Fire Mike Eaves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Imagine what he could do recruiting at Wisconsin? Come on, Barry....

Comment

Wisconsin fires Eaves and Gwoz steps in. The fit is great. George doesn't have to face his old team and he's now in the bigs with a nearly limitless budget. I see it happening.

Comment

At least with Gwoz at the helm your forwards would be allowed to actually skate over the offensive blueline.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          At least with Gwoz at the helm your forwards would be allowed to actually skate over the offensive blueline.
          They can now...

As long as the puck is behind the net and the other team doesn't possess it.

Comment

This is the absolute perfect opportunity to get Gwoz. If BA isn't thinking about it right now.....Next couple of days I will have my fingers crossed.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

The problem is Alvarez doesn't know who George Gwozdecky is. He probably barely knows who Mike Eaves is...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                The problem is Alvarez doesn't know who George Gwozdecky is. He probably barely knows who Mike Eaves is...
                Reposted from the old UW thread:

*****http://l.wigflip.com/f6muGQu3/roflbot.jpg******
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I personally thought that he had to make the NCAAs at a minimum to keep his job this year. After the poor attendance at the Dane Cty Col. and the financial bath the UW took, I figured Barry's attention was finally on the hockey program. He may have done the bare minimum by winning the conference tournament.

Interesting that DU fires Gwoz because they have higher standards than we do...

Comment

I agree with that sentiment, but luckily, he turns to Sean Frazier for hockey operations.

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                      Interesting that DU fires Gwoz because they have higher standards than we do...
                      On-ice results were probably less than half of the reason for Gwoz's departure.

Comment

truer words have not been spoken!

as to the point of this thread,...I'm not happy with Eaves and would like to see a change but Gwoz is at the end of my list of candidates.

#1 - he wouldn't be in madison very long. he's over 60, correct?
                        #2 - "they had their time" - he completely dismissed the idea of coaching at Wisconsin (in print) when he went to Denver
                        Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

so Gwoz is fired after making the NCAA's in 12 of 19 seasons, including 6 consecutive seasons and 8 of the last 10 (there should be an x for 12-13), winning 2 NCAA's...I don't know what DU is thinking...

anyway, to those wanting Gwoz in Madison, they certainly could do worse, I just worry that time is running against him

2012-13 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 20 14 5 .577
                          2011-12 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 25 14 4 .628 x
                          2010-11 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 25 12 5 .655 x
                          2009-10 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 27 10 4 .707 x x
                          2008-09 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 23 12 5 .637 x
                          2007-08 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 26 14 1 .646 x x
                          2006-07 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 21 15 4 .575
                          2005-06 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 21 15 3 .577
                          2004-05 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 32 9 2 .767 x x x (1)
                          2003-04 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 27 12 5 .670 x (1)
                          2002-03 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 21 14 6 .585
                          2001-02 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 32 8 1 .793 x x x
                          2000-01 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 19 15 4 .553
                          1999-00 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 16 23 2 .415
                          1998-99 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 26 13 2 .659 x x
                          1997-98 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 11 25 2 .316
                          1996-97 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 24 13 4 .634 x
                          1995-96 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 22 14 3 .603
                          1994-95 George Gwozdecky WCHA I 25 15 2 .619 x
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            truer words have not been spoken!

as to the point of this thread,...I'm not happy with Eaves and would like to see a change but Gwoz is at the end of my list of candidates.

#1 - he wouldn't be in madison very long. he's over 60, correct?
                            #2 - "they had their time" - he completely dismissed the idea of coaching at Wisconsin (in print) when he went to Denver
                            Gwoz is 59. Hell, he played on the same team as Mike Eaves at Wisconsin.

Comment

Eaves will never be fired for losing in the first round of the NCAA tournament, since there is no way that Eaves leads UW to the NCAAs 6 consecutive seasons.

Comment

For comparison's sake:
                                *****http://imageshack.us/a/img692/4484/eraz.jpg******
                                Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                                Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                                sigpic
                                Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                                1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Working...
                                X