Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fire Mike Eaves?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    It's posts like these that make me rofl.
    Exactly. I don't HAVE to prove it. It wasn't called, therefore according to the game summary/recap/etc/etc, the "stick-throwing" never happened. He just lost his stick. That's it.

Lawyered.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by hockeykrazy View Post
      http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/...ights?s=100375

Here is the replay, there is no skate near the stick. The Wisconsin defenders leg is going in the opposite direction and Murray's legs are too far away. The puck hits the stick after the stick is released and Rumpel said the puck knocked it out of his hand. There is a distinct motion with his arm outside, then back inside and then swinging out again when he let go of it.
      Whether it was his intent or not to throw it may be another debate but it pretty clear that his swinging motion and release were before the puck hit it and like Wisc said he was trying to prevent a goal. The officials just basically blew the call.

Gorg says, "It gets knocked out" meaning his stick. The overhead view (which you don't have here for some reason ) CLEARLY shows the stick hitting Shulze's heal before coming loose. It's not even debatable.

You don't like the replay interpretation, whatever, but don't make **** up here.

C'mon Jan. For once, JUST ONCE in your life, be better than this.
      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-26-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Gorg says, "It gets knocked out" meaning his stick. The overhead view (which you don't have for some reason) CLEARLY shows the stick hitting Shulze's heal before coming loose. It's not even debatable.

You don't like the replay interpretation, whatever, but don't make **** up here.

C'mon Jan. For once in your life, be better than this.
        But Shulze's heal is going forward and in the opposite direction so even if it did hit it, it would not have gone in that direction. Rumpel clearly swings his arm in the direction the stick goes.

Comment

But Shulze's heal is going forward and in the opposite direction so even if it did hit it, it would not have gone in that direction. Rumpel clearly swings his arm in the direction the stick goes.
          Rumpel is swinging his arm in the direction the stick goes because he is trying to make a play on the puck. The stick hits a skate and gets knocked out of his hand.

Comment

Gorg says, "It gets knocked out" meaning his stick. The overhead view (which you don't have here for some reason ) CLEARLY shows the stick hitting Shulze's heal before coming loose. It's not even debatable.

C'mon Jan. For once, JUST ONCE in your life, be better than this.
            OH, GORG SAID IT? THEN IT MUST BE TRUE!

I want to see this overhead view you are talking about. I hadn't seen any replays before this, but now that I watch it, it looks like based on where Rumpel is holding the stick (halfway down the shaft) that Schulze isn't close enough for Rumpel's stick to hit his heel.
            Originally posted by SJHovey
            Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
            Originally posted by Brenthoven
            We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

So wait...

You clowns haven't even seen the replays and you're going on and on like this?

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Why am I not surprised?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/double-facepalm_zps6b06b20c.jpg******
              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-26-2013, 08:33 AM.

Comment

The "Jan" has been strong in the last 4 pages of this thread, keep it up!

Comment

So wait...

BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!

Why am I not surprised?

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/double-facepalm_zps6b06b20c.jpg******
                  I hadn't seen the replay. One person. I wasn't going on and on. I made one comment about it.
                  Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                  We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

So I learned something new today, if you didn't mean to throw it, and it just happens to be knocked out in the direction to make the play it is ok.
                    Nice to know. If it is in his hand there is no way that save is made.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                      I hadn't seen the replay. One person. I wasn't going on and on. I made one comment about it.

I didn't single you out.

This train wreck, much like Trophygate, was a group Jan.

Comment

So I learned something new today, if you didn't mean to throw it, and it just happens to be knocked out in the direction to make the play it is ok.
                        Nice to know. If it is in his hand there is no way that save is made.
                        I was at the game and I saw the overhead replay there. I was home and watched this one and it didn't match with what Rumpel said in the post game interview. He said the puck knocked it out of his hand and this one clearly shows the stick is out of hand before the puck hits it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                          Find a different word FTLT. Cheating implies an intent to deceive to gain some unfair advantage. If you are on a break away and I hook you down to prevent you scoring, it is not cheating. It is specifically provided for in the rules that a penalty will result, and in that circumstance I have likely had time to make a judgement about whether I would rather let you shoot or take a penalty, and simply have chosen to take the penalty. It's even referred to as a "good penalty" in some situations. But it's not cheating.

In the case of a goalie throwing his stick, it is the intent of the goalie to stop the puck, not to deceive anyone. If I am caught out in the corner and wheel my stick ninja-style to the front of the net intercepting a puck, I am not deceiving anyone, or even trying to. I am simply stopping the puck. Period. The rules provide for a penalty in that case and it is up to the officials to apply the rules.

In the case of Rumpel, first of all, I have seen him drop his stick several times while simply watching play in the corner. He wields his stick lightly, like a magician holds a wand, not like a barbarian with a cudgel. In the split second that it took for the stick to come out there was not time to even consider his action or if it would be cheating to let go of his stick. He simply was attempting to stop the puck. My opinion is that given the way he holds his stick it was knocked loose, yours is he threw it. Fine. Blame the officials if you think they got it wrong, but don't call the kid a cheater. He's not Lance Armstrong. He was just trying to do his job.

The "grin" that you refer to as evidence of complicity, is more likely attributed to the fact that he said he watched the stick knock the puck wide "almost in slow motion". It was an astonishing turn of events, and no doubt the player at the center of it was even more astonished at the sheer luck involved that prevented the puck from going in. Getting out of it on sheer luck is not the same as purposefully cheating the game, but you are equating the two and labeling Rumpel, who is a fine player and a fine person off the ice as well as on, a cheater. It's a foolish notion and should be stated differently.
                          The "grin" he has that on his face all the time....just a happy Canadian kid playing and living in a great American city.

Comment

I didn't single you out.

This train wreck, much like Trophygate, was a group Jan.
                            But Becky, you said this:

I was the only one that said they hadn't seen the replay before now. But don't worry, just because you are a dumbass doesn't mean I will paint all Badger fans with the same brush.

Comment

Even if that goal counted you would have found a way to lose to Bucky anyway, you know because you're Jan and all.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Even if that goal counted you would have found a way to lose to Bucky anyway, you know because you're Jan and all.
                                Kinda like how your team got shut out against 8th place CC?

Comment

Working...
                                X