Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Alvarez wanted to do with hockey what he does with his food.

Set it and forget it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Eaves' last contract extension is still a mystery to me.
      Why? He's gotten a 1 year contract extension every summer since he's been at Wisconsin. They just tack on an extra year to his deal. They aren't going to stop doing it after a year in which his club earns a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Why? He's gotten a 1 year contract extension every summer since he's been at Wisconsin. They just tack on an extra year to his deal. They aren't going to stop doing it after a year in which his club earns a No. 1 seed in the NCAA tournament.
        Given his inconsistent record (and the lows in between the highs are getting lower), I'm not sure I agree with the idea that he still needs his long leash getting re-upped each year. His one year flashes in the pan aren't enough to justify anything of the sort. He needs to show that he can coach a quality team more than once every four years.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Given his inconsistent record (and the lows in between the highs are getting lower), I'm not sure I agree with the idea that he still needs his long leash getting re-upped each year. His one year flashes in the pan aren't enough to justify anything of the sort. He needs to show that he can coach a quality team more than once every four years.
          I'm not disagreeing with that at all, but they aren't going to break the trend after earning a No. 1 seed in the NCAA's.

Comment

I think, because the AD has now established this policy, you either have to fire Eaves or extend him at this point. Not extending him is now just a big no confidence vote and however appropriate it may be, I can't see it doing anything but killing recruiting efforts.
            IMO kids and parents weigh the coach probably even more then the institution, (unless maybe legacy players, like the Ford's perhaps) and a coach with no security and a no confidence vote from the school is just not where I'd choose to send my high-end kid.

And really at this point, not extending him is just being halfway about it, which I detest anyway.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonin21 View Post
              For this long? They were solid last year.

Everyone has known the badgers would suck this year for a LONG time, and I was questioning why there wasn't more of a panic when the recruiting gaps were still huge (around the end of last summer even).
              Hope. We had hope that Rockwood and Hughes combo'ed with Besse and LaBate would hold the troops in respectabilityville this year, then with next year's class they could to some damage outside the city gates.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't know what to say but

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!

The only way to tolerate watching this program is to drink more until I have something else to regret in the morning.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I don't know what to say but

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GET IT OVER WITH ALREADY!

The only way to tolerate watching this program is to drink more until I have something else to regret in the morning.
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

After seeing Wisco being swept yet again, I had an inkling this thread would make it back to Page 1. In fact it was not a tough call. And looking at the team's upcoming schedule, it's entirely possible that its second win might not come until February. Not trying to rub it in, because such a skid could happen to just about any team, Gophers included (just not this year, however). Not that it matters to you guys, but I will be rooting for the Badgers in many of their upcoming serious, including Tech and BU (go B1G!) and Michigan, who I root against no matter who they play.
                    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Please don't fire Eaves.

Thank you

Comment

It's only a matter of time before we start hearing "Thank you, Eaves" chants in opposing buildings.

Comment

It's only a matter of time before we start hearing "Thank you, Eaves" chants in opposing buildings.
                          I think Barry is the guy to thank, but I can't imagine that chant would actually ever get going either.
                          "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

If you ever go to Houghton I'll make sure both chants happen.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I forgot to imagine Shirtless Guy might be in the building...
                              "...and that only took six seconds!"

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                                pfft.

IT"LL BE A COLD DAY IN HOUGHTON BEFORE WE LOSE TO TECH!!!

er...hang on...

I don't think that came out right.
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Working...
                                X