still run the Park Street Shoe Repair shop? If so, someone should go down there and ask him. Not about Eaves mind you, I doubt he gives too much of a **** at this point, but just to ask him about Badger hockey in general. In addition to sharpening skates he used to man the penalty box gate at the Coliseum and I'm sure he's got some good stories to tell.
                      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Pretty quiet tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Pretty quiet tonight.
                          The issues are still there, the history is still there, the hole they dug is still there.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            The issues are still there, the history is still there, the hole they dug is still there.
                            I was just kidding. I'm well aware of the issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Pretty quiet tonight.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              They way the game ended just sums up how things are going. They get the easiest goal ever when bu goalie has a brain fart, but still manage not to win. Then in the meaningless shoot out, rumpel makes the save but goes to show off the glove and the puck goes over his shoulder, behind him, and in.

To be fair they played their best game of the year up to the last 2 minutes. Why weren't they playing this hard earlier in the year? Best thing I have heard a coach say to his kids: it takes zero skill to play hard and put forth a 110% effort every time.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/big-...he-carpet-last

Comment

Working...
                                X